• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
Regardless of some of this toungue in cheek character assassination of Tim Smith he was probably the most consistent performer for Wests over the last 4/5 years when he was on the paddock and he is going to leave a hole at Sylvan Road in terms of experience if nothing else. His game management is excellent.

He was an NRC player in 2015 and we haven't had too many of them.

Far from character assassination, and was tongue in cheek and agree with you on his form, although he never held any leadership roles, why was he let go? Wests have had 3 players make NRC since its inception and now 2 of those 3 have left, why? Wests also lost players who went on to make NRC, Sam Green and Sef Faagase, why?

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know of players who have received that sort of money in Premier Rugby. Not from the club but from a generous supporter. Do Norths have one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the end the payment is from the club, is it not?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
In the end the payment is from the club, is it not?

I think he's saying arranged by the club, but the money never actually passes through the club. As in, the club gets a benefactor to give the money directly to a player.

It's from the club in a way I guess.

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think he's saying arranged by the club, but the money never actually passes through the club. As in, the club gets a benefactor to give the money directly to a player.

It's from the club in a way I guess.

What I meant was whether the sponsor provides the funds to a club to secure players already at the club or to attract players from other clubs or the club introduces the sponsor to the players, the effect and result are the same.

BTW I congratulate any club that is able to do this as they are recognising that the game has changed. I think it is unwarranted for a club to simply dangle the 'loyalty' carrot and expect players to continue to bear a financial burden when a small gesture of help could be returned ten-fold. I am still thinking "what if' with the likes of Tyrone Lefau and Tim Smith.....and I'm hoping that we have been smart enough to retain the few decent players we have left from last years squad...

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
Bart Ritchie to wests as well as matt ika I have been told. Could be rumours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! If this is correct Norths have really dropped the ball there, could bite them on the backside big time. Would love to have them down at Yoku road, great from the doggies if this is in fact correct.

Why is this forum being used to talk up two reserve graders?

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
It is a valid point Steve raises; why were they playing reserve grade in the first place? The player exodus plot thickens, ultimately it's the opinion of the coaching staff who've won 4 games in 2 seasons and lost nearly as many players as they have games.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
That's 4 games norths haven't won in a season since who knows. Fogs has def helped at norths. I think the lads leaving isn't a loss having played against them myself when they did play prems.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Shane Arnold to Reds was confirmed when Reds finalised coaching staff for 2017 this morning.

Will Jeeps look internally to replace him?

Doubt it will be internal. Strong rumours (yet to be confirmed) around Anthony Mathison will take the reigns - back to where it all began for him. He will be teaching at Marist Ashgrove next year too, so everything seems to line up well.

Preseason is due to start pretty soon, so should expect an announcement from GPS soon.

Shungmao

Stan Wickham (3)
Doubt it will be internal. Strong rumours (yet to be confirmed) around Anthony Mathison will take the reigns - back to where it all began for him. He will be teaching at Marist Ashgrove next year too, so everything seems to line up well.

Preseason is due to start pretty soon, so should expect an announcement from GPS soon.

Your mail is 100% on about Mattho. I've also heard Chris Ryan has also enquired about the assistant role. ( rumor I think bit heard from 2 different people so who knows)

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great appointment for GPS as Matho is a quality human being.

Let's see how the Gallopers go with a coach who understands the "GPS way"!!!!

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
For a bloke who got the sack from the second worst club in Brisbane, Chris Ryan and the fans of these reserve graders from Norths get a lot of mentions on this forum or they must run a few accounts on here
IMHO GPS dont tend to look outside of their own when it comes to coaches. You only need to look at the last two outsiders and what they were able to achieve - Matt Pini and Todd Dammers.
Prediction: GPS for minor premiers/GF in 2017 (I won't full hog and give them the title)

Status
Not open for further replies.