• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 2017 Waratahs v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Scrubber, I agree with you tactically, however I think young Simone may take a bit of the pressure off Folau. From what I've seen of him, any move to focus too heavily on Folau and leave Simone and Foley alone could be perilous!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interesting to see hints from Gibson on style of play, I don't think we will be going up the middle

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It'd seem so. But it doesn't really matter, Hegarty'll be both fine and a run'll give us much-needed depth for later in the year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not sure that Hegarty will offer as much as Foley. Without the off season stint in Japan this year, I think there is likely to be a marked improvement in Foley's early season form, if and when fit.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Force

1 Pek Cowan
2 Heath Tessmann (C)
3 Jermaine Ainsley
4 Ross Haylett-Petty
5 Adam Coleman
6 Brynard Stander
7 Kane Koteka
8 Richard Hardwick
9 Ryan Louwrens
10 Jono Lance
11 Chance Peni *
12 Bill Meakes *
13 Curtis Rona *
14 Luke Morahan
15 Dane Haylett-Petty D (VC)

Reserves

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau**
17 Ben Daley**
18 Tetera Faulkner
19 Matt Philip
20 Isireli Naisarani *
21 Michael Ruru *
22 Ian Prior
23 Alex Newsome *

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Force

1 Pek Cowan
2 Heath Tessmann (C)
3 Jermaine Ainsley
4 Ross Haylett-Petty
5 Adam Coleman
6 Brynard Stander
7 Kane Koteka
8 Richard Hardwick
9 Ryan Louwrens
10 Jono Lance
11 Chance Peni *
12 Bill Meakes *
13 Curtis Rona *
14 Luke Morahan
15 Dane Haylett-Petty D (VC)

Reserves

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau**
17 Ben Daley**
18 Tetera Faulkner
19 Matt Philip
20 Isireli Naisarani *
21 Michael Ruru *
22 Ian Prior
23 Alex Newsome *

Love that backline.

Really like the 2nd row (I'm a big RHP fan) and Cowan / Tessmann / TPN / Faulkner / TPN provide some good options in the front row.

Back row a little weak but they all have a point to prove.

I like how you've structured the XV / bench to have some real quality coming on in the last 30.

Game on!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tessman is co captain with McCalman and with big Benny out then Tess was always likely to start and skipper.

It does make a good impact from the bench with a Wallaby front row.

Backrow needs to stand up big time. Depth once again a concern with 2 scrummies on the bench and Prior covering 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
^^^^^
How is Taf not starting?

The guys above have said it pretty well but also its important to remember TPN is only there on a 1 year contract. It's probably best to have him as an impact player / mentor and to provide another long-term player with some experience.

The Rebels / Force have also shown time and time again they can kick it with the big boys until about the 50 minute mark. The benches come on and everything goes to shit.

Bringing some vets on around that time will really have a calming influence on the team.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Plenty of opportunities for you to blow him sweet kisses from the adjoining seats........ :rolleyes:

N

NTT

The Force also have a 5 day turnaround to the Reds game so player management will be important these 1st 2 games. I would expect that TPN, Faulkner, Naisarani, Philip will be starting vs The Reds. Newsome, Brache, Prior will be in line to start vs Reds too i would think.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It's only getting wetter and wetter. Rains coming down nonstop.

Going to be a slippery and muddy affair tonight. Whose this suit more?

The Tahs pack edges the Force but the Forces backline has bigger bodies probably more suited to slow crash bang boom rugby.

Wet conditions also favour the pack with more heart IMO. Could be very interesting.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's only getting wetter and wetter. Rains coming down nonstop.

Going to be a slippery and muddy affair tonight. Whose this suit more?

The Tahs pack edges the Force but the Forces backline has bigger bodies probably more suited to slow crash bang boom rugby.

Wet conditions also favour the pack with more heart IMO. Could be very interesting.
Wet conditions favour a kicking game and I'd probably take Lance and DHP over Kellaway and Hegarty. I'd probably argue our lineout is better man for man but these things are a unit and it could go either way.

Still see the Tahs winning this one. There will be pleny of handling errors and your starting scrum will dust ours up.

Status
Not open for further replies.