• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Force - 5:35pm AEDT 24th March at AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Quick question, if Ainsley trying to pick up the ball means he was forcing it, does that mean if a player picks up a ball in goal that is a 22 or 5m scrum?
How can you be in possession of the ball when another player is already holding it?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Codie Taylor gets #5 from another lineout drive from a penalty in front, thought they might've been better off with the scrum option but it's worked, 33-17. All-new front row for CruSadists now & Kiwi Pete Samu's out there too.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Quick question, if Ainsley trying to pick up the ball means he was forcing it, does that mean if a player picks up a ball in goal that is a 22 or 5m scrum?

I think the first force player actually momentarily grounded the ball, then when the ref didn't call it he proceeded to roll it back for someone else to clear.

I'm also sure at some stage Ainsley saw Romano coming and that hands on the ball ready to pass it become downwards pressure. Very hard call to make and the less controversial option would have been no try.

You can even tell when the ref awarded the try then went "oops I probably fucked up there" and sent it upstairs in the hope it got turned over

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Why have the force suddenly gone within themselves? They were playing great forward thinking rugby in the first half.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I don't know if Hoffman got cold and wanted to move as that should have been penalty for Force.

Really? I just saw it as the force prop losing his footing on engagement. Maybe would have got a reset if all the other shit hadn't happened before

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why have the force suddenly gone within themselves? They were playing great forward thinking rugby in the first half.
Damage limitation. Their Saffa coach's mindset must be sinking into them. It's a South African disease.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Really? I just saw it as the force prop losing his footing on engagement. Maybe would have got a reset if all the other shit hadn't happened before
Looked like Crockett boring and the whole Crusader pack walking around through him to me. Nothinh much to do for the Force prop with that much pressure coming on an angle

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well given all the injuries and way replacement players played tonight it has showed me the force finally have some decent depth on their squad

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Geez: Rohann evidently thought there was a bit of home town bias in the TMO suggesting penalty only for an early tackle that close to the line.
Force going down swinging: got to admire that!

Status
Not open for further replies.