• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Reds v. Hurricanes, April 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ooh....lets all get on the little reds brigade of we like to post in this thread - as opposed to this thread but I can post photos of brick walls and that is ok because I am a hard core red supporter (and for those who are not how dare they) what a crock of shit.

You can get as many thumbs up as you like from your reds supporter buddies as I don't personally want to join the wanker brigade...who the fuck are you to call a simple start to a post summing up where reds are at as lazy....grow a brain.

Leave it you ruggers and your brick walls.....reds are great rah rah...

Reactions: gel

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The propaganda machine is going to need to work overtime this weekend. The old 'dew makes the ball more slippery' excuse is going to come under serious scrutiny after we can't hang onto the pill in a downpour.

The other option is throwing all non-believers in the gulags but those are starting to look crowded.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The propaganda machine is going to need to work overtime this weekend. The old 'dew makes the ball more slippery' excuse is going to come under serious scrutiny after we can't hang onto the pill in a downpour.

The other option is throwing all non-believers in the gulags but those are starting to look crowded.
You know what the interesting thing is?
The Sharks (+10), Force (+10), Lions (+3) all had more handling errors than the Reds in the game between them (Vodacom Rugby stats)

Crusaders were very close (-1). Jags were better (-5).

Hopefully Stiles has the boys practicing spilling the ball all week.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
2qmq1rp.jpg

WE'RE REACHING PEAK REVOLUTION, COMRADES

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lenin-mausoleum.jpg

COMRADE MOORE RELAXING IN THE HYPERBARIC CHAMBER REJUVENATING HIS AGEING BODY SO HE IS READY TO SMASH HURRICANES CAPITALIST SCUM

gorbi620_1861401b.jpg

COACH COMRADE STILES SO ADAMANT THAT HIS FELLOW COMRADES REMEMBER THE GAME PLAN TO DESTROY THE WEST THAT HE TATTOOED IT ON HIS FOREHEAD AS A CONSTANT REMINDER OF SOVIET BALLYMORE DOMINATION

Luvmyrugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rotation is best in Super Rugby I believe, up to a point of course. If a player does not cut it he does not cut it, but for the most part players given equal opportunity and being under similar guidance will achieve similar levels of success.

It is only this season with the rotation policy implemented (unofficially) in SA that I have started to notice this. The Sharks won with a weakened team against the Kings - barely, but it will be experience in good stead down the line for them. Last year the Stormers drew against the Sunwolves, this year they sent a depleted and young team over there and won a hard fought battle (a lot of the Stormers' rotation is due to injuries of course).

Sort of mid-season another competition kicks off in SA - the SuperSport challenge, which includes 15 sides including 1 from Namibia, which offers those on the fringes of Super Rugby squads the opportunity to get game time should they be needed.

Robert du Preez for the stormers has 8 or 9 caps for the Stormers but is currently more experienced than his 12 and 13 and for now they are still winning the games they are expected to win.

This sort of mindset has been enforced also by the continuous outflow of players to Europe and Japan, I reckon SA suffers the greatest loss of players here.

Don't play Quade every week is my viewpoint for example. If you're playing a team you expect to beat, put a youngster in there. If you don't beat them your squad will have built character. If you do, you will have built character, depth and confidence.

What teams do we expect to beat...Hurricanes?
Mate this is professional sport. It is about winning. Every game every week, by as many points as possible.
School/Colts/club etc is about building character.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
as a brief aside, if U.S.S.R.Ugger had started this thread over at The Silver Frown, it would’ve been shot in the ballsack at birth. He wouldn’t have even scaffolded up his first 36-pt f-word before the delivery room carpet would've been whisked out and all potential fun would've been extinguished at the conceptual stage, yes, aborted with vicious efficiency by one of the many, many anti-life widwives. Holy shit has she done this before. Has she ever. Nothign to see here. The corresponding thread over there now? There is none. Nothing. No match day thread. Zero. Nothing to read, move along, take that shit to the "whinging about www.stuff.co.nz articles" thread.

It’s Thursday.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
COMRADE'S, THE WEATHER HAS ENSURED A BOUNTIFUL HARVEST FOR THIS, OUR APRIL REVOLUTION. THE PIGS FROM THE WEST ARE WEAK AND FAT AND READY TO BE DINED UPON.

WE SHALL DON OUR FLIPPERS AND SNORKEL AND MARCH TO VICTORY IN LENIN'S MOST SACRED GLORIOUS EFFLUENT FILLED ARENA.

COMRADES BY AT LEAST 70.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ooh..lets all get on the little reds brigade of we like to post in this thread - as opposed to this thread but I can post photos of brick walls and that is ok because I am a hard core red supporter (and for those who are not how dare they) what a crock of shit.

You can get as many thumbs up as you like from your reds supporter buddies as I don't personally want to join the wanker brigade.who the fuck are you to call a simple start to a post summing up where reds are at as lazy..grow a brain.

Leave it you ruggers and your brick walls...reds are great rah rah.

Mate we are taking the piss. If you want me to be serious, Hurricanes by 30+.
Have some fun

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well, I wasnt giving the Reds a hope in helll this weekend. But going through this thread.... I say Reds 57. Don't make a April fool of me Reds lads.

Also No Dan Coles, now I have nothing to whinge about with the Canes.
Have to put all my focus on the Ref and Reds continuous handling issue.

Not at all nervous about this game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well, I wasnt giving the Reds a hope in helll this weekend. But going through this thread.. I say Reds 57. Don't make a April fool of me Reds lads.

Also No Dan Coles, now I have nothing to whinge about with the Canes.
Have to put all my focus on the Ref and Reds continuous handling issue.

Not at all nervous about this game.

IN HONOUR AND RESPECT OF FEARLESS COMRADE BROTHERS, COMRADE BIGGSY SELFLESSLY AGREES TO DRINK ONLY VODKA THIS WEEK AND NO RUM

57abb7824ea3e17e4a1c03c798fd76aa.jpg

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
COMRADES!

I HAVE RECENTLY RECEIVED WORD THAT OUR GREAT FATHER HAS PERSONALLY APPROVED OF THIS THREAD.

CONGRATULATIONS ON OUR GLORIOUS VICTORY. THIS COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT THE COLLECTIVE EFFORTS OF THE QUEENSLAND CARPARK COMMUNIST PARTY.

TONIGHT WE CRUSH THEIR IDEOLOGY. ON SATURDAY WE CRUSH THEIR SPIRITS AND BREAK THEIR BODIES.

1znmkqu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.