• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 2017 Waratahs v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Date: Saturday 25 February
Time: 19:45 local
Venue: Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tahs by 2.

I don't know how the Force will structure their 23 but I do that I really rate Lance, DHP, Morahan, Meakes, Peni, Rona, Ruru, TPN, RHP, Cowan, Hodgson, McCalman and A. Coleman as more than capable Super Rugby players.

Newsome, Burton, R. Coleman, Masirewa, Louwrens, Faulkner, Arnold, Naisarani, Scoble, Daley are all also solid or up-and-coming players.

I certainly wouldn't write the Force off - certainly more so if they can keep their squad uninjured. They've always played with passion and been the Tahs bogey team.

N

NTT

Wow Forcefield, just wow.

Force by 7pts. A lot of optimism and good vibes coming out of the west with the rebuild. Force will lift for the Tahs as they always do, expect the breakdown to be ferocious and critical to the Force sneaking home.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Tahs by 5
If they defend like they did in the first half against the Clan, Force by 10!

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Dependent on how the younger Tahs players fare, the Force tight-five should really put pressure on the Tahs. Taf is still the best Aussie hooker around. Coleman the best Aussie second-rower. Can't decide either way, to be decided by a penalty.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
22 all with 15 to go. 35-22 when the Tahs benchies come on, they've looked darned good in the two trials so far.

M

Moono75

The Force have plenty of reason to be optimistic heading into this game.

We have shown faith in a young coach but added the right mix of experienced heads around him for support. We've bought it some good young talent (Meakes, Rona, Peni, Newsome, Naisarani) to supplement the top talent we have. We haven't stood still and hoped things would improve automatically.

It may take a few games to gel together, but I think an improved centre combination and more attacking weapons in the back line could really open things up for us.

Quietly confident ;)
(insert evil laugh)

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Waratahs team: Tom Robertson, Tolu Latu, Sekope Kepu, Dean Mumm, Will Skelton, Jack Dempsey, Michael Hooper, Michael Wells, Nick Phipps, Bernard Foley, Rob Horne, Irae Simone, Israel Folau, Reece Robinson, Andrew Kellaway.

Reserves (one to be omitted): Hugh Roach, Paddy Ryan, David Lolohea, Ned Hanigan, Brad Wilkin, Matt Lucas, Bryce Hegarty, Taqele Naiyaravoro, David Horwitz.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It appears Foley is under a concussion cloud and if he's fit I assume Horwitz will drop off the bench.

If he's out Hegarty to 10 and Horwitz to 23.

I'm glad to see Wells starting. I still have my reservations re Kellaway at 15 but I'm hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Tahs by 2 in a hopefully exciting high scoring encounter.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
"Those matches will be televised live on Fox Sports as the lead in to the Waratahs v Force Super Rugby game".

Won't that mean a clash with the Crusaders/Brumbies game?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So is Jed Holloway still injured/injured again?

As to the score, who freakin knows. Force are still under gunned in the backs. The new boys look good, but it'd be foolhardy to expect them to fire first round. They'll take a little while to find themselves at Super level.

I'd be happy if we were in a position to win it when the hooter goes.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I feel like we might get slammed in the scrums, the line-outs will be a pig's breakfast for both sides and the breakdown will be an absolute scrap. If the Tahs win the scrums and the breakdown, they win by a lot. If the Tahs win the scrums and the Force handle the breakdown better, it could go either way.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I feel like we might get slammed in the scrums, the line-outs will be a pig's breakfast for both sides and the breakdown will be an absolute scrap. If the Tahs win the scrums and the breakdown, they win by a lot. If the Tahs win the scrums and the Force handle the breakdown better, it could go either way.

You've got the best scrummaging hooker in Australia now and Cowan is no slouch. Coleman will be your TH lock so that side too should be fine. You won't suffer at the scrum, your vulnerabilities are elsewhere.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
For the Force to win they need to belt the Tahs at the breakdown and scrumtime. TPN will be very motivated and fired up to do that, particularly during the scrum contest.

Mark Folau closely, put him under pressure and give him no room to weave his potential magic.

Force don't need to be fancy, they need to outmuscle the Tahs and win, ugly, if necessary

Force by 7

Status
Not open for further replies.