• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Reds v. Hurricanes, April 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Managed to snap this candid shot at training today of Hunt going over tactics with JMac

Che_SClara.jpg

You can see Taniela in the background there if you look closely

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Wait fuck, this isn't the Reds 2017 thread Scoey..

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF COMRADE RODDA IN SUCH A FASHION

THAT'S 3 YEARS IN THE GULAG FOR YOU, FILTHY KULAK

FUCK! I can't believe I was the one to screw this up - the best match thread EVA. Gulag it is.

EDIT: Wait, no one has quoted me. Original post edited. No harm no foul right?

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Seeing how this will be nothing short of a blood bath, it'd be nice if the QRU softened the blow to the fans by putting on a "Taco or Pizza night" for the kids, while a Buy 1 Get 3, rumbos for those over 18 would probably do it the trick.

sounds like the old sunday evenings at Ballymore grandstand bar

Reactions: gel

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Geez the biggest loser from Slipper's injury (apart from James) has got to be Ready. Now that Moore is el capitano, Andrew's likely game time has dropped significantly. Anyone know when he's signed to? Would hate to see him have to do a Chibba.

Also, who is Hamish Stewart? Did Maranta get injured in his 12 seconds on the field? We took Maranta and Taefu on tour as backs cover and now neither have made the bench and there's a new face there.

Lastly, what's the story on Rodda does anyone know? His first appearance was all fire and brimstone and since he went off with that head knock he's been quieter and now not selected. Must be too busy eating the children of Hurricanes players to play. He knows we can smoke these imposters with lesser players so he clearly gives zero fucks.

Hamish Stewart is a gifted child who the brains trust at the reds have decided chuck into the inferno that will be the last 15 mins vs the reigning champions and opposing the worlds best player.
Reminds me a bit of J Placid (another TGS boy), a fullback who they threw on at #13 against the Force with 5mins to go, up by 1pt and with 14 men. Try Force, Force won by 4.
He now lives in a homeless shelter in Rebelsland.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hamish Stewart is a gifted child who the brains trust at the reds have decided chuck into the inferno that will be the last 15 mins vs the reigning champions and opposing the worlds best player.
Reminds me a bit of J Placid (another TGS boy), a fullback who they threw on at #13 against the Force with 5mins to go, up by 1pt and with 14 men. Try Force, Force won by 4.

I don't think he'll play unless there's a dire sequence of injuries.

He'll play U20s the next day.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Placid replaced JJ Tualagi on the wing. With 20 mins to go. He was replaced, injured, 6 mins later. The Force won the game late (Placid wasn't on the field) by 3 points.

He then chased the big pay check in Melbourne.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
hes a child

Couldn't care about his age, if he's good enough it doesn't matter if he's 18 or 28. He'll be rusty, but that's expected from a kid.

Sam Lane was fairly handy for those two or three matches we had him before he did his ACL. Hopefully this isn't a repeat of 2012!

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Placid replaced JJ Tualagi on the wing. With 20 mins to go. He was replaced, injured, 6 mins later. The Force won the game late (Placid wasn't on the field) by 3 points.

He then chased the big pay check in Melbourne.

You're right Reg. He didn't lose the game for them even though they lost the lead at a crucial time.
23 mins gone in the 2nd half, Reds up 20 - 17. Jonah was defending at left wing on a short backline, at the Milton Rd end, rushed up out of the line and allowed Morahan through a gaping hole to score. Then was replace injured soon after when hurt going up to catch a Quade Cooper midfield bomb.

I do not mean to denegrate Jonah. None of the above was his fault. I am merely trying to point out the mismanagement of an undeniable talent, and him chasing the big paycheck is what I'm talking about. Had so much smoke blown up his arse by Gilmore and others that he felt he deserved it. Went to Rebels and joined the big show, played like a schoolboy with too many schoolboy errors and got dropped. Ended up playing off the bench, poorly at that, and now on the injured pile.
All that by 21. Should have done 2 years in colts and a year in Reggies before a year in 1st grade, an NRC gig last year and now be in the mix for a Reds debut.
None of it his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.