• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Damn I hate the name being the same as Qld Country. For a moment I thought he was replacing Garrick Morgan for the proper Qld Country Representative coaching position...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QLD Country

Ben Daley
Brad Thorn
Tyrell Barker
Angus Scott-Young
Liam McNamara
McLean Jones
Lolo Fakaosilea
Isaak Fines
Apisai Naiyabo
Feleti Kaitu’u
Kirwan Sanday
Mitch Third
Alexander Casey
Mitch Gordon
Conor Mitchell
Scott Maloula
Tom Banks
Tyronne Lefau
Taniela Tupou
Jack Cornelson
Duncan Paia’aua
Richie Asiata
Mack Mason
Isack Rodda
Josh Birch
Isaia Perese
Sef Fa’agase
Campbell Magnay
James Tuttle

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
QLD Country

Ben Daley
Brad Thorn
Tyrell Barker
Brad Thorn
Angus Scott-Young
Liam McNamara
McLean Jones
Lolo Fakaosilea
Isaak Fines
Apisai Naiyabo
Feleti Kaitu’u
Kirwan Sanday
Mitch Third
Alexander Casey
Mitch Gordon
Conor Mitchell
Scott Maloula
Tom Banks
Tyronne Lefau
Taniela Tupou
Jack Cornelson
Duncan Paia’aua
Richie Asiata
Mack Mason
Isack Rodda
Josh Birch
Isaia Perese
Sef Fa’agase
Campbell Magnay
James Tuttle

Fixxed

Brad Thorn.jpg

:D

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
why twice?

Reg, I know you guys are now stratospheric since GAGR went digital in the media marketplace, but this was a chance to take advantage of a backup headshot of Sorny (Big Bad Brad's name in Japanese) in the playing jersey.

It's a bit touch-and-go whether this sort of frippery can pass muster in the sub-forums these days, but you can never have too many pirated photos. :)

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Here's my tinfoil hit conspiracy for the day: It's absolutely no secret around the rugby grounds of Brisbane that Stiles saw the NRC as his stepping stone to the Reds gig. While most saw it as a developmental opportunity, Stiles wanted the wins.

He would have been heavily involved in player identification and assignment as the Reds forwards/senior assistant coach.

Now he has the top gig, the two QLD franchises might see more equality in the player assignments. In fact, given his whole claim to the Reds gig being based on NRC, it is arguably in his best interest for City to struggle this year.

Country has an improved coaching staff (replacement of Gilmore and removal of Thompson) and a more balanced roster (also Daley staying not playing for Perth, suggests being competitive is more important than developing Reds), it should give both QLD teams a shot at the competition.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
applies to city also, but where are neville, timu, houston, korcyzke, taefu and even recent debutant jack tuttle.

injured? playing for other teams perhaps? I know recent Force signing matt phillips is playing in the ITM cup instead

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Breaking that down then:

Fullback
Tom Banks - UQ
Liam McNamara - Sunnybank
Wing
Isaia Perese - Easts
Centres
Tyronne Lefau - Wests
Josh Birch - UQ
Campbell Magnay
Matt Gordon - Easts
Flyhalf
Mitch Third - Bond Uni
Duncan Paia’aua - Norths
Mack Mason - Easts
Scrumhalf
Isaak Fines - Sunnybank
Scott Maloula - Souths
James Tuttle - GPS
Backrow
Angus Scott-Young - UQ
McLean Jones - UQ
Lolo Fakaosilea - Sunnybank
Conor Mitchell - UQ
Jack Cornelson - UQ
Lock
Brad Thorn - GPS
Tyrell Barker - Easts
Isack Rodda - Easts
Apisai Naiyabo - Norths
Prop
Ben Daley - Bond UNi
Taniela Tupou - Brothers
Richie Asiata - Easts
Sef Fa’agase - UQ
Kirwan Sanday - Easts
Hooker
Feleti Kaitu’u - GPS
Alexander Casey - Souths

For a possible squad of:

15 Tom Banks
14 Isaia Perese
13 Campbell Magnay
12 Duncan Paia’aua
11 Liam McNamara
10 Mack Mason
9 James Tuttle
8 Lolo Fakaosilea
7 Conor Mitchell
6 McLean Jones
5 Isack Rodda
4 Brad Thorn
3 Taniela Tupou
2 Feleti Kaitu’u
1 Sef Fa’agase

16 Alexander Casey
17 Ben Daley
18 Richie Asiata
19 Apisai Naiyabo
20 Jack Cornelson
21 Isaak Fines
22 Mitch Third
23 Josh Birch

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
applies to city also, but where are neville, timu, houston, korcyzke, taefu and even recent debutant jack tuttle.

injured? playing for other teams perhaps? I know recent Force signing matt phillips is playing in the ITM cup instead

Neville - unknown, but Brisbane City seem short of locks (and he's obviously a City incumbent) so perhaps he was just away for the photos.

Timu - injured, we won't see him.

Houston - We bloody well should see him. Country seem more needy of him. Again, could've been just away for photos.

Korczyk - was injured but probably due back soonish. Perhaps we will see him later in the season.

Taefu - just had his first bub (and a bit of surgery before that) so perhaps out for the season or just out of photos. A Brisbane boy.

Any outside backs missing? Nabuli perhaps? QLD Country very light on here.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Winning is obviously more important this yeaf than previous, think departing Reds were always getting shown the door.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
winning isn't everything, it is the only thing

I like it, why should we not try to win as much as possible?

Hopefully the Queensland teams will only lose two games this season, once in the local derby and once n the grand final local derby

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
To a degree I understand it but would it not be worth giving someone who might be involved with the reds next year a run? Daley's experiencewould be good for the forwards but I think Lolo is a different story

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
To a degree I understand it but would it not be worth giving someone who might be involved with the reds next year a run? Daley's experiencewould be good for the forwards but I think Lolo is a different story

the future player can learn from the older guy and get a benefit from this, ideally Daley will start at the beginning of the season and by the end will be a bench player. Bring him from 70 minutes in the first week to bench in the last with his backup moving from 10 minutes in the first week to 70 minutes in the last.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Official squad named with gaps filled:

Sef Fa’agase*

Richie Asiata

Taniela Tupou*

Ben Daley*

Kirwan Sanday*

James Slipper*

Hookers
Feleti Kaitu’u

Alex Casey

Saia Fainga’a*

Stephen Moore

Locks
Izack Rodda

Tyrell Barker*

Brad Thorn

Phil Potgieter*

Rob Simmons*

Backrowers
Angus Scott-Young

Jack Cornelsen*

Connor Mitchell*

Maclean Jones*

Apisai Naiyabo

Lolo Fakaosilea*

Scrumhalves
James Tuttle* (C)

Scott Malolua*

Issak Fines-Leleiwasa,

Flyhalves
Mack Mason*

Mitch Third

Centres
Duncan Paia’aua*

Matt Gordon*

Campbell Magnay*

Josh Birch

Outside Backs
Izaia Perese*

Tom Banks*

Tyronne Lefau*

Liam McNamara

Eto Nabuli

Tom Pincus*

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
1. Faagase 2. Fainga'a 3. Thor
4. Rodda 5. Thorn
6. Scottyoung 8. Fakasolia 7. mitchell

9. tuttle 10.mason 12. DP 13. Magnay
11. Perese 15. Banks 14. Nabuli

16. Kaituu 17. Daley 18. Sanday 19. Poitgetier 20. Maclean 21. Maloula 22. Third 23. Banks

T

TOCC

If they manage to get all 15 on the field at once they will certainly give most teams a run for their money, expecting an improved performance on 2015 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.