• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Nothing yet nrb... Just in training mode at the moment for Brothers. Trials early next month... I'll go and have a look then and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Are Norths struggling for Colts numbers? Saw a recent post on their facebook saying they were looking for Colts players?
Would be a tough gig for anyone coaching after a number of woeful years but with the local schools that are close by in Nudgee, St.Pats, Wavell, Padua, St. Paul's, St. Columbans plus a number of local state high schools you shouldn't battle for numbers. I have read that Brothers have got the cream of the crop from St Pats and Padua so perhaps this is the reason for the facebook post.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Are Norths struggling for Colts numbers? Saw a recent post on their facebook saying they were looking for Colts players?
Would be a tough gig for anyone coaching after a number of woeful years but with the local schools that are close by in Nudgee, St.Pats, Wavell, Padua, St. Paul's, St. Columbans plus a number of local state high schools you shouldn't battle for numbers. I have read that Brothers have got the cream of the crop from St Pats and Padua so perhaps this is the reason for the facebook post.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

I think the GAP between the top 4 or 5 colts teams and the rest will be daylight by the sounds of it....
Brothers, UQ, Sunnybank, Bond have definitely claimed the cream of the crop talent wise from exiting school boys.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
...and so it begins again. After an excellent comp last year with extra teams improving the standard(Souths and Wests specifically) meant a much more competitive environment I would hope that this year will be similar.

Anyone any mail about where some players have gone and who the trials are tomorrow? Who will be strong apart from the obvious protagonists...

Looking forward to getting out to some club footy.

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good on them...their new club facilities are very impressive...I am sure that was a big draw card for them.

The competition needs Souths and Wests to be strong. I'd be interested to see the result of that game tomorrow.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Did I hear the brothers Uni colts game was 45-5 to brothers...... Is that true??

Any other results out there?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well I don't know is the answer to that, breakdown. Considering how many UQ has in the Qld u 20's they were probably not that strong. However UQ will be playing with most of the kids that played on Saturday, given the u20 guys r usually away for most of the season and given injuries etc. it will be hard for them.

Brothers I believe had quite a few new guys. I will Suss it out a little more before the season starts.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Saw a sweaty k meni and thought I saw a sweaty McMillan and if that's the case there was some quality UQ players. Probably need to ask the King.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I might be wrong here but aren't you one of the Brothers colts coaches breakdown??

Uni where missing a few to injury, o-week, down in lower colts, club 7's, under 20's ect but the team they put out was still reasonably strong.

Brothers looked very sharp and one of the tries they scored was as good as you are likely to see. I was told they dusted up Sunnybank as well the week before. Early favourites??

The sage the sweety MacMillan you saw would of been James older brother Digger who played a few minutes in Reggies over the weekend.

James still has a bit of time on the sideline left.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I might be wrong here but aren't you one of the Brothers colts coaches breakdown??

Uni where missing a few to injury, o-week, down in lower colts, club 7's, under 20's ect but the team they put out was still reasonably strong.

Brothers looked very sharp and one of the tries they scored was as good as you are likely to see. I was told they dusted up Sunnybank as well the week before. Early favourites??

The sage the sweety MacMillan you saw would of been James older brother Digger who played a few minutes in Reggies over the weekend.

Thanks for that Red Heavy....as I said I watch 3 minutes of it before heading into the club house for lunch and to swill a few beers and some tasty wine.

Brothers will be up there. Think we have to wait for a few games under our belts and see how the u20's drop before confirming. Think Bond will also be hard to beat along with UQ and The Bank (how unusual); but looking good at this stage for the butcher strips.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)

Not that close to things Red Heavy, just an occasional onlooker

Status
Not open for further replies.