• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 - Reds vs Sharks, Suncorp Stadium, Friday 24th February @ 8:00pm AEDT (7:00pm AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
God help me.
My work here is done!

abf752b29d58153791f3c1605b65da17.gif

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I love the optimism both here and in the R1 match thread. It's fun to go a bit over the top too but if anyone is genuinely thinking that the Reds will win tomorrow by a lot then keep in mind that:
  1. It's round 1. There will be 'rust'. There will be wayward passes, dropped ball and miscommunication at times; and
  2. It's forecast to be 31 and humid tomorrow. Minimum only getting down to 21 deg. I think. The ball will be like soap.
I think we should win, but I think it could be a scrappy and/or frustrating game to watch in terms of a spectacle. As long as we find a way to win then I'll be happy.
Alright, I'll stop being the fun police now. As you were.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I love the optimism both here and in the R1 match thread. It's fun to go a bit over the top too but if anyone is genuinely thinking that the Reds will win tomorrow by a lot then keep in mind that:
  1. It's round 1. There will be 'rust'. There will be wayward passes, dropped ball and miscommunication at times; and
  2. It's forecast to be 31 and humid tomorrow. Minimum only getting down to 21 deg. I think. The ball will be like soap.

Rust, wayward passes, dropped ball and miscommunication - sounds exactly like the entire of last two seasons. Just when I thought the memory of those years was gone you have to bring it back up. Way to put a dampener on things.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sully, I don't seem to be able to contact you directly.

If you don't like my contributions, just speak up. But I am not playing bitch on this blog/forum.
Loosen up Dru I'm joking with you.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Game day is here & I'm excited!!

Will be heading straight from work over to Suncorp so hopefully the gates open early....

Does anyone know who's playing the curtain raiser?

fish59

Frank Nicholson (4)
Game day is here & I'm excited!!

Will be heading straight from work over to Suncorp so hopefully the gates open early..

Does anyone know who's playing the curtain raiser?

I haven't seen anything about a curtain raiser - a bit harder to organise for Friday night at this time of the season and they have the U20s and Australian Club Championship happening tomorrow as well ...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I wouldn't assume there's a curtain raiser but if you have time to kill then just stop at the Caxton or if you're a member, go to the members bar and watch the Chiefs v Highlanders.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Stay clear of Aether though. Cause that's where I'm going and I don't need no competition for a seat. ;)

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
BTW, jokes aside - Aether will be packed this afternoon due to being booked for a function. Scratch or Caxton St better bets for pre-Reds beers.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
You know what - I'm fucking terrified. I enjoy the pre season where every team is a potential winner.
Now that it's actually here, I don't think I can take it, my nerves are done. Come on you reds :(

Status
Not open for further replies.