• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 5: Vikings v Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Lots of opportunities taken sloppily for the Rising. Smaller number taken well by Vikings.

First try in the second half will play a big part in who wins. As will who blinks first with subs, Hilton has a few good uns in Toby, Toolis and Dom.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Mann-Rea in for his third rolling maul try. What would the Vikings/Brumbies do if the maul is ever taken out of the game. Conversion ok, Vikings lead 28 - 26.

Reactions: mst

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Intercept try to Johannson. Rising back in front. Conversion missed. Rising 32 - 28.

Did Johannson (who I assume is the FLYING FAT SWEDE) attempt to convert his own try, or was it Debreczini that missed?

I'm going with the latter.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
That was the right ending based on the 80 minutes.

Disappointing for the Vikings forwards though, who by and large outperformed ours bar Jordy and the reserve front row.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yes, indeed.

Happy snap:
2h5ovud.jpg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Result was pretty much as expected, the Vikings to match the Rising in the forwards but the Rising backs to outclass the Vikings backline. Pretty much as it turned out.

I cannot fathom how Robbie Coleman still makes professional or semi-professional rugby sides. He must make more poor decisions in a game than most would in two or three. He is just too small to be effective at this level, let alone at Super Rugby level. And JJH is built and plays in much the same vein. Come on Vikings and Brumbies - get the scouts out and about and bring some decent players with a bit of size about them into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.