• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^ Anyone know what Walks has been doing since his retirement? Is he likely to be anywhere near fit?

One of the biggest and best boots in the game when at his top, as well as being a very elusive runner.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hoping for a bit of this again, but probably at about half the pace..

Walker.gif

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
So with Latham at the Reds, Larkham & Walker at the Brums & Tuqiri at the Waratahs, I wonder who the Rebels & Force will pick.

For the Rebels I was thinking perhaps Mark Gerrard, Julian Huxley or Stirling Mortlock even (but I bet we'll end up with somebody like Adam Freier!) and no idea for the Force.

And will the overseas teams have an oldtimer as well?

Gregan for Toulon? McCaw for Crusaders?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Please don't make it into a farce.

The other sides can provide all the old star power they want.

If we're getting a ring in, I'd much prefer grabbing one of the Sevens boys that are in Sydney the week before.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Not offended at all by the picking of some classic players. In a launch year for an event like this you need big names to create a bit of hype. the ticket sales have unfortunately been slow judging by a couple of ticketek samples i took, where all of the tickets available are still in tier 1.

It may be a disappointment to hardcore fans but news that latham/larkham will play (5 minutes probably) gets the event out there and makes news outlets give it a bit of time.

Anyway, if they get desperate they can just roll out campese and get him to talk shit for 5 minutes, that'll sell the rest of the tix

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I'm going.

Not going to bang on about cheapening the event by including some promotional names, just going to put my money where my mouth is.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone else think it's a bit disappointing they aren't offering large sections of the stadium as general admission (choose any seat in your section type thing)?

It seems to work better at these types of events in my opinion, allowing larger groups of friends to sit together. I thought it worked very well at the Gold Coast 7s and i'm guessing we'll be looking at a similar atmosphere for this event.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have tickets in the Heineken Hill, take two, cost a bit more but I'll get a great bucket hat.

I thought a GA seating would be good, if there are empty seats I'll be looking to migrate closer to the halfway line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.