• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
Well said most experts were quite dismissing! Whatever happens over the next 2 weeks the NC side has shown what good coaching, hard work, heart and ability do! Would be great if they could finish it off, great game coming up!!
This year no Nudgee player made Australian schoolboys side.

Sent from my SM-G920I

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
This year no Nudgee player made Australian schoolboys side.

Sent from my SM-G920I
Another reason why term 3 rugby disadvantages Qld players for rep selection as it takes a tough comp to identify the best players, not 1 off trial games and previous 2015 form

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
No one gave them much of chance and quite a few said" they are not up with NC teams of past"

Well said most experts were quite dismissing!

Which of course is a very reasonable statement to make.

With just two returning forwards, zero Australian schoolboys for the first time ever (?) and coping with the graduation of Kalala Meni, Gavin Luka and Reece Hewat, Liam Mosely and Tony Hunt (among others!) Nudgee were certainly at a disadvantage entering the season.

Their coach even admitted before the season that he'd had to go back to the drawing board for a gameplan because this team was so "different" to the normal make-up of a Nudgee College First XV.

Early in the season they lost returners TJ Meni and Willie Malala and Queensland U15s loosehead Phransis Sula-Sioasi, just to make matters worse.

Every game they've played in has been decided by seven points or less so far, with the exception of BGS and ACGS. Even their winning margins against those weaker schools was not as impressive as, for example, Terrace - GT poured double the points through BGS that Nudgee did (69 pt win vs 36 pt win).

Nudgee have absolutely outperformed expectations of themselves this year, which shouldn't be a knock on the "experts".

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
No offence King don't be so sensitive :) just glad the boys have exceeded people's expectations expressed pre season! However imo the NC have not fully hit their straps by continuing to not put teams away as they should have (including BBC after losing that large lead) that's also credit also to the fighting spirit and ability of opposing teams! Ps can't compare BGS games as NC played them in pouring rain and would probably done the same!

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Another reason why term 3 rugby disadvantages Qld players for rep selection as it takes a tough comp to identify the best players, not 1 off trial games and previous 2015 form

Here's a suggestion to Australian schoolboys selectors.
Let's have Australian trial games towards end of September.
All States would have finished school competition by then.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round 8 tips 3 Sept. 2016

TSS - The Southport boys will be too strong.
NC - Premiership decider on Ross Oval. Nudgee in a close one.
GT - Both teams have injuries. Terrace by 3
IGS - Ippy will overpower BGS

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Here's a suggestion to Australian schoolboys selectors Queensland schoolboy rugby administrators. Start your competitions earlier so we can select rep players after some proper games.

September? Yeah, and New Zealand are going to put their trials and selections back to fit in with Queensland?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)

^^^^^That's right the Darkness have yet to select their team.
They are still going through their finals.
I'm sure they have them pencilled in, but are yet to finalise.
Not like the Aussie school boys.... all locked in.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Southport Vs Churchie
The Churchie supporters have given up this season. It has to be said not because of the efforts of their team. I quite like the way they go about their business on the field, (gutsy lads) but the obsession of not getting dirt on your Ralph Lauren jackets and socks as you get out of your Range Rover has to stop. It makes for narky supporters and cranky comments at the tuckshop as they look for a chicken ceaser salad instead of an honest sausage roll. As they slide out of their leather seats on Saturday they will be wishing Sam Scott Young's cheque book was still in the crowd as well as him. TSS will keep their noses in the hunt for the premiership and the Nathan Sharpe Stand will look more like a float at the Gay Mardi Gras than a rugby crowd. They will jump up and down like nutters on speed, ranting and raving for a solid 70 minutes. TSS will score a couple of tries as well.
TSS by 20

Nudgee Vs State High
Well the Nudgee supporters have come out of nowhere this week as they convince themselves they may well have reason to wear those pre-printed "2016 Premiership" T-shirts, instead of burning them along with the last couple of years' editions. State High have spent all last week looking for their forward pack after they decided to go to the Airport DFO for some new basketball shoes and some Miami Heat singlets instead of playing at Northgate last week. Apparently they were found at the Nando's at West End on Tuesday morning. This will be a cracker - both these teams have the potential to play the best schoolboy rugby in the country. I'll be there cheering on the State High Boys.
State High by 1

BBC Vs GT
After a heartbreaking loss to the farmers on Saturday, (which I did actually tip), many of the GT boys will have spent the week with old boy, Bernard Fanning smoking grass and singing old Powderfinger songs. Yeah sure it was fun but it won't have prepared them for the Brisbane equivalent of Cardiff Arms Park (if it was in a 50 year old caravan park filled with unemployed, kilt wearing Scottish numpties). It will be a great game - plenty of passion from some very good players on both teams, but the R&Ws might have run their race.
BBC by 2

