• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Saturday 26 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
What weight is Koriobete. Wikipedia lists his height as 1.8m.

Both Naivalu and Speaight are listed at 1.86m, with weights respectively 94 and 97kg. Not sure if Henry is still 97kg after his stint with the 7s.

I've seen him listed as particularly light - though I can't remember the weight.

However, these professional heights and weights as pretty BS. I remember when Ant and Saia were listed as 5cm different.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
O'Mahony has been released back to Munster, the only way this would have happened is if CJ Stander has passed all concussion protocols.

Reactions: dru

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
O'Mahony has been released back to Munster, the only way this would have happened is if CJ Stander has passed all concussion protocols.

Seeing as Sexton and Henshaw have already been announced as the outs, I'd say his chance to play is good.

Sucks to lose your 10/12. I don't think you have any 'like-for-like' back-ups here, even if your back-ups are still good players. I expect to see a different looking Ireland.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^Jackson has been around a while and played all 3 tests against South Africa earlier in the year. Henshaw is probably the hardest player along with Murray to currently replace. Ireland has built great depth under Joe but 12 is one of the positions the back up is a big drop.

Would not mind if they choose to play Joey Carbery at 12 and really attack the Wallabies. Having a 10 each side of the ruck would cause issues to the Wallabies defensive structure. Would separate Hooper and Pocock in to 1-1 with O'Brien and Stander.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Jackson/Murray/Carbery aren't like-for-like is terms of the kind of players they are is what I'm saying.

Different skill sets.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
^^^Jackson has been around a while and played all 3 tests against South Africa earlier in the year. Henshaw is probably the hardest player along with Murray to currently replace. Ireland has built great depth under Joe but 12 is one of the positions the back up is a big drop.

Would not mind if they choose to play Joey Carbery at 12 and really attack the Wallabies. Having a 10 each side of the ruck would cause issues to the Wallabies defensive structure. Would separate Hooper and Pocock in to 1-1 with O'Brien and Stander.

Henshaw has been fantastic at 12 and whilst Marshall didn't play well against Canada at 12, he has slotted in very well there in the past. There are rumours of Olding coming straight in and he's a very talented centre. But for injuries he could be right up there. Would love to have seen Scannell from Munster start at 12 as he's been brilliant for Munster over the last year but it's probably a little too soon and he'd be coming from nowhere.

The benefit of Jackson at 10 and either Marshall or Olding at 12 is that along with Payne at 13, it's an Ulster combination which means they should be very familiar with each other.

Reactions: dru

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Henshaw has been fantastic at 12 and whilst Marshall didn't play well against Canada at 12, he has slotted in very well there in the past. There are rumours of Olding coming straight in and he's a very talented centre. But for injuries he could be right up there. Would love to have seen Scannell from Munster start at 12 as he's been brilliant for Munster over the last year but it's probably a little too soon and he'd be coming from nowhere.

The benefit of Jackson at 10 and either Marshall or Olding at 12 is that along with Payne at 13, it's an Ulster combination which means they should be very familiar with each other.

According to a very large number of people on this forum previous combinations don't count for anything in International rugby.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Dean Mumm starting again, Ireland by 20 and Sean O'Brien MOTM

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wallabies to face Ireland

1. Scott Sio (28 Tests)

2. Stephen Moore (c) (115 Tests)

3. Sekope Kepu (75 Tests)

4. Rory Arnold (8 Tests)

5. Rob Simmons (69 Tests)

6. Dean Mumm (55 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (63 Tests)

8. David Pocock (64 Tests)

9. Will Genia (74 Tests)

10. Bernard Foley (40 Tests)

11. Henry Speight (9 Tests)

12. Reece Hodge (8 Tests)

13. Tevita Kuridrani (43 Tests)

14. Dane Haylett-Petty (12 Tests)

15. Israel Folau (50 Tests)

Reserves (one to be omitted)

Tolu Latu (2 Tests)

James Slipper (84 Tests)

Allan Ala'alatoa (8 Tests)

Kane Douglas (29 Tests)

Lopeti Timani (5 Tests)

Sean McMahon (13 Tests)

Nick Phipps (51 Tests)

Quade Cooper (65 Tests)

Sefanaia Naivalu (4 Tests)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Douglas.

Douglas should be 24th man.

And yet he won't be, partly because Timani is not a lock is their eyes and partly because even if he was he isn't a primary jumper.

The 24th man will be either Timani, McMahon, or Naivalu if Chieks decides to go with a 6-2 bench.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Not totally surprising with Mumm although would prefer Timani.

Had hoped Morahan would have gotten a start on the wing or on the bench but obviously they have high hopes in Speight so I hope he returns the favour. Hopefully he takes some inspiration from the French wingers last week.

Haven't seen the Irish team to see who they have bought in to replace Sexton et al.

Tip Wallabies by 1 point, keep our tight run going.

Edit: just saw the Irish side; they selected Earls who seems like a bit of a fiery red nut; also garces sent him off last month

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Irish have a very strong lineout. Thats why Mumm is there but I thought Fardy showed enough in that regard last week to get the nudge if he wanted a taller 6.
Got to have Timani on the bench to counter the rolling maul late in the piece and to carry the ball in traffic.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ireland: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Andrew Trimble, 13 Jared Payne, 12 Garry Ringrose, 11 Keith Earls, 10 Paddy Jackson, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 Sean O’Brien, 6 CJ Stander, 5 Devin Toner, 4 Iain Henderson, 3 Tadhg Furlong, 2 Rory Best, 1 Jack McGrath. Replacements: 16 Sean Cronin, 17 Cian Healy, 18 Finlay Bealham, 19 Ultan Dillane, 20 Josh van der Flier, 21 Kieran Marmion, 22 Joey Carbery, 23 Simon Zebo

100th for Best.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Whilst I am surprised about the Mumm selection I'm also not surprised by it. Mumm for set piece early, Timani for impact late. But like everyone else here I'm only having a guess, we don't know the reason.

I reckon we will go for a 6:2 split again, Naivalu to miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.