• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Sharks v Waratahs - Sunday 12 March 4:30am AEDT, Kings Park, Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Thought the Tahs would go closer as they had an extra week in the country. Was the performance as bad as the score suggests?

I'd been hoping the Tahs might get up and thought them a reasonable chance. This lack of ability to beat other conference sides has worn me to a point where a Tahs loss is disappointing. That hasn't been the case for a while. Never been one of those people that always supports Aus sides against foreigners but the usual lack of success from our teams might be turning that around.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thought the Tahs would go closer as they had an extra week in the country. Was the performance as bad as the score suggests?

I'd been hoping the Tahs might get up and thought them a reasonable chance. This lack of ability to beat other conference sides has worn me to a point where a Tahs loss is disappointing. That hasn't been the case for a while. Never been one of those people that always supports Aus sides against foreigners but the usual lack of success from our teams might be turning that around.
I am beginning to wonder if we need some coaching changes

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
It was horrible. I watched from about 35 mins and it was so dire, every good thing was followed by some stupid shit or poor execution.

Dempsey was very good I think, my Motm. Wells, McDuling and Clark were solid too, Hooper energetic but made some errors. Horne must have missed a million tackles.

And oh, Phipps needs to be dropped for the next game, if nothing else, to wake him up.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Positives:

- the second half was better than the first
- the SA leg is done and dusted for the Tahs

It's going to be pretty embarrassing for SANZAAR if they vote to keep this format and the Aus conference winner makes it into the finals from a position of 13th on the overall ladder.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
There is something seriously wrong at the Tahs at the moment. The team looks like they don't care at all. No heart, no idea, players playing dumb football. It started to fall apart last year with the terrible game plans. This year the game plan is even worse. Time for Gibson and Co to back their bags and the boys to have some serious soul searching

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Positives:

- the second half was better than the first
- the SA leg is done and dusted for the Tahs

It's going to be pretty embarrassing for SANZAAR if they vote to keep this format and the Aus conference winner makes it into the finals from a position of 13th on the overall ladder.

Only for one week of the playoffs

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Have thoughts:
Well played the sharks; their forwards are hard, their outside backs are fast, and Bosch looks like he's a future pain in Australia's arse.
Mcduling kept getting his positioning wrong on kick off takes. 2 went saying over his head
Phipps looks like his girlfriend just left him. Something's not right, maybe not enough off season?
Hegarty isn't up to 10 at this level. Maybe try Horwitz next week.
Man, we miss a big forward who can hit up and make meters.
Why don't South African regress give yellow cards for neck roll clean outs when everyone else does?
Sharks scoref 2 tires from intercepting waratah handling errors. Frustrating.
Looks like another long season

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking on from afar it seems as if the Reds and Force are the top teams in Australia, then the Brumbies being a little behind them and further down the Waratahs and then the Reds.

I would have thought the Waratahs to have been one of the better Australian teams, but on recent evidence I'm weighing up the SA results against them as of much less significance than I usually would.

Something is wrong there.

EDIT: I believe Jake White was somewhat of a mentor for Wessels (Force Coach), hence their tenacity to stay in games in which they should otherwise be totally outplayed. I just feel that there are some limitations to that approach in today's game.

I am happy to see the Force improve though. Always liked them most out of the Aus teams.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I was worried when Gibson stated that he wanted to use wide mobile forwards as a main forward game plan. Having a few mobile forwards is good but we need big giants with heart and grunt which seems to be lacking. When even Hooper looks like he is struggling it comes down to the plan and that rests with Gibson. I hope the Tahs look at Cron for a crack. Its funny, the trial against the brumbies the defence seemed to be working and the forwards went forward then everything changed. Same thing last when the Tahs played the brumbies in the trial then the game plan seemed to change round one. Its early days but seriously there is something wrong.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
WOuld have been unfair had a try been scored if the ref and touch-judge were correct, which they were. Always more than one way of looking at things.

You play on, see if they score off the break then if they do THEN you review it. The same as any normal non South African ref would

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Seems the fans are as disinterested in the Tah's this year as the players. Match thread barely reached three pages.

Bronzewhaler

Stan Wickham (3)
Should have been called up straight away - could have been 2 yellow cards. Stupid play from Dempsey - he is a yellow waiting to happen every game. Definitely not MOM.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I had adjusted the settings on my Foxtel box to only record and keep quality performances from the Tahs, so unfortunately, auto-delete will prevent me seeing this game.
At this rate cyclo you may miss seeing any of the tahs season!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.