• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
He and Lagi were no shows, apparently. I heard if they play rugby this year, they were going to Wests..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they have been at wests training.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Why is there an if? Surely Setu must be close to going to Europe.

If you get a Super Rugby cap someone overseas will want you.
Maybe the European clubs watch the games he played. He's a good club player but not up to Super standard. Could make some coin in Italy or second div in France. Japan would actually suit him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks Girt
I've put a call out the quorum to see what interest there is. I understand there is a view of the game from the Restaurant's Beer garden. Will have to keep the Tahs pale Blue under wraps tho.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thanks Girt
I've put a call out the quorum to see what interest there is. I understand there is a view of the game from the Restaurant's Beer garden. Will have to keep the Tahs pale Blue under wraps tho.

There is usually a lunch on the Brothers vs Uni day. As Girt said, a strong crowd usually turns up for Premier grade @ 3.20pm. Have a beer and steak burger up at the can bar or in the restaurant, both good views. Wear your tahs kit if you don't mind the odd banter, but no uni colours please.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone have the game times for Premier championships being played at Brothers on Saturday 25 Feb?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Went to the "Pitch & Fork" - I.e. The cafe at Sylvan Rd today - it was very nice - I highly recommend.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Good crowd down at Easts for Toulon, even had Channel 10 doing the live weather cross from there. James O'Connor was very popular with the supporters.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
See new turf has been laid at Tigerland, plus new clubhouse signage. Looks good!

Yes the turf on the main field looks great, everyone was commenting on how nice it is. Hopefully they have fixed up the drainage in the far corner near the can bar - that has turned into mud in the past. We'll see how it holds up once they start having tons of games on it every weekend.

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
Heard Wests got belted by QLD U/20's last weekend - 7 tries to 1 and that Norths were much more competitive against QLD U/20's yesterday.

Anyone see these matches and how did it end up for Norths?

Are Norths on the rise and Wests headed for bottom again or....?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I just hope that this trial form isn't indicative of the season ahead.

I am hopeful that we will see a fair bit of Matanta but he won't be able to do it alone.

Does anyone know the make up of this trial side? I don't think it was a full Premier Grade squad selection side.

Shungmao

Stan Wickham (3)
Heard Wests got belted by QLD U/20's last weekend - 7 tries to 1 and that Norths were much more competitive against QLD U/20's yesterday.

Anyone see these matches and how did it end up for Norths?

Are Norths on the rise and Wests headed for bottom again or..?
Was there watching my mates son in Qld 20's, Norths were pretty competitive, they had a big squad of players there(looked close to 45 players) but the Q20's also ran 2 squads.

The first 20's squad won comfortably , probably high thirties to Nil and the second game where both teams had there better players on show was a close affair, probably 10 points in it.

Norths clearly ran out of gas and lacked any combinations while the 20's had good structure ( so they should considering their tournament starts next sat) and owned line outs but surprisingly struggled in the scrums. It was nice to see the Brad Thorn influence coming through, big locks and strong boys not afraid of contact. They will go well next week.

As for predictions, well trails are just that, trials. I wouldn't read too much into it. Norths clearly lacked combinations and match fitness, while the 20's were rugby ready. This would be no different to Wests last week.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I wouldn't read anything into trial matches. It is far to say that know one gets to play their top side in any trial game for maybe longer than 20 minutes. If trial form related to competition form then the western force would win the super rugby.

In regards to the u/20s trial games. I was in attendance at both the Wests and norths trials as my boy will hopefully find himself with a bench role in the side (fingers crossed). Both sides just lacked match fitness (which is to be expected in first game of the year) and coming up against a 20s outfit that trains virtually full time. Both norths and Wests got slaughtered in the 1stvgame of the day and the premier games were a much closer affair. Wests going down 4 tries to 1 and Norths 3 tries to 2. Reds 20s lineout defence was brilliant however lack any real punch to see them become a threat in the 20s comp, I hope I'm proven wrong.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I wouldn't read anything into trial matches. It is far to say that know one gets to play their top side in any trial game for maybe longer than 20 minutes. If trial form related to competition form then the western force would win the super rugby.

In regards to the u/20s trial games. I was in attendance at both the Wests and norths trials as my boy will hopefully find himself with a bench role in the side (fingers crossed). Both sides just lacked match fitness (which is to be expected in first game of the year) and coming up against a 20s outfit that trains virtually full time. Both norths and Wests got slaughtered in the 1stvgame of the day and the premier games were a much closer affair. Wests going down 4 tries to 1 and Norths 3 tries to 2. Reds 20s lineout defence was brilliant however lack any real punch to see them become a threat in the 20s comp, I hope I'm proven wrong.
Good luck to the young lad. Do you know when they will cut the numbers in the u20 squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.