• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Saturday 26 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
I dont think we should drop him, but a winger is probably where he should be at the moment, he can't kick, and can't pass, but he breaks tackles and takes high balls, probably the best in our team.. tell him to stand out wide and be the end of the line..

True. Meant to say drop him from the no 15 position at least

Anyways good match. Was super proud of our boys for that fight back. Thought we played alright except for some brain snaps by a few players

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I don't give a fuck:

1 Sio
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Simmons
5 Arnold
6 Dempsey
7 Pocock
8 Timani
9 Genia (no box kicks allowed)
10 Foley
11 Folau
12 Hodge
13 Kuridrani
14 Naivalu
15 "Danger" Haylett Petty

16 Robertson
17 Latu
18 AAA
19 Douglas
20 Hooper
21 Phipps
22 Cooper
23 Morahan

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
I would drop Folau. Last week against the French showed we don't need him. This week he fucks up the easiest try. But we all know that will never happen

Kuridrani's fault for not passing at the death against Scotland! No one wants to pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Whilst I would choose a few others as well as a couple of positional changes I think your statement is well off the mark.

However the one thing I do agree with in your post is the Timani dropping is just crazy.

No I think he's pretty close to the mark. Would think Moore, Hooper, Pocock & Genia are world class. The rest would be lucky to make top 7 National teams. That said plenty of younger talent, however nothing that says "yes we have the cattle to win games hard games".

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Have only seen the highlights.

Really, the only thing to say there is Garces has no fucking idea at scrum time - classic whip-wheel by Ireland is somehow a penalty against us.

He and Poite are fucking hopeless, and yet they're apparently the best France have.

I'd back AFG against either of them.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mumm is a joke, he is horrorid And lazy forward.

Hooper, man he has ticker and heart. He was every where again, absolutely on everything and more than 4 times when Ireland were building up phases. Hopper is so fit
Wallabies best player again.

Pocock, wallabeis would loss with out him as well. Works so hard in defence,
Hooper and Pocock work way to hard and deserve a pay rise.
Pocock will be missed.

Back like........meh

Rip 'em a new one

Bob McCowan (2)
Well... We fucked that up, didn't we! :mad:

Still, showed some really good fight in that and with a different bounce of the ball, a few passed or held balls and interpretations from the ref, we would and should have had it in a canter. Our decision making in the back line continues to evolve, I just wish it would evolve faster... Hodge and Folau butchered a few. Genia kicking it away with 3 left on the clock. Speight doing his inside-out chicken dance in defense...

I thought our forwards performed well in the face of a stern test during the opening 30 mins. So many times in the past we would have folded, but to their credit, there was an awful lot of hard physical work being done in tight. I thought both Simmons and Mumm were particularly effective in this period and were key along with Arnold to limiting the damage - especially while our breakdown efforts were getting whistled off the park. The yellow obviously takes points off Mumm, but I think any honest and objective viewing of his performance has to give him some credit. Will be interesting to see the stats when they're released. Would Fardy have gone better? Maybe, but fucking Garces sure didn't need another penalty target in the breakdown area...

Our defensive system is really giving me the shits. We routinely give away 20m out wide for free and seem to be constantly scrambling

Totally agree with this. Still not sure though what's causing it though. Is it by design? Are we prepared to be short of numbers on the edges in return for being so hard on the ball in the middle? Or is Speight not reading the pattern properly and forever spending his life turning to chase back to the corner?

While the grand slam may be lost, even though it should still be well alive, I'm still quite up beat for where we're at. The fact that we could give away that much possession and come back to lead after being so far down, I think, is testament to the belief and improving skill set being brought into the wider squad.

Lot's left to fix, but still lots to like and for mine, a clear and pleasing upwards trajectory.

Can't wait for next week! Go the Wallabies!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I think it's fairly legit to point out that the Irish back line has been decimated by injuries.

Considering the amount of players they lost coming into the game is a tough break for them.

But you know what who cares. It is what it is, let sleeping dogs lie.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Mate you need to stop the language; it's not acceptable.

Swearing is one of the main joys of life. I love a bit of carry on. Didn't know it was a problem though - it's a mature discussion forum and it's pretty rife around these parts. Every time someone says fluffybunny that's not actually what they've typed believe it or not.

Regardless I'll tone it down if the mods so desire.

If swearings outlawed we'll certainly have to get more creative with the way in which we discuss Dean Mumm.

Edit: I simply cannot type coherently on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.