• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WINNERS: 2016 GAGR Forum Awards

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Seriously, tho, I'd have given it to Highlander or one of the Kevins who keep us up to speed with what's going on in the non-Australasian parts of the rugby world but I'm right chuffed to receive it.

Kiwi'shad to win a award on the trolls would go mad, well done mate.

PS I don't qualify for best overseas poster. Not sure about the other Kevins.

I'll self award myself best Avatar and signature combo ;)

Awesome work all award winners, now the pressure is on to go back to back in 2017.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thanks for the trophy guyz.

It arrived here on the Pitcairns today.

hqdefault.jpg

Weird design but I really like it! It7s so easy to grab onto!

Lucky it didn’t shatter when you delivered it though. How high was that cargo plane you dropped it out of anyway? Lucky the trophy didn’t hit me right on the damn head! Only missed me by a few metres! Amazing really…

Anyway, here is a full transcript of my award acceptance speech that i typed out in full all by myself:

I proudly accept this prestigious award as GAGR 2016 Grass Roots Member Of The Year.”

--D.Pilock.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 stinking votes. So much for Gunston and Gunston Poll Fixing Services.

I think Gene and Trev may have too busy fixing Poles in the remaining Kings Cross Erotic dancing clubs to do what they were engaged to do in the annual GAGR Awards Polls.

Yet another multi-thousand dollar Visa card transaction with Gunston World Enterprises that has come to disappoint.

Others would do well to avoid any interwebs Visa card purchases from this mob of Pitcairn Pirates.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Local Man Leaves Town For A Couple Of Days

--Wollongong Times—

A local man has left town for a couple of days. The local man, a Mr Trevor Gunston, has said he was “just going to leave town for a couple of days.”

fune8.jpg

“No refunds Jarse, GET THE F**K OUT OF THE WAY YA FAT C**T.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Having just praised youse all for your voting, I now have to take that all back because you managed to come up with a split vote on

GRASS ROOTS POSTER OF THE YEAR.

It wouldn't be a GAGR forum awards if LEE GRANT didn't win something though and so he gets to share this year's honours with YOURMATESAM.

Well done both, especially anyone who can outpoll LG.

Hon mention THE KING, who was only off the pace by one vote.

Thanks all, pretty fucking chuffed to be mentioned in the same vein as the great Lee Grant.

This is going straight to the pool room.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
What happened to Hugh Jarse? He hasn't even logged in since that last post 3 stories up.

Maybe he's still at the beach but daftly hasn't realised that summer has ended.

that8.jpg

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
G&GR have sent out a virtual search party, can't find him. When the SS starts I might drop in to an Easts match and make enquiries.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
H.Jarse located. Over at "The Roar" (whatever the fuck that is).

Personally I think such a Valued Contributing Member merits a delegation being dispatched there for High Level Talks or some other David Copperfield crap. Maybe a Navy Seals team to extract the package. Or some of those Reds commies to biff some fragrantly hammer & sickled cyrillic in his face.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
H.Jarse located. Over at "The Roar" (whatever the fuck that is).

Personally I think such a Valued Contributing Member merits a delegation being dispatched there for High Level Talks or some other David Copperfield crap. Maybe a Navy Seals team to extract the package. Or some of those Reds commies to biff some fragrantly hammer & sickled cyrillic in his face.

Our "wet work" budget is not what it was, but we're hoping Gunston Interweb Takeback Squad (GITS) might do it for some Cloudspace?