• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RIP Dan Vickerman

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Another Rugby great passes away far too young, leaves behind a wife and 2 children :(

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That was my first reaction too. No suspicious circumstances and seemingly young and healthy. So. Damn. Sad.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whoa! There's a info at the bottom of the page for lifelind and beyondblue. Is that suggesting what I really hope it's not suggesting?

Sadly, it almost always means exactly what it suggests.

Condolences to the family & hopefully all media take Pando's "just the facts" lead & don't try to sensationalise the circumstances.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I can confirm that what it suggests is indeed what happened.

Very very sad. My thoughts are with his family.

Tigger

Peter Burge (5)
Geez....RIP Vicks....always brought the pain when he played. An awesome lock for Australia/Waratahs/Brumbies cut down by injury. Thoughts are with his wife and young kids.....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is really shocking news. Such a wonderful rugby player and so well respected.

Simply terrible for his family and friends. So sad to think he was struggling so bad that this way out was considered.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I can confirm that what it suggests is indeed what happened.

Very very sad. My thoughts are with his family.

So very sad....terrible to hear such a high profile and well loved past international player has passed away so young and sounds like in very tragic circumstances....Yes thoughts are with his young family as tough time for them.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Sadly, it almost always means exactly what it suggests.

Condolences to the family & hopefully all media take Pando's "just the facts" lead & don't try to sensationalise the circumstances.

To find yourself in such a space that that it's the only option you can see as a means of resolution must be frightening. If that is the circumstances of his passing. I've dealt with issues with depression and anxiety since my early teens but have fortunately never found myself in that headspace. So sad. I'm actually a little upset over this news. Devastated for his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.