• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbodactyl

Stan Wickham (3)
So with two rounds left there are a few possible scenarios:

Round 8: Nudgee, TSS, GT win. This scenario will see Nudgee guranteed at least a share of the premiership and likely provides GT with their best chance at a premiership given they play Nudgee in the last round. Will mean that in the last round There is a 1st vs 2nd and 2nd vs 2nd clash with all of State High, TSS and GT relying on a GT win to have a share of the premiership.

State High, TSS, GT win: Exact same situation as above however with the games revered and TSS, GT and Nudgee relying on a TSS win in Brisbane to have a share of the premiership.

Nudgee, TSS, BBC win: With BBC having to travel to Ipswich in the last round they are by no means guaranteed a win. Again all will rely on GT winning against Nudgee in the final round for anyone else to have a share.

State High, TSS, BBC win: Exact same as above however teams relying on TSS to defeat State High.

Nudgee/State High draw, TSS, GT win: Now this would make things very interesting. If State High and Nudgee draw then both are still in the driving seat to share the premiership however this also leaves open the possibility that GT and TSS could share it on their own. Same deal if GT lose to BBC.

Most likely scenarios for mind:
1. BSHS/Nudgee win outright
2. 3 way tie: BSHS/Nudgee/GT/TSS/BBC
3. 2 way tie: GT/TSS/BBC or Nudgee/State High

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
We all know of your "depth", deep, deep, deep pockets. Wouldn't know whether BBC have knocked on 8 times each game this year, do tell!

ACGS needs to go back to the last 2 years strategy- phone calls to Downlands , Iona, St Edmunds and especially the BRoncos need to be made . Sua and Croft have younger brothers.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Not sure you can blame injuries for the loss. BBC lost forwards leader, 9, captain @ 10 and already had replacements in the starting squad.
Shows the depth and spirit they have built. And before you say it, not all with scholarships.

Sorry Pal but the BBC backline looked pedestrian(predictable) without Ikatu. no x factor anywhere.ACGS were lucky he , Simpsom & Hosea were out or it could have got ugly.
I hear those 3 plus number 5 yesterday are gone for the year.
And that means BBC are gone for the year.
Nudgee on the other hand are getting players back and that backline is purring.Topou amd Malala terrorised TSS.
Cant see NC losing it from here.

Legend of the 80's

Bob McCowan (2)
Well round 7 is done and dusted and it may be tight finish or maybe not.

In the “Whole of School” points table it look s like this after Round 7:

1. GT – 146.5

2. NC – 133.5

3. BBC – 128

4. TGS – 114.5

5. BSHS – 89

=6. TSS – 88.5

=6. ACGS – 88.5

8. IGS – 84

9. BGS – 34.5

One result missing for the 14C BGS v BSHS but it is not going to make a huge difference to the table. (But post it if you have it)

It will be interesting the next two round with GT to plat BBC & NC – how big an impact will the Immersion Program have on the “Whole of School” Table? Also NC to play BSHS next weekend and GT the following weekend.

TGS have the Bye next weekend so that effectively puts them out.

I think the blue and whites may sneak by the red and black – but hard to tell and the passion between these school to beat the others from A’s to F’s who can tell.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
So TSS win 2nds , 3rds and 4ths to remain undefated but cant win the 1sts yesterday.i agree that NC 10,13and 15 are electric and if they remain uninjured NC will be very hard to beat.
Well done to BGS 2nds who beat BSHS yesterday but it shows BSHS depth is paperthin .
Any more injuries at BSHS and they are goneski .

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
So TSS win 2nds , 3rds and 4ths to remain undefated but cant win the 1sts yesterday.i agree that NC 10,13and 15 are electric and if they remain uninjured NC will be very hard to beat.
Well done to BGS 2nds who beat BSHS yesterday but it shows BSHS depth is paperthin .

I wouldn't worry about BSHS, no serious injuries there. They'll have their full team fit and ready for Nudgee on Saturday and even if they do get an injury, they still have a few great players left in the 2nds who can step up.

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)

State high also lost in 3rds 16a's and couldn't field a whole 16B team. Just a question though. How is that 2nd's state high fly half not playing firsts? He was electric.

Outside in

Frank Row (1)
I wouldn't worry about BSHS, no serious injuries there. They'll have their full team fit and ready for Nudgee on Saturday and even if they do get an injury, they still have a few great players left in the 2nds who can step up.
BSHS seemed tired yesterday to me. They will need their Aussie schoolboy prop back and fit if they are to compete on Ross Oval next Saturday.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure you can blame injuries for the loss. BBC lost forwards leader, 9, captain @ 10 and already had replacements in the starting squad.
Shows the depth and spirit they have built. And before you say it, not all with scholarships.

Hahahaha, was tolerating your responses for awhile, but cracked up at your comment about not with scholarships, it's one thing to think stupid thinks, but it's another to open your mouth and prove it, happy to take your point on spirit etc etc, but cmon mate mate everyone knows bbc chock full of scholarships,

Whisperer

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hahahaha, was tolerating your responses for awhile, but cracked up at your comment about not with scholarships, it's one thing to think stupid thinks, but it's another to open your mouth and prove it, happy to take your point on spirit etc etc, but cmon mate mate everyone knows bbc chock full of scholarships,

Appreciate the tolerance!!

I wasn't thinking all stupid thinks!!

I said not ALL with scholarships.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Sorry Pal but the BBC backline looked pedestrian(predictable) without Ikatu. no x factor anywhere.ACGS were lucky he , Simpsom & Hosea were out or it could have got ugly.
I hear those 3 plus number 5 yesterday are gone for the year.
And that means BBC are gone for the year.
Nudgee on the other hand are getting players back and that backline is purring.Topou amd Malala terrorised TSS.
Cant see NC losing it from here.

Credit and respect to the boys that played but yeah any team without Len Ikitau is worse off

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
BSHS seemed tired yesterday to me. They will need their Aussie schoolboy prop back and fit if they are to compete on Ross Oval next Saturday.

I agree. BSHS lacked energy and looked flat. They will not beat Nudgee if they play like that again. From what I hear, the prop will be back, hopefully the teams intensity will be too.

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
State high also lost in 3rds 16a's and couldn't field a whole 16B team. Just a question though. How is that 2nd's state high fly half not playing firsts? He was electric.

Have to agree, he was exciting to watch. Great acceleration and impressive agility.

State high definitely struggle with numbers. They really don't have enough players to field a competitive 3rds and about 6 of their 16A players are playing 1sts. But being co-ed means half the school isn't eligible to play, I think they'll always struggle with numbers.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree with that but credit to BBC 10-14-15 all fired in first 20!of 2nd half - was 10's best game of the season by far

Yes I agree .
perhaps he should more often . he needs to step up and take on the line now that a number of stars are out .

Status
Not open for further replies.