• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
I would suggest maybe doing some research beforehand rather than just making slanderous comments with absolutely no background. This coming from someone who doesn't even support Eastwood.

W

Wilsonmate

I would suggest maybe doing some research beforehand rather than just making slanderous comments with absolutely no background. This coming from someone who doesn't even support Eastwood.

Appreciate the support Aussie. Whilst on gameday's we rip in, sledge and berate one another, its back to the bar after the game to have a laugh and leave it on the field. With so much history associated with every club, its what makes this comp so special, and why we want to see it prosper. And it's every club who contributes to that. Props to you brother

kiap

Steve Williams (59)

Calling someone a failure and advocating they be axed is not slander.

Ol' man Pappy himself would be in the dock, were that the case.

The club has outspent their means and are selling the farm. That's great, at least they have one; others without such luck have had to do better elsewhere.

But you don't need a gig at a shock-jock station to qualify to sell a parcel of land.

Any clown can sign on a dotted line.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Pappy is the figurehead. The members elect a board, and the board is comprised of some very impressive individuals.

The board is accountable to the members who elect them.

Talk to the members. People like me, most of us played and all of us still support the club, and will continue to do so, through changing times.

Selling the land is just sheer commonsense. It is worth far more in dollar terms than it is as a money greedy sporting venue, totally undercapitalised by any measure.

No entity worth its salt would hang on to an asset that is worth as much as this one is in dollar terms and which consistently runs at a loss in money terms.

The buildings are shoddy and the amenities are pretty poor. Apart from the history, what on earth has the place got?

Sentiment is one thing, but sentiment is worth sweet fanny adams in any meaningful terms. Again, at the risk of repeating myself, leave it to the stakeholders, the supporters, to make the right decision for the rugby club, and the game as a whole.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Can we talk some Footy? Who has trials this weekend? Parra has Uni-Norths from Canberra for 1's & 2's and an internal trial for 3's &4's.Who else is dusting off?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Can we talk some Footy? Who has trials this weekend? Parra has Uni-Norths from Canberra for 1's & 2's and an internal trial for 3's &4's.Who else is dusting off?

Wests played a touring team tonight and Uni has a match against a touring side on Tuesday night.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Australian Club Championship this weekend - game is live on Fox Sports.
Also game between final losers is also on - so Uni v Uni and Brothers v Norths on Fox Sports 3 from 3pm till the Tahs kick-off

And yeah Uni play an Argie side on Tuesday evening - free entry and a fancy BBQ on offer

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
My money is on Macquarie Uni.......

Would have to be one of the Sydney FC fields in my opinion which I am not sure would be possible.

The problem with the other fields is there is zero seating or cover. And that's not too say there is much at the two FC fields.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Randwick Rugby heads to Canberra this weekend for a Club trial v. Brumbies Runners
Saturday 25 February 3pm
Tuggeranong Vikings Field

Rory Harrison
David Vea
Cameron Betham
Jock Armstrong
Jesse Harris
Sam Figg
Jack Hayson
Sam Croke
Mitch Short
Nic Andrews
Josh Ellison
Jake Rakic
Sepesa Tarogi
Seamus Frost/Toby Johnson (Standby)
Lachlan Anderson

Reserves:
Hame Tali
Henry Leslie
Tom Sexton
Will Lafalafo
Mark Baldwin
Jack Johnson
Andrew Deegan
Harry Boileau
Ben Starkey
Devan Stoltz
Vasa - prop

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
My money is on Macquarie Uni.......

Not sure where they will end up, but I reckon it will be closer to Castle Hill than it will be to Macquarie Uni. I reckon it will be somewhere within the triangle formed by Castle Hill, Rouse Hill and Dural.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I can't help feeling something is fundamentally wrong about all this. An old dude gives a club acres of land for the express purpose of playing rugby on it and somehow it ends up getting sold off. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.