• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just saw the highlights of the Newington boy who's apparently the next Israel Folau.

Amazed that he didn't make the AAGPS Team of the Season! He looked an incredible talent.
Pls post the highlights.

I am guessing you are talking about Tyrone.

I don't see the comparison with Falou.

I suspect if Tyrone stays in rugby his head will be in a scrum.

Don't get me wrong, he is a fine player and we'll deserving on NSW representation. But there were so many very good wings in GPS that were ahead of him for G&G glory.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)

MEET the young gun who could very well become the next Israel Folau.

His name is Tyrone Taukamo and he’s the most in demand schoolboy for any code in the country.

A graduate of acclaimed rugby school Newington College, Taukamo has attracted interest from 15 of the 16 NRL clubs and received two substantial offers in French rugby from Toulon and Bordeaux.

In fact, the money he’s been offered from the French clubs is in the six figures....

Yet, in some good news for league fans, the young centre looks set to shun the big money offers to stay in Australia and sign a deal in the NRL. Either the Rabbitohs or Raiders are set to win his signature.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
So interesting in the light of a number of threads on game expansion, development keeping players etc there goes another one.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Many Schoolboy Sensations fail to realise the hype of their player managers and other school fanboys.

Colts, Grade and NRC sorts out the wheat from the chaff.

Many ASRU Heros find an off ramp from the "Pathway to Gold" peaking at levels at or below Premier Grade Club Rugby like Shute Shield.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
I would have thought that Bailey Simmonson would be more likely candidate for 'next Israel Folau' comparison. Had more raw talent than any other back that played in GPS in 2016 and would have made high rep honours if he'd not declared his allegiance to league. IMO

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)
That above is the work of his manager knowing someone in the media and creating hype to jag the 2 year deal to get the security Tyrone seeking, but simply what he was as a 12 year old to 16 year old running over little men who by now boarding on 18 yrs old and caught up to him in height, speed and agility to evade him, along with better tackle technique to bring the big man to a standstill...... They better not show his most recent footage from Newington -V- Joeys game where he let a few tries down his side and lacked any sort of authority in attack, just saying....

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
That above is the work of his manager knowing someone in the media and creating hype to jag the 2 year deal to get the security Tyrone seeking, but simply what he was as a 12 year old to 16 year old running over little men who by now boarding on 18 yrs old and caught up to him in height, speed and agility to evade him, along with better tackle technique to bring the big man to a standstill.. They better not show his most recent footage from Newington -V- Joeys game where he let a few tries down his side and lacked any sort of authority in attack, just saying..

You see a similar thing in the kings highlights and the games at the nationals. Hopefully with a more structured defensive pattern in league his defence reads will be improved. Good luck to the young lad and he must have one heck of a manager.

Dingasden

Ward Prentice (10)

MEET the young gun who could very well become the next Israel Folau.

His name is Tyrone Taukamo and he’s the most in demand schoolboy for any code in the country.

A graduate of acclaimed rugby school Newington College, Taukamo has attracted interest from 15 of the 16 NRL clubs and received two substantial offers in French rugby from Toulon and Bordeaux.

In fact, the money he’s been offered from the French clubs is in the six figures..

Yet, in some good news for league fans, the young centre looks set to shun the big money offers to stay in Australia and sign a deal in the NRL. Either the Rabbitohs or Raiders are set to win his signature.
Nice self-publicity from his manager.
I don't think he will make it in rugby based on this years form and I'm not sure he has the mental & physical will to make it in league. Good luck to him.

S

sidelineview

Pls post the highlights.

I am guessing you are talking about Tyrone.

I don't see the comparison with Falou.

I suspect if Tyrone stays in rugby his head will be in a scrum.

Don't get me wrong, he is a fine player and we'll deserving on NSW representation. But there were so many very good wings in GPS that were ahead of him for G&G glory.

And in CAS

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nice self-publicity from his manager.
He will never make it in rugby and I'm not sure he has the mental & physical will to make it in league. Good luck to him.

I don't know about him never making it in rugby, although that may be moot given the obvious push to get him into an NRL team. I thought his form in the 2015 AAGPS season was outstanding, and very few teams were able to contain him. His support play was spot-on, and his ability to bust tackles was just brilliant. Unfortunately, I think he either received some poor advice, or made a bad decision himself, prior to the 2016 season, and bulked up significantly - this seemed to have a negative impact on his mobility and agility, and resulted in him being much less effective in both attack and defence. If he lost some of that bulk, I think he'd have every chance of returning to the damaging form he showed last year, and then going on to bigger and better things in representative rugby, but sadly we won't get the chance to see it if he goes to league.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
For his sake I hope this doesnt happen however I think he could be a player who peaks at school and doesn't achieve much post school as it is a completely different beast. Goes from being a big fish in a small pond to a very small fish in the ocean, which I'm sure would be a large shock and reality check. But as I said I'd love to see him succeed and he has potential and ability in abundance so fingers crossed

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
The Aussie Schoolboys take on the NZ Schools team this weekend and the match will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 7 from 12:45pm (AEDT) on Saturday. The Aussie team has been named as:

Lloyd Gorman, Lachlan Lonergan, Opeti Helu, Matthew Willshire, Esei Haangana, Justin Sikimeti, Luke Gersekowski, Sunia Finefeuiaki, Ryan Lonergan, Adam Doueihi, Yirrbi Jaffer-Williams, Nick Wilkinson, Hunter Paisami, William Eadie, Matthew McTaggart. Reserves: Sean Farrell, Thomas Ross, Laurence Tominiko, Rory Suttor, Fraser McReight, Joshua Vuta, Isaac Lucas, Luke Osborne.

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't know about him never making it in rugby, although that may be moot given the obvious push to get him into an NRL team. I thought his form in the 2015 AAGPS season was outstanding, and very few teams were able to contain him. His support play was spot-on, and his ability to bust tackles was just brilliant. Unfortunately, I think he either received some poor advice, or made a bad decision himself, prior to the 2016 season, and bulked up significantly - this seemed to have a negative impact on his mobility and agility, and resulted in him being much less effective in both attack and defence. If he lost some of that bulk, I think he'd have every chance of returning to the damaging form he showed last year, and then going on to bigger and better things in representative rugby, but sadly we won't get the chance to see it if he goes to league.

Try 1: 3:10 min
Try 2: 5:02 min
Try 3: 6:19 min
Try 4: 8:35 min
Try 5: 9:10 min

There is a joeys player that has involvement in every try and runs rings around Tyrone, however. this player did NOT get selected in any rep team but Tyrone selected in Barbs team, plus he playing beside with 3 x Aus schoolboy players in his own team... Mmm I know which player I would prefer to have in my team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
MODS NOTE

Might be time to leave the Tyrone baiting alone.

Enough has been said for both sides of the discussion and views are unlikely to change.

For the next few weeks, he is still a schoolboy, and probably a minor in the eyes of the law.

Remember the Schoolboy Forum Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.