• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wellngton 7's: 28 & 29 January

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
McDermott is a nippy little halfback from the Sunshine Coast who has the chance to showcase is playmaking abilities as a back up for Stannard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A replacement for Stannard would be handy. And I am a great fan, he has been a wonderful performer over the years. Not only that, he played for the mighty Woods at one stage.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
A replacement for Stannard would be handy. And I am a great fan, he has been a wonderful performer over the years. Not only that, he played for the mighty Woods at one stage.

I think Josh Coward is that replacement, he's coming along decently well. I believe he's unavailable for Wellington.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Oops- I wrote a post in the general thread; so I will quote myself:

^^^^^^^^
Yeah well done Dylan - when Lindommer finds out about the Wagga connection he'll be all over it.

Seriously, it's great effort from Dylan who was at school in 2016.

He didn't make the main Aussie Schools' team last year as a backrower, perhaps because he's not a bruising tackler or runner in close quarters. But he's a smooth operator and you often notice all of a sudden that a lot of opponents are chasing him.

Congrats also to scrumhalf Tate McDermott who is in his U19 year as well.

But the reason why these debutants in World Sevens are playing is concerning—many stalwarts are injured.

It is not a good look for the Wellington/Sydney segment of the tournament.

Details of the injuries - and the team selected - are here.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Official launch at Weta Workshops with LOTR & Hobbit props etc featuring:

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

http://www.worldrugby.org/sevens-series/news/216685

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Partly cloudy in Wellywood today, expected high of 21C & not much wind, 18-20kph which is barely noticeable to your average Wellywooder. No rain forecast but maybe some showers & a bit breezy tomorrow.

Wales v Russia to get things underway, Australia v Fiji at 09:46 AEDT, talk about a sink or swim baptism for some of your guys esp with SA in the Pool as well.........

EDIT: NZ v Samoa at 11:41 could be interesting: SGT's first time coaching against us, I'm sure he's got a point to prove esp with his replacement (who doesn't actually take over until 1 June) floating pretty much the same ideas as Titch but apparently getting listened to a bit more (that said, the Rio failure on top of two below-average World Series by NZ standards may have something to do with that).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lutumailagi scores, Kolinisau converts, 12-all. Seems the Fiji players are wearing wrong numbers so first try was to Lutumailagi, not Viriviri.

Kolinisau scores & converts, Fiji 19-12 & Straya look,to be tiring rather quickly, starting to fall off some tackles & generally inaccurate.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
We were so run off our feet it wasn't funny by the end. Friend needs to use the bench a lot earlier. On another note, thanks for your service stannard but it's well and truly time to move on and can someone move Hutchinson back out wide.

Mustafa

Chris McKivat (8)
We were so run off our feet it wasn't funny by the end. Friend needs to use the bench a lot earlier. On another note, thanks for your service stannard but it's well and truly time to move on and can someone move Hutchinson back out wide.

The ball never gets out wide enough. Meyers makes too many mistakes and can't tackle. Stannard and some others should be moved on. Disappointing as I didn't think Fiji were that flash. But mistakes from us and we seem to hog the ball too much instead of throwing it around quickly. A bit of mongrel out there would be good to see against these teams in their faces a bit etc

Status
Not open for further replies.