• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Rebels v Waratahs, Friday the 24th of March AAMI Park @7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'd happily swap one of the (supposedly) potent finishers on our wings for a dead-eye kicker with a 50m range.

It's invaluable.

Sure, as a defending team three points is preferable to seven, but if you know any penalty in your half will result in points you're going to stop pushing up as quick in defence, you'll behave better at the breakdown, and stop buggerising about in the scrum etc etc.

My tip: Tahs easily. Folau will grab a couple arsey tries and we'll self-immolate every time pressure is applied.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
I was.

It's a different impact than the kick for touch and then defending inside your 22 but I think the psychological impact from the other team knocking over a penalty from around halfway shouldn't be underestimated.

I think teams feel like nothing was really happening and then all of a sudden they've given away 3 points.

An oddly specific statistic id like to know is:

The percentage of plays resulting in tries where a penalty has been awarded within kickable range (say within 45m) and they go for the line instead.

I suspect, particularly for Australian sides, it would be quite low.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
would be good to compare that stat with the percentage of successful penalties kicked from 30-50 meters out , only really interested in the Rebels .
Agree with Tex dead eye kicker is Gold and i would do that swap ,, but reality is we do not have one ,, hope Rebels win but......

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'll be at the stockade with a few mates, hopefully gonna see some good rugby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd happily swap one of the (supposedly) potent finishers on our wings for a dead-eye kicker with a 50m range.

It's invaluable.

Sure, as a defending team three points is preferable to seven, but if you know any penalty in your half will result in points you're going to stop pushing up as quick in defence, you'll behave better at the breakdown, and stop buggerising about in the scrum etc etc.

My tip: Tahs easily. Folau will grab a couple arsey tries and we'll self-immolate every time pressure is applied.
I be lying if I said I was not worried this will be another low skill game _ hope not as am ready to turn off the tv if I see some of the rubbish tahs and rebels dished up in most of their games so far

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, this doesn't sound like a total cripple fight listening to the radio feed on rugby.com.au

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.