IGS Vs Grammar
Ippy had the bye last week and in fact the whole school and the whole town had the week off. In fact no one has worked in Ippy for well over 7 days. Including the ground keepers. The grass will be a foot high and that will make it very hard to spot most of the Grammar backline. Grammar will be up by a try at half time after giving State High a scare last week. But the big boppers in the red & white will mow them down like some road kill on the Cunningham Highway.
IGS by 15

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Southport Vs Churchie

The Churchie supporters have given up this season. It has to be said not because of the efforts of their team. I quite like the way they go about their business on the field, (gutsy lads) but the obsession of not getting dirt on your Ralph Lauren jackets and socks as you get out of your Range Rover has to stop. It makes for narky supporters and cranky comments at the tuckshop as they look for a chicken ceaser salad instead of an honest sausage roll. As they slide out of their leather seats on Saturday they will be wishing Sam Scott Young's cheque book was still in the crowd as well as him. TSS will keep their noses in the hunt for the premiership and the Nathan Sharpe Stand will look more like a float at the Gay Mardi Gras than a rugby crowd. They will jump up and down like nutters on speed, ranting and raving for a solid 70 minutes. TSS will score a couple of tries as well.

TSS by 20

Nudgee Vs State High

Well the Nudgee supporters have come out of nowhere this week as they convince themselves they may well have reason to wear those pre-printed "2016 Premiership" T-shirts, instead of burning them along with the last couple of years' editions. State High have spent all last week looking for their forward pack after they decided to go to the Airport DFO for some new basketball shoes and some Miami Heat singlets instead of playing at Northgate last week. Apparently they were found at the Nando's at West End on Tuesday morning. This will be a cracker - both these teams have the potential to play the best schoolboy rugby in the country. I'll be there cheering on the State High Boys.

State High by 1

BBC Vs GT

After a heartbreaking loss to the farmers on Saturday, (which I did actually tip), many of the GT boys will have spent the week with old boy, Bernard Fanning smoking grass and singing old Powderfinger songs. Yeah sure it was fun but it won't have prepared them for the Brisbane equivalent of Cardiff Arms Park (if it was in a 50 year old caravan park filled with unemployed, kilt wearing Scottish numpties). It will be a great game - plenty of passion from some very good players on both teams, but the R&Ws might have run their race.

BBC by 2

IGS Vs Grammar

Ippy had the bye last week and in fact the whole school and the whole town had the week off. In fact no one has worked in Ippy for well over 7 days. Including the ground keepers. The grass will be a foot high and that will make it very hard to spot most of the Grammar backline. Grammar will be up by a try at half time after giving State High a scare last week. But the big boppers in the red & white will mow them down like some road kill on the Cunningham Highway.

IGS by 15

Not sure where you get all those one liners but very funny, The highlight of my week is your post. Its the best dribble on this forum and makes me laugh. Shows you how much I need to get a life when this is the highlight of my week

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Southport Vs Churchie the obsession of not getting dirt on your Ralph Lauren jackets and socks as you get out of your Range Rover has to stop. It makes for narky supporters and cranky comments at the tuckshop as they look for a chicken ceaser salad instead of an honest sausage roll. As they slide out of their leather seats on Saturday they will be wishing Sam Scott Young's cheque book was still in the crowd as well as him. TSS by 20

Nudgee Vs State High
Well the Nudgee supporters have come out of nowhere this week as they convince themselves they may well have reason to wear those pre-printed "2016 Premiership" T-shirts, instead of burning them along with the last couple of years' editions. State High have spent all last week looking for their forward pack after they decided to go to the Airport DFO for some new basketball shoes and some Miami Heat singlets instead of playing at Northgate last week. Apparently they were found at the Nando's at West End on Tuesday morning.

BBC Vs GT
After a heartbreaking loss to the farmers on Saturday, (which I did actually tip), many of the GT boys will have spent the week with old boy, Bernard Fanning smoking grass and singing old Powderfinger songs. Yeah sure it was fun but it won't have prepared them

IGS Vs Grammar
Ippy had the bye last week and in fact the whole school and the whole town had the week off. In fact no one has worked in Ippy for well over 7 days. Including the ground keepers. The grass will be a foot high and that will make it very hard to spot most of the Grammar backline. ]

We're back, baby!

One of your all time best WW, at the very least a top three.

