• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 - Reds vs Sharks, Suncorp Stadium, Friday 24th February @ 8:00pm AEDT (7:00pm AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tucker's Team is pretty much expected.

I thought George may have come off the bench and used as a impact player.

Tui must be on the bench and I don't think we could have a better impact player than him. Maybe Houston will miss the 23 altogether which initially would have surprised me as well. Higgers is a good pick at 8

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
someone thought of a 6-2 split which I think would be a good call against the Sharkies with strong forwards. Houston and Tui to come on for G.Smith and Higs probs. Keep the intensity up. Tuttle and Perese Bench with DP 10 if something happens to quade.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
WE ARE RED!

1. James Slipper (C)
2. Stephen Moore
3. Sam Talakai
4. Rob Simmons
5. Kane Douglas
6. Adam Korczyk
7. George Smith
8. Scott Higginbotham
9. Nick Frisby
10. Quade Cooper
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Duncan Paia’aua
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Chris Kuridrani
15. Karmichael Hunt

16. Andrew Ready
17. Markus Vanzati
18. Sef Fa’agase
19. Izack Rodda
20. Hendrik Tui
21. James Tuttle
22. Jake McIntyre
23. Izaia Perese

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rodda on the bench ahead of Tui and Neville is significant, assuming the others were available.

No dramas here. He's a damn good player.

Very much liking the look of that team. Time for talk is over...for them at least. We've got pages more to discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Houston & Lukhan Tui completely missing the 23 is unexpected. Izack Rodda must've impressed Stiles so far.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty good side.

Rodda must be tearing it up at training.

That is a pretty good team.

In the words of one Van Humphries, we're gonna roll these c*nts

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Even with Rodda doing well at training, bringing on a couple green tight forwards, along with a green starter......a 6-2 split would have been my go. Then again, I'm not getting paid the big bucks...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I love that team. Always a good sign when quality guys are missing the 23.

McIntyre on the bench has me more than a bit perplexed though. I would've gone a 6/2 bench to include an extra loosie and dropped him. I don't see what value he adds there. Quade will play 80 and if he can't (touch wood) Paia-aua or Hunt would be adequate cover.

I imagine Smith will come off early in the 2nd half with Korcyzk so move to open and Tui to play 6 and wreak some havoc. Houston would add more value on the bench than Jake if this is the plan.

Reactions: dru

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^^^

Thanks for that BJ

Suppose you are preparing yourself for some years in the wilderness and potentially that wilderness may disappear in the coming years.

You can obtain your Reds membership omline

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I reckon Quade is going to have a successful year, barring injuries. With good front foot ball provided by the pigs, and the likes of Kerevi running out wide with Hunt and DP offering options and dummy runners in closer, I expect Quade and the Reds to tear it up this year. My pick to be the most attractive Aussie side and to top the Aussie conference.

Reds over the Sharks by two or three tries.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I reckon Quade is going to have a successful year, barring injuries. With good front foot ball provided by the pigs, and the likes of Kerevi running out wide with Hunt and DP offering options and dummy runners in closer, I expect Quade and the Reds to tear it up this year. My pick to be the most attractive Aussie side and to top the Aussie conference.

Reds over the Sharks by two or three tries.
The kiss of death!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sharks – 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 André Esterhuizen, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Pat Lambie (c), 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Tera Mtembu, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Philip van der Walt, 5 Ruan Botha, 4 Etienne Oosthuizen, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Franco Marais, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Thomas du Toit, 18 Lourens Adriaanse, 19 Stephan Lewies, 20 Jacques Vermeulen, 21 Michael Claasens, 22 Jeremy Ward, 23 Clement Poitrenuad.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I love that team. Always a good sign when quality guys are missing the 23.

McIntyre on the bench has me more than a bit perplexed though. I would've gone a 6/2 bench to include an extra loosie and dropped him. I don't see what value he adds there. Quade will play 80 and if he can't (touch wood) Paia-aua or Hunt would be adequate cover.

I imagine Smith will come off early in the 2nd half with Korcyzk so move to open and Tui to play 6 and wreak some havoc. Houston would add more value on the bench than Jake if this is the plan.
Why do people think Smith wont play 80.. His going to be fit as hell afyer playing in Japan and his smart he'll go 80

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Need to ease the old fella into the season. We need him fit in July for the final not busting his nut in the Brisbane summer against a team that barely sits above the Kings.

Completely agree. At the end of the day, your team is built around:

+ A geriatric hooker (good player but hes definitely slowing down).
+ An even more geriatic flanker.
+ An aging 8 (Higgers) with persistent injury problems.
+ An erratic 10 with confidence and injury problems.
+ A 15 with injury problems.
+ A captain with pretty persistent injury problems.

Douglas has had some trouble re: injuries over the years as well.

You'll have to manage your core pretty carefully over the season. They're real leaders and great players but a bit on the old side.

Use your young players in the last 30 to develop some confidence early in the season and rely on the old guard later in the year when it actually counts.

Korczyck can be expected to play the 80, as can Higgers. Tui on for Smith at the 50min mark.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
But I read somewhere that this was a crunch game!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.