• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Saturday 3 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Even a win here probably puts this year as a fail but pushes the EOYT to a pass.

We haven't won any games that we weren't expected to while we have lost games at home that we should have won.

A win in this game would be the only upset we've caused all year.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Even a win here probably puts this year as a fail but pushes the EOYT to a pass.

I reckon it puts the year as a fail, EOYT as a success.

Even if it's a tight loss, I could argue even then the EOYT was a pass but that's a hypothetical argument for another day (Sunday I suppose).

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I reckon it puts the year as a fail, EOYT as a success.

Even if it's a tight loss, I could argue even then the EOYT was a pass but that's a hypothetical argument for another day (Sunday I suppose).
\
There are 4 big games on the Tour

I think most of us thought we would win the first 3 and the fourth game would be an each way bet (but with England probably being favourites).

To me, losing to Ireland was a huge disappointment.
A loss to England would clearly make the tour a fail.
Cheks record ATM is 6 from 14 - had for even the most ardent Chek followers to give that a pass - surely.
IF we lose to England then we go down to a 6 from 15 and that is more than a fail.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Interesting item on ABC radio news at 11 am (Qld), of an interview with Michael Cheika, accusing Eddie Jones of being disrespectful to the Wallabies and to his birth-country, (which gave him his coaching skills)!
It's going to be an interesting 4-5 days!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
If England wins this test, that will give them 14 straight.
Is it too soon to ask in what order they play their next five tests, and how realistic it is to suggest that they might beat the All Blacks record of 18 consecutive wins?!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is it too soon to ask in what order they play their next five tests, and how realistic it is to suggest that they might beat the All Blacks record of 18 consecutive wins?!

France, Wales, Italy, Scotland, Ireland is the order of their Six Nations tests.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
France at home
Wales Away
Italy away
Scotland Home
Ireland away

That looks like two 3 and 1 teams going into the final round to me, hoping that Italy pulls off an upset against a 4 and 0 Scotland :p

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)

I want this to happen less than anything in the entire world.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm hopeful of a win this week BUT if we do lose to the Dodgers I would love them (the Poms) to break the Kiwi record.

That way, I'd start buying fucking Kiwi fruit again

"Kiwifruit" is effectively a trade name. As kids we knew it as the Chinese Gooseberry. Strangely enough it comes from China.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
\
There are 4 big games on the Tour

I think most of us thought we would win the first 3 and the fourth game would be an each way bet (but with England probably being favourites).

To me, losing to Ireland was a huge disappointment.
A loss to England would clearly make the tour a fail.
Cheks record ATM is 6 from 14 - had for even the most ardent Chek followers to give that a pass - surely.
IF we lose to England then we go down to a 6 from 15 and that is more than a fail.

Only because the expectations are too high.
Currently
There is little depth in aust rugby.

There are very few world class players.

The quality overall is not there.

ARU has little money, can't afford all the assistant coaches, especially of quality, that other unions have.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Only because the expectations are too high.
Currently
There is little depth in aust rugby.

There are very few world class players.

The quality overall is not there.

ARU has little money, can't afford all the assistant coaches, especially of quality, that other unions have.

So if we lower expectations to say being 8th in the world any result above that says it all dandy and we are truly champions

Fuck, now I feel better:)

Status
Not open for further replies.