One of these days I think I'll comb through the last few years and put together a "Best of WarrenWobble" post up on the front page.

I'll save my preview for when I'm back on a laptop, but my initial leans for the weekend are TSS, BSHS, IGS and GT.

Which would provide a ladder of:

1. BSHS (12 points)
2. NC (10 points)
=. GT (10 points)
=. TSS (10 points)
5. IGS (8 points)
=. BBC (8 points)
7. TGS (6 points)
8. ACGS (2 points)
9. BGS (0 points)

Heading in to Round Nine.

NC v GT will play off for a share in a premiership.

BSHS play to deny TSS a share.

The winner of IGS v BBC will potentially take out a joint third, or at the worst fifth place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
We're back, baby!

Which would provide a ladder of:

1. BSHS (12 points)
2. NC (10 points)
=. GT (10 points)
=. TSS (10 points)
5. IGS (8 points)
=. BBC (8 points)
7. TGS (6 points)
8. ACGS (2 points)
9. BGS (0 points)

The ladder is actually
Capture.PNG

I'd say this weekend we will have NC, TSS, GT and IGS pick up two points.

That puts
1. BSHS (12 Points)
= NC (12 Points)
=TSS (12 Points)
=GT (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
6. BBC (8 Points)
7. TGS (6 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

Leaving
BSHS V TSS
GT V NC
IGS V BBC
BGS V TGS
For round 9?

I'm predicting TSS, GT, BBC, TGS
which would leave the final ladder as

1. TSS (14 Points)
= GT (14 Points)
3. BSHS (12 Points)
=NC (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
= BBC (10 Points)
7. TGS (8 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Plenty of big games this weekend to watch out for especially out at Toowong:

16A’s
TSS (1) V ACGS (1) – both with only one loss (along with GT)

15A’s
BBC (2) V GT (3)– not sure what team GT will put on the field though

14A’s
BBC (3) v GT (4) – the battle for third although BBC may have eyes on 2nd next week against IGS

13A’s
GT (4) V BBC (3) v one loss each with games against unbeaten IGS (BBC) and 1 loss NC (GT) next week

11A’s

BBC (1) v GT (3) Unbeaten BBC take on one loss GT.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I
The ladder is actually
View attachment 8426

That puts
1. BSHS (12 Points)
= NC (12 Points)
=TSS (12 Points)
=GT (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
6. BBC (8 Points)
7. TGS (6 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

Leaving
BSHS V TSS
GT V NC
IGS V BBC
BGS V TGS
For round 9?

1. TSS (14 Points)
= GT (14 Points)
3. BSHS (12 Points)
=NC (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
= BBC (10 Points)
7. TGS (8 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)
I
The ladder is actually
View attachment 8426

That puts
1. BSHS (12 Points)
= NC (12 Points)
=TSS (12 Points)
=GT (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
6. BBC (8 Points)
7. TGS (6 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

Leaving
BSHS V TSS
GT V NC
IGS V BBC
BGS V TGS
For round 9?

1. TSS (14 Points)
= GT (14 Points)
3. BSHS (12 Points)
=NC (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
= BBC (10 Points)
7. TGS (8 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

I think you need to redo your math

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
The ladder is actually
View attachment 8426

That puts
1. BSHS (12 Points)
= NC (12 Points)
=TSS (12 Points)
=GT (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
6. BBC (8 Points)
7. TGS (6 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

Leaving
BSHS V TSS
GT V NC
IGS V BBC
BGS V TGS
For round 9?

1. TSS (14 Points)
= GT (14 Points)
3. BSHS (12 Points)
=NC (12 Points)
5. IGS (10 Points)
= BBC (10 Points)
7. TGS (8 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)
that doesn.t make any sense. You need to have another look at the ladder.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
The ladder is actually
View attachment 8426

That puts
1. BSHS (10 Points)
= NC (12 Points)
=TSS (10 Points)
=GT (10 Points)
5. IGS (8 Points)
6. BBC (8 Points)
7. TGS (6 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

Leaving
BSHS V TSS
GT V NC
IGS V BBC
BGS V TGS
For round 9?

1. TSS (12 Points)
= GT (12 Points)
3. BSHS (10 Points)
=NC (12 Points)
5. IGS (8 Points)
= BBC (10 Points)
7. TGS (8 Points)
8. ACGS (2 Points)
9. BGS (0 Points)

Fixed it for you - 3 way tie on 12 points -TSS, GT, NC.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The official table is wrong and has been for a few weeks now. Not sure why, or why the school's haven't bothered correcting it.

This is how the table should read following Round Seven

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 6.00.06 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.