• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)
This may be better suited to a GPS 2017 thread when it starts, but below is what I think might be the yr11 16 or 17 yr olds that played firsts this year and would assume will push for selection next year. Did I miss anyone?

GT

Harry Wilson
Hoani Ford-Stevens
Johnson Oyelodi
Byron Ralston

TGS

Harry Leerentveld

IGS

Eugene Koorts
Joseph Faulolo
Cooper Whiteside

BGS

Emile Tuimavave
Ollie Shepherd
Nick Whip
Thomas Gilbert

NC

Ethan Bullemor
Harrison Cannon
Joe Small
Pheonix Hunt
Tom Blackmore
Ryan Shepherd

ACGS

Tom Hughes
Fin Hume

BBC

Trevor Hoesa

TSS

Thomas Van Der Schyff
Campbell Parata
Dan Burns
Noah Lolesio
Tautau Kapea
Koen Dovey
Max Dowd

BSHS

Nesta Mahina
Moses Alo-Emile
Isaac Crone
Jared Chambers
Jordan Petaia

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
This may be better suited to a GPS 2017 thread when it starts, but below is what I think might be the yr11 16 or 17 yr olds that played firsts this year and would assume will push for selection next year. Did I miss anyone?

Added a few others below..

GT

Harry Wilson
Hoani Ford-Stevens
Johnson Oyelodi
Byron Ralston
.. Cam Howard

TGS

Harry Leerentveld

IGS

Eugene Koorts
Joseph Faulolo
Cooper Whiteside

BGS

Emile Tuimavave
Ollie Shepherd
Nick Whip
Thomas Gilbert
.. Will Borger

NC

Ethan Bullemor
Harrison Cannon
Joe Small
Pheonix Hunt
Tom Blackmore
Ryan Shepherd
.. Tom Jeffries (I believe doing yr12 over two years)

ACGS

Tom Hughes
Fin Hume

BBC

Trevor Hoesa

TSS

Thomas Van Der Schyff
Campbell Parata
Dan Burns
Noah Lolesio
Tautau Kapea
Koen Dovey
Max Dowd

BSHS

Nesta Mahina
Moses Alo-Emile
Isaac Crone
Jared Chambers
Jordan Petaia

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Added a few others below..

GT

Harry Wilson
Hoani Ford-Stevens
Johnson Oyelodi
Byron Ralston
.. Cam Howard

TGS

Harry Leerentveld

IGS

Eugene Koorts
Joseph Faulolo
Cooper Whiteside

BGS

Emile Tuimavave
Ollie Shepherd
Nick Whip
Thomas Gilbert
.. Will Borger

NC

Ethan Bullemor
Harrison Cannon
Joe Small
Pheonix Hunt
Tom Blackmore
Ryan Shepherd
.. Tom Jeffries (I believe doing yr12 over two years)

ACGS

Tom Hughes
Fin Hume

BBC

Trevor Hoesa

TSS

Thomas Van Der Schyff
Campbell Parata
Dan Burns
Noah Lolesio
Tautau Kapea
Koen Dovey
Max Dowd

BSHS

Nesta Mahina
Moses Alo-Emile
Isaac Crone
Jared Chambers
Jordan Petaia
I saw 2 games at BBC and was impressed with no.8 who is back next year plus a few other forwards but don't know their names. Fairly good list you got there mate. Looking forward to 2017.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone want to have a go at early contenders 1-15 for each school maybe a number of boys for different positions, just a thought at who may be in the mix, including boys from year 11 2017 that may push for a spot.

GT

Harry Wilson
Hoani Ford-Stevens
Johnson Oyelodi
Byron Ralston

TGS

Harry Leerentveld

IGS

Eugene Koorts
Joseph Faulolo
Cooper Whiteside

BGS

Emile Tuimavave
Ollie Shepherd
Nick Whip
Thomas Gilbert

NC

Ethan Bullemor
Harrison Cannon
Joe Small
Pheonix Hunt
Tom Blackmore
Ryan Shepherd

ACGS

Tom Hughes
Fin Hume

BBC

Trevor Hoesa

TSS

Thomas Van Der Schyff
Campbell Parata
Dan Burns
Noah Lolesio
Tautau Kapea
Koen Dovey
Max Dowd

BSHS

Nesta Mahina
Moses Alo-Emile
Isaac Crone
Jared Chambers
Jordan Petaia

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any idea what the ages are of these boys(on your list) Hilltop view?
I am aware Nudgee college's speedster Willie Malala is returning but is ineligible to play 1st Xv rugby in 2017 due to age.

