• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

$7.4 million, still unsure of the finances behind this development, but no doubting it looks amazing and easily the best clubhouse in the QPR and potentially the country now.
hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-5-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-4-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-11-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-3-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-6-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-7-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-9-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclub-construction-2-lowres-jpg.jpg

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Really? Mason got dropped a few weeks ago. he is talented but I have not seen much at NRC and even QPR level for that matter. Playing him at Super Rugby on what I've seen will be a big risk. He needs 2-3 years of development IMO to develop & harness the full range of skills to a 10 needs.

McIntyre is a known quantity, albeit not much. He has 1 year left on his contract. Realistically if QC (Quade Cooper) goes down, any slim chance of a successful season is going with it. They have invested so much in Jake they are not going to cut their losses now. They will most likely ride the contract and not renew.

Unless there is an experienced, journeyman 10 out there, that if signed as cover, could keep the wins rolling whilst QC (Quade Cooper) was injured, there is no point signing anyone else. But because much of the Reds success will sit on QC (Quade Cooper)'s shoulders, no one is going to fill this void.

get Brock James
Mason is a child and needs 5 years in the grades

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
There are more Padua 1st XV players that have come. Their names escape me but they are forwards.

Tupou, Talakai and Tui aren't included for obvious reasons. They'll be spending most on their time at the Reds. UQ picked anyone up?

whats so good about Padua? got touched up by Sunny Coast Grammar I believe

Homer Dog

Bob McCowan (2)
$7.4 million, still unsure of the finances behind this development, but no doubting it looks amazing and easily the best clubhouse in the QPR and potentially the country now.
hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-5-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-4-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-11-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-3-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-6-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-7-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-9-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclub-construction-2-lowres-jpg.jpg
Mate your $ aren't correct and the financial case is very sound, got to love how people who aren't involved love to appear as the expert

T

TOCC

Mate your $ aren't correct and the financial case is very sound, got to love how people who aren't involved love to appear as the expert

Thanks for your input Homer, perhaps you what to elaborate further then, what is the true cost of the project, how was it funded, how do they intend to cover the costs?

As for the figure I quoted, well that's the amount that the builder, Hutchinsons valued the project at.

Homer Dog

Bob McCowan (2)
Thanks for your input Homer, perhaps you what to elaborate further then, what is the true cost of the project, how was it funded, how do they intend to cover the costs?

As for the figure I quoted, well that's the amount that the builder, Hutchinsons valued the project at.
Hutchie's $ are a bare build price and don't include fit out, the new oval etc

T

TOCC

Hutchie's $ are a bare build price and don't include fit out, the new oval etc

Right, so the clubhouse cost $7.4million not including fit out and the oval?
So the overall project cost much more then?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
TOCC does it matter that much? (It's probably private info) that really doesn't concern most of us. Just be happy for Wests that they have such a good facility.

If it makes money or not is a matter for the future. Either way the facility will still be there for all to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

TOCC does it matter that much? (It's probably private info) that really doesn't concern most of us. Just be happy for Wests that they have such a good facility.

If it makes money or not is a matter for the future. Either way the facility will still be there for all to enjoy.

Hang on, all I said I was 'unsure' of the finances of this project, and Homer made a patronising comment about me thinking I'm an expert.

I'm genuinely intrigued about this project, is that so wrong? There is no other Rugby club in Brisbane or Sydney doing what Wests have seemingly been able to do, if it works for West's then there's a chance it could work elsewhere.

If Homer didn't like the figure that I quoted form Hutchinsons, then he could have said so politely, he said he had the facts and I asked him to contribute more... Yeah I've had a shit day, so I've bit more then I should have.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm with TOCC here both in how Homer confronted him and in interest for the financial model.

I think we're both very impressed with the facility. Unfortunately rugby in Oz doesn't have a great record in making our facilities sustainable (Ballymore, Concord, TJ Milner).

If Wests make this work it would be quite groundbreaking, in this code at least.

And that makes it interesting. That's why I'd like to know more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.