• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders trial - Thursday 16 February 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tahs will dominate all our little cousins across the ditch

Yeah. Like our top team dominated the Highlanders in the first 30 minutes of the trial so they had to bring on their reserves. Right!

Right now I wouldn't guarantee that our first team would dominate their under-20's. Fortunately we don't play a Kiwi team till round 6 so we've got five weeks to get our house in order.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Right now I wouldn't guarantee that our first team would dominate their under-20's.

The question is: Can the Wallabies beat all the NZ franchises? At least 4 of 5 Kiwis franchises have a chance against them IMO

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
As well known, a Waratahs contract gives a big start to being a Wallaby. So the question is can the Tahs beat he NZ franchises ?:)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well, the results of the team reflects our disgruntlementness ( That is a word commonly used in the hills behind Nambour):)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Since Cheika became the coach of the Wallabies, 18 players have made their debut.

That includes 4 Rebels, 4 Reds, 4 Force, 3 Brumbies and 3 Tahs.*

*Godwin was counted as a Force player and Houston as a Reds player.

Wait, what. That can't right. But, but, but.........evil NSW and all. Don't come in here and present us with facts.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^
You must be a sad sad person without humour:(:(

I'll leave it at that otherwise the Mods may chastise me for saying what I really think !

No doubt we shall cross paths down the track:)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Match: Waratahs v Force @ Allianz Stadium, Sydney
Date: Saturday 25 February 2017
Kick-Off: 19:45 local
Referee: Ben O'Keeffe
AR1: Angus Gardner
AR2: Will Houston
TMO: Ian Smith

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Forget facts, this is the Trump era, the days of the alternative truth!
Bloody facts, you're so 2016!!!

I think we have to be careful about how we use the term 'alternate facts', lest it lose its power.

The Trump administration literally makes things up, that's very different to someone's confirmation bias playing out, even in a rugby fandom context.

T

TOCC

Well no, without the Reds contract, he couldn't be picked

Semantics... but he was picked on his form for Bath, not the Reds.

Technically his contract at the Reds didn't start until November 2017, hence why he was allowed to return to play for Bath Rugby between Sep-Nov.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Anyone got a full list of names that go with the numbers? I'm struggling a bit to come up with the three Brumbies let alone those from other franchises. Would it be AA, Rory Arnold and Joe Powell? If Powell, that's a bit of a fudge, and would at least invite the inclusion of the likes of Kellaway, Koribete, Dempsey et al.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Semantics. but he was picked on his form for Bath, not the Reds.

Technically his contract at the Reds didn't start until November 2017, hence why he was allowed to return to play for Bath Rugby between Sep-Nov.

He was trying to prove that signing his the Tahs does not equal Wallaby selection, so you're both right.

T

TOCC

Right I didn't realise that was the pretence of the discussion, wouldn't that make Godwin a Brumby then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wouldn't that Godwin a Brumby then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, because his contract was with the Force when capped.

Whereas Houston's contract (for the sake of being able to play Test football), was with the Reds when capped.

Are you so proud that you can't accept a "you're both right"?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyone got a full list of names that go with the numbers? I'm struggling a bit to come up with the three Brumbies let alone those from other franchises. Would it be AA, Rory Arnold and Joe Powell? If Powell, that's a bit of a fudge, and would at least invite the inclusion of the likes of Kellaway, Koribete, Dempsey et al.
The 18 debutants under Cheika are:

Force - DHP, Coleman, Faulkner, Godwin
Rebels - Smith, Naivalu, McMahon, Hodge, Timani
Reds - Kerevi, Frisby, Houston
Brumbies - Speight, Ala'alatoa, Arnold
Tahs - Naiyaravoro, Robertson, Latu

My original count was wrong. It's actually 5 Rebels and only 3 Reds (including Houston)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.