Danny Jnr

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking at these list of boys returning I believe that you are missing about 6 boys from BBC. Also from Churchie you are missing the NO 1, 4, 5, 6, 13 who all played 4 games or more and the original NO 3 got injured and missed the whole season.

Jumping Johnny

Frank Row (1)
What on earth is the go with BBC?
For the past five years the same talk on this thread as well as around people within the GPS rugby community has been "this is the year that BBC break the premiership drought" and every single year they fall short. Don't take this as me blaming the players - far from it in fact. But if they only have 1 student (Not entirely sure about Danny Jnr's claim that the list is lacking six names) returning from this years 1st XV (where they finished equal 5th) next year looks like another long year for the boys from Toowong because of mismanagement.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
For the past five years the same talk on this thread as well as around people within the GPS rugby community has been "this is the year that BBC break the premiership drought" and every single year they fall short. Don't take this as me blaming the players - far from it in fact. But if they only have 1 student (Not entirely sure about Danny Jnr's claim that the list is lacking six names) returning from this years 1st XV (where they finished equal 5th) next year looks like another long year for the boys from Toowong because of mismanagement.

I think the claims having mostly been coming from hopeful BBC parents or old boys. I don't think most of the top teams thought that; that said they saw them as a threat who's "flame" needed some extinguishing.... And it appears this was done, so far. One day they will get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
I think the claims having mostly been coming from hopeful BBC parents or old boys. I don't think most of the top teams thought that; that said they saw them as a threat who's "flame" needed some extinguishing.. And it appears this was done, so far. One day they will get there.

lets not forget they lost by one point to BSHS and knocked back 3 penalties in front
what they need to look at is injuries. 8 - yes - eight players out for last 3 matchesincluding 2 aussie reps and 2 qld reps plus a boy already signed by rebels. something wrong there.
my nephew says 3,4,5 ,8 ,12 and 15 are all back next year.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Nudgee looking ominous for next year already PLUS who are the 2 rl boys from Wavell High that started on Monday!! HUGE

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

Love these guys who sign up just to plant what they believe is a time bomb - disgruntled parent or old boy most likely.

BBC finished as one of the top rugby schools last year and their firsts played some great rugby - there was not much hype about them last year go back and trawl the forum and concoct a new story with facts.

Jumping Johnny

Frank Row (1)
Love these guys who sign up just to plant what they believe is a time bomb - disgruntled parent or old boy most likely.

BBC finished as one of the top rugby schools last year and their firsts played some great rugby - there was not much hype about them last year go back and trawl the forum and concoct a new story with facts.

Can confirm I have absolutely 0 affiliation with BBC or any of the schools in the GPS. Merely an observation from a passionate rugby fan who simply can't understand how a school like BBC spend all of this money on scholarships and staff and still can't win a premiership. Unfortunately they don't award premiership points to schools for playing "some great rugby".

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I was going to set you straight on a few things Johnny but seeing as though you've got the White Mamba himself as your Avatar ........I just can't do it .

You are alright by me

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
And yeah .........insofar as BBC is concerned

2 x Returning Front Rowers , both of whom have played some 2

2x Returning Locks

No 8 should be back

12 and 15 should be back

That's 7 returning players

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I think the more interesting story with BBC next season will be working in a core of 15A players from this years team

I have half a dozen

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can confirm I have absolutely 0 affiliation with BBC or any of the schools in the GPS. Merely an observation from a passionate rugby fan who simply can't understand how a school like BBC spend all of this money on scholarships and staff and still can't win a premiership. Unfortunately they don't award premiership points to schools for playing "some great rugby".

Careful Jonny or you will prove that you do not know what you are talking about:
1) all schools give scholarships . Some like Nc and Tss started earlier than others;
2) you " dont spend money " on scholarships . You give fee reductions - so unless you are taking the spot of a full fee paying student - it does not cost you a cent. only 2 GPS schools are full and it is not BBC;
3) assuming the recipient pays some money ( and usually has mates that join him) you actually make money by getting a student (s) you would not otherwise have.

I have no affiliation with BBC but they came 3 rd overall on rugby results - not bad and they keep improving.. What they really need to do is work out why they have so many injuries.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
On the note of scholarships, I was throwing out some old files and found a TSS program from 2013.

11 players from their First XV last year were at the school in 2013: one in the 15As, eight in the 14As, one in the 14Bs, and one in the 13As

I think 11 home grown players in the squad is perfectly respectable. I thought the number would be closer to five.

Maybe some of us, myself included, owe an apology to TSS for spreading a boogeyman reputation for their numbers of imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.