• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Although Coleman's injury-enforced absence is a blow, the silver lining is it provides an opportunity for RHP and one of the most unheralded locks from the NRC - Matt Phillip - to really make it difficult for Coleman to force his way back into the starting berth.

N

NTT

While Onehunga Havili is 6ft 4, not 6ft 6 or 6ft 8, he is a very powerful unit who has had time to develop through the future force and NRC and will surprise a few people i think. I mean our other academy graduates have proven to be up to the mark.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
While Onehunga Havili is 6ft 4, not 6ft 6 or 6ft 8, he is a very powerful unit who has had time to develop through the future force and NRC and will surprise a few people i think. I mean our other academy graduates have proven to be up to the mark.

is he a winger or lock? the WA Rugby site says he is a winger. Could imagine that would scare a few opponents.

T

TOCC

is he a winger or lock? the WA Rugby site says he is a winger. Could imagine that would scare a few opponents.

They haven't decided yet.. bounces between wing and backrow

IMO he is a backrower, but has the speed to play wing in the mould of Naiyavoro?

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)

IMO he is a backrower, but has the speed to play wing in the mould of Naiyavoro?

100% a backrower. Wing was an experiment at best. Played his best rugby at Palmyra as an 8.

N

NTT

Hes a backrower, 6 or 8, who can fill in for lock. Havili himself asked to be put back in the forwards as standing on the wing wasn't suiting him.

N

NTT

Havili is a more natural rugby player than Naiyarovoro. Naiyarovoro needs to learn to get more involved and get yellowed less.

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Where's this mystery man Richard Arnold. Read that he was over his injuries. Also read a couple of years ago he was as good as his brother. I'm dying to see him get a run. Anyone know his status?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He was only ever in the training squad wasn't he? Or did he get promoted this year?

I haven't seen anything to suggest he's as good as his brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NTT

Get ready for a Georgina Robinson sensationalist article on Rugby Heaven tomorrow with a misleading headline and quoting from unreleased financial documents that she may or may not understand. Many figures in the article are just plain wrong and can be researched better and more accurately with the quickest of quick google searches.
If this isn't a shining example of stoking the fires of the Sydney medias obsession with blame the Force and no one else i don't know what is. To also insinuate the Forces situation is solely responsible for the funding situation of the Australian Under 20s program is ridiculous. The timing of the article is also not accidental as she is quoting unreleased documents that should be thoroughly examined by all parties on release and not speculated upon by a journalist who may or may not be presenting accurate information before such key meetings for the ARU.

I'll remove my tin foil hat now.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Surely you jest, NTT. There is no way that the Sydney rugby press could have an agenda, could there?

Fair dinkum, we shoot ourselves in the foot in this country with how political the game is.

M

Moono75

"ARU spent $3m bailing out Western Force and less than $1m on the Australian u20s"

Yes, had a look at the article by Georgina Robinson and despite mentioning all Oz Super Rugby clubs had received monetary bailouts from the ARU in the body of the article, it is the Force emblazoned across and associated with the negativity of the headline. Maybe Georgina doesn't have editorial control over the headlines, but for fuck sake just provide a level and impartial playing field for us to compete on.

I see she has also tipped the Brumbies in the game Friday.

T

TOCC

Georgina doesn't like to check her facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely the thrust of the article is the problem with the Super Rugby format and that being the cause of the financial woes for the Australian Super Rugby teams and in turn the ARU for needing to bail them out.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Has any mention been made of support for, or future development of, the Western Force, by either of the major political parties in the lead-up to tomorrow's WA state election?!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Has any mention been made of support for, or future development of, the Western Force, by either of the major political parties in the lead-up to tomorrow's WA state election?!

Well the libs just gave the Force 1.5mil in sponsorship and spent 100mil redeveloping Nov stadium for them and the glory so I guess that would suggest they want them to stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.