• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

November Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Actually wondered about the 'shackles off' theory myself WF, because they Welsh team in NZ certainly played with a fair amount of freedom it seemed.
Have to say I thought the hardest tests the ABs played this year were 2 against Irish, the first one against Welsh ( 2nd not far behind), and French (where I thought they looked tired).
Welsh test match players have been coached to play with the handbrake slightly on for some time. We have & always will have a huge mental block when facing the Blacks & Australia. SA not quite so much as I think we've always thought if we could match them physically we could win. Problem there was we were physically not a match for many years.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
He got seven weeks.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/pieretto-handed-seven-week-stamping-ban/

Seems lenient even if Marler was holding him back, you just can't go doing that kinda shit I thought WR (World Rugby) were gonna take a hard line on players' heads being attacked?
Seems to be a issue with the regulations. Top end carries 12+ weeks for kicking or kneeing but only 9+ for stamping.

No idea why they should be different. And the weeks off for mitigation has always been ridiculous

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If the Argie player had've been able to see out of his arse he may've been able to place his foot to avoid the cheating Pommy prick's head. As he was falling backwards with someone holding his foot, unexpectedly, I can totally understand he didn't know where his foot was going to end up.

On balance, it was good to see the ref card the cheating Pommy.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
He 110% knew exactly what he was doing, gave him the benefit of the doubt until that last angle.

He's extremely lucky to have less than 3 or 4 months sitting in the stands IMO.

Marler is a twat, and deserved the yellow, but punishment is the domain of the ref, not the players.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He 110% knew exactly what he was doing, gave him the benefit of the doubt until that last angle.

He's extremely lucky to have less than 3 or 4 months sitting in the stands IMO.

Marler is a twat, and deserved the yellow, but punishment is the domain of the ref, not the players.

Just taking the ref out of the game.:rolleyes:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You'd think mainly all SH players who have otherwise finished their club/Super/Test commitments. NH players will probably be all still tied up in their respective competitions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.