• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rio Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Absolutely wonderful win! I'm stoked for them.

I haven't got FTA so I tried to watch it on the channel 7 streaming service. Its an absolute disaster!!! I got to watch 20 second grabs by toggling between channels before it hung up.

Its a massive fail by Channel 7, they have totally under-resourced their site and as soon as something is on that a lot of people want to watch, it crashes. I tried to register a complaint, that crashed too! Haha. Complaints section overloaded, I wonder why?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Great work by the Aussies to top off a very good year.

Some very, very skilful players out there.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's been explained why elsewhere, and better, but I do love the Irony of the Anti-Siphoning list prevent Pay-TV (basically Foxtel, but eh) from bidding for and broadcasting the Olympics, but once the FTA network has the coverage, they can charge you for the stuff they're not covering on Telly as well.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
aussie 7s gold.png

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
the whinging from the kiwis is strong if you look at social, it's hilarious.

But also this is awesome, they've been the best team in the international scene for ages and Caslick and Green are fantastic players in particular, amongst a group of fantastic players, great ambassadors for the game, lets translate this into more women's rugby players!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Great game. Gutted to lose but at least it wasn't a thrashing. Sitting with a couple of sports classes watching it via a data projector so plenty of noise.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Great match. Kiwis were a bit unlucky with their errors but the best team got the bickies.

Well done girls!

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
the whinging from the kiwis is strong if you look at social, it's hilarious.

Some of them have told their own to grow some grace. Just disappointment so some of them are losing it a bit at us.

"I think we've got so used to the All Blacks winning that some of us have forgotten how to be gracious losers. Aussie deserved the win, and AWESOME effort by the girls to get silver!"
  • Share​
kiwi guy

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Only one rendition of Kiwi anthem before game and no Haka - IOC obviously didn't get memo from NZRFU.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Thought in Sevens, the Haka came at the end of a tournament if they won it because of the time constraints.

Ok - interesting to have post battle, but enjoyed only having to listen to one version of God Save NZ (Sevens is good with the time thing).

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
A small but telling proof of the team's professionalism was Caslick's response to the knee to her head after she scored her try. It was accidental but was from behind and late. That's the sort of thing that sets lesser players off, with immediate retaliation, pushing and shoving etc.
A long look at the NZ player was all that Caslick did. Great composure and a sample of the focus all players and coach Tim Walsh bring to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.