• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I am not sold on Butler at either 7 or 8 at Super level, so I'd really be concerned if he made the Wallabies. Very much in the same mold as McCalman and Schatz in terms of impact on a game (KOB please note).

If another 7 is required at any stage, then in the absence of Gilly, I'd go with Colby Fa'ainga. Great motor and an authentic pilferer. Can also cover 8 but not so good there.

Colby is injured for another 2.

Time to release the dreads.

1431525312557.jpg

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I'd love for Colby to come in, particularly as he is a bit of a like for like with Pocock (one of the best fetchers in the game). Unfortunately he's not fit.

I just think that Butler has shown a bit more for a bit longer than Reid, and I thought he has the added size as well but upon looking they're the same weight and only 3cm apart in height.

Whoever it is, they are unlikely to see game time but I would be more than happy to see them get the experience of being in and around the squad.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I see the ABs announced their touring squad for Argentina and South Africa. Any news on when the Wallabies' squad will be announced for SA and London?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's the squad for the next two tests.

Allan Ala'alatoa (Brumbies), Rory Arnold (Brumbies), Adam Coleman (Force), Quade Cooper (Reds), Kane Douglas (Reds), Scott Fardy (Brumbies), Israel Folau (Waratahs), Bernard Foley (Waratahs), Nick Frisby (Reds), Will Genia (Stade Francais), James Hanson (Rebels), Dane Haylett-Petty (Force), Reece Hodge (Rebels), Michael Hooper (Waratahs), Sekope Kepu (Waratahs), Samu Kerevi (Reds), Tevita Kuridrani (Brumbies), Tolu Latu (Waratahs)*, Sean McMahon (Rebels), Stephen Moore © (Brumbies), Luke Morahan (Force), Dean Mumm (Waratahs), Sefanaia Naivalu (Rebels)*, Nick Phipps (Waratahs), Tom Robertson (Waratahs), Rob Simmons (Reds), Scott Sio (Brumbies), James Slipper (Reds), Henry Speight (Brumbies), Lopeti Timani (Rebels)

Ins: Nick Frisby, Tolu Latu

Outs: David Pocock, Kyle Godwin, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Will Skelton, Toby Smith, Drew Mitchell

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
TPN is being rested to manage his arm issues, Ben McCalman has been left at home to play NRC.

Allan Ala'alatoa is healthy again and rejoins the squad.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
It will be interesting to see who gets the bench hooker role now, between Chibba and Latu.

Of course, some would argue this competition should be for the starting hooker spot...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Should be Hanson. He's been knocking on the door for some time now, and we must build depth for the 2 jumper.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Something for Ledesma to work on. I have full faith on Mario to sort this out.

Reckon he has plenty to work on excluding the hooker's scrimmaging.

One thing is easily fixable and will make our scrum even more competitive. Mr Hooper needs to compete in the scrum until it is over. So many times I see the head and shoulders come up way too early.

Bring it on

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Reckon he has plenty to work on excluding the hooker's scrimmaging.

One thing is easily fixable and will make our scrum even more competitive. Mr Hooper needs to compete in the scrum until it is over. So many times I see the head and shoulders come up way too early.

Bring it on

I don't disagree, but the one time he did keep his head down in the third English test, Vunipola strolled past him from a 5m scrum,

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I was giving Hooper the benefit of the doubt.

I still think it was an impossible tackle to stop the big bloke scoring a try from 5 metres out when Hooper had to get him from the side and a standing start.
Something about the laws of physics.

Now if it was directly headon that would be a different equation altogether

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was giving Hooper the benefit of the doubt.

I still think it was an impossible tackle to stop the big bloke scoring a try from 5 metres out when Hooper had to get him from the side and a standing start.
Something about the laws of physics.

Now if it was directly headon that would be a different equation altogether

I guess in that situation the coach in me would ask, could you have worked yourself into a place to get a better tackling opportunity/angle?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Love that vid!

Hooper still needs to contribute to the scrum without that heads up bollocks. He's fast enough, so stay connected (with proper weight up the arse of the Prop) until the ball breaks. Then get the 8/9/10.

Jeez, it's a long time since I played flank, but honest, breaking fast to hit your man does not mean you stop the scrum effort.