• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NATIONAL RUGBY WEEK 25th 29th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
To all the punters and volunteers - it is our week, lets talk it up.

nrw_728x150.jpg

Doing a survey as well, I would really like the feedback as feedback enables improvement;
if you new about it;
how did you hear?
is your club involved?
is your school involved?
If not how can we do it bigger and better next year?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I wasn't aware of it
Don't believe my kids club or school is involved

Found out about it from this tweet

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
Two boys in high school and one in primary school. Nothing about it at school or junior club level. First I heard was this post.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
How many development officers do they have to get to 800 schools in a week? Well obviously 80-160 if they do 1-2 schools a day. But what are they doing the other 40 odd school weeks of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I hear about it every year, it's a very good idea for our sport in OZ

I thought this was the first (maybe second year of it) as it relates to the Game On program which is i think only started last year.
Can I ask how you heard about it?

I don't think any one on hear wouldn't agree a rugby week is a great idea.
It is
the awareness.
the penetration.
that brings success.
then success breeds success.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How many development officers do they have to get to 800 schools in a week? Well obviously 80-160 if they do 1-2 schools a day. But what are they doing the other 40 odd school weeks of the year?

Hear is an example of GameOn last year - I'm not sure that it related to rugby week but a great example;

Great concept, but getting into schools is HARD!!!!
I have found out the junior public school system is like lazy public service, if they can avoid work they will.

But back to rugby week and its communication and awareness; did you know and how?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought this was the first (maybe second year of it) as it relates to the Game On program which is i think only ə last year.
Can I ask how you heard about it?

I don't think any one on hear wouldn't agree a rugby week is a great idea.
It is
the awareness.
the penetration.
that brings success.
then success breeds success.

I heard about it since last year and apparently the event started in 2014 according this link:

http://www.aru.com.au/News/NewsArti...OSS-AUSTRALIA-TO-PLAY-NON-CONTACT-SEVENS.aspx

Well, I follow and read many rugby websites across the world, some rugby forums like this and many rugby fan pages on the social networks. Also I follow many rugby journalists on social networks and some of them are from OZ like Sean Maloney, Greg Martin, Beth Newman, Iain Payten, Nick McArdle, Georgina Robinson and others.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
But back to rugby week and its communication and awareness; did you know and how?

First I heard of it was this post. I regularly watch the news etc, read the paper and have not heard a peep in Sydney. I still have one child in primary school and nothing there either.

When my older two were in primary school it was AusKick (AFL) and the league guys at the school most often. There was also info about the visits in the school newsletters all the time not just a once off.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I heard about it since last year and apparently the event started in 2014 according this link:

http://www.aru.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1699/ArticleID/12146/NATIONAL-RUGBY-WEEK-–-SCHOOLS-ACROSS-AUSTRALIA-TO-PLAY-NON-CONTACT-SEVENS.aspx

Well, I follow and read many rugby websites across the world, some rugby forums like this and many rugby fan pages on the social networks. Also I follow many rugby journalists on social networks and some of them are from OZ like Sean Maloney, Greg Martin, Beth Newman, Iain Payten, Nick McArdle, Georgina Robinson and others.

You beat me!!!!!!!!

I thought i spent some time on rugby, especially over the last 12 months undertaking significant research.

You are one of the very few that appears to have known about it to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.