• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
News from Easts

"Easts Rugby has been informed that there is a delay to us gaining access to Woollahra No. 1 for both training and games. The delay is a result of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control and mainly as a result of the unprecedented wet weather we have experienced over the last 6 weeks.

The contractor is going to undertake some rectification works over the next 12 weeks to ensure that Easts have a top class facility that we can all be proud of. At this stage we anticipate being able to access the field by mid June.

Whilst this is disappointing, I am determined, along with the rest of the Board, to make 2017 the best year we have had at Easts and this set back won’t derail that. We are working very hard with Woollahra Council and other stakeholders within NSW Rugby to ensure we get all games on a suitable ground - all games will be played and all training will go ahead for Juniors, Grade & Colts.

We appreciate the hard work of Woollahra Council in trying to accommodate our Club, we also ask that you continue to support Easts, especially via our newly refurbished Club House.

We thank you for your continued support during this difficult period for the club."

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Uni team named, like the look of the young number 12

1 Alex Batho
2 Folau Fainga'a
3 Wayne Borsak
4 Nick Champion De Crespigny
5 Jack Blair
6 Mitchell Whiteley
7 Hamish Dunbar
8 Jake Wainwright ©
9 Daniel Calavassy
10 Ben Hughes
11 Christian Kagiassis
12 Tom Carter
13 Greg Jeloudev
14 Matthew Narracott
15 James Kane

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Randwick first and second grade

Goddard back from the Rebels

1Sonny Satuala1Rory Harrison
2Tom Sexton2Peter Nau
3Cameron Betham3Hame Tali
4Jock Armstrong4Ed Kennedy
5Lewis Taie5Jesse Harris
6Will Munro6Joe Whitelock
7Jack Johnston7Jack Hayson
8Sam Figg8Dylan Pietsch
9Mitch Short9Harrison Goddard
10Andrew Deegan10Nic Andrews
11Latu Latinipulu11Charlie McKay
12Jack Rakic12Sam Gerry Burgess
13Tom Molloy13Devan Stoltz
14Seamus Frost14Josh Ellison
15Lachlan Anderson15Jack Harrison

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Uni team named, like the look of the young number 12

1 Alex Batho
2 Folau Fainga'a
3 Wayne Borsak
4 Nick Champion De Crespigny
5 Jack Blair
6 Mitchell Whiteley
7 Hamish Dunbar
8 Jake Wainwright ©
9 Daniel Calavassy
10 Ben Hughes
11 Christian Kagiassis
12 Tom Carter
13 Greg Jeloudev
14 Matthew Narracott
15 James Kane

oh FFS.
theres 5 generations of 12s who have missed on playing first grade because of him.
He must be 40

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Randwick first and second grade

Goddard back from the Rebels

1Sonny Satuala1Rory Harrison
2Tom Sexton2Peter Nau
3Cameron Betham3Hame Tali
4Jock Armstrong4Ed Kennedy
5Lewis Taie5Jesse Harris
6Will Munro6Joe Whitelock
7Jack Johnston7Jack Hayson
8Sam Figg8Dylan Pietsch
9Mitch Short9Harrison Goddard
10Andrew Deegan10Nic Andrews
11Latu Latinipulu11Charlie McKay
12Jack Rakic12Sam Gerry Burgess
13Tom Molloy13Devan Stoltz
14Seamus Frost14Josh Ellison
15Lachlan Anderson15Jack Harrison

Lots of players from last year missing:
Brogan Roods
Ben Starkey
Dash Kuate
Chris Taripo
Harry Boileau
Mark Baldwin
Nick Kellaway
Sam Croke
Tevita Vea
Tom Coupland
Tom Hiddleston
Tristan Goodbody
David Parsons

All injured or moved on?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Love him or hate him - he brings allot to our game, and no doubt there will be some fun round 2.

He touched base last year off the cuff, and said if every we want help with kids rugby please ask. Class!

- the things that go unnoticed.

Dave his speech after the GF turned my view of him around: definition of a gracious loser.
I saw him coaching a few weeks ago and assumed he hung 'em up: I guess he needs one more premiership

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^ He won't win one in first grade, that window has closed for him.
But it's academic anyway, I think the bookies have got it hopelessly wrong posting them as favourites this year.
They will struggle to make the finals IMO

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Not so sure, Uni have some real good players and if/when they get some super players they will be a very hard team to beat. Looking forward to seeing how Hughes does and Carter aside that backline has some pace. TC will do the hard stuff and Jeloudev will score plenty as a result.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Lots of players from last year missing:
Brogan Roods
Ben Starkey
Dash Kuate
Chris Taripo
Harry Boileau
Mark Baldwin
Nick Kellaway
Sam Croke
Tevita Vea
Tom Coupland
Tom Hiddleston
Tristan Goodbody
David Parsons

All injured or moved on?

Chris Taripo has gone back to league

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Love him or hate him - he brings allot to our game, and no doubt there will be some fun round 2.

He touched base last year off the cuff, and said if every we want help with kids rugby please ask. Class!

As I've posted before, off the field you couldn't really meet a nicer guy. I had an interaction with him at a Waratah fan day years ago and he had a one on one chat with me for about 10 minutes. A couple of weeks later I ran into someone who knew him quite well and he said the same thing.

IIRC he stayed on the field at one SS game for 20 minutes or so signing autographs for kids.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Tom Carter celebrating good defence!

JulesD

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi JulesD
One of my great interests is Sydney club rugby, but one of the problems you face is that there is nowhere (to my knowledge) where it is all consolidated in one spot. There is no history of clubs in one volume as there is for league and AFL.

There are books on the history of some individual clubs and of course their own websites (and of course the dreaded wikipedia).

There have been something like 30 clubs in the competition since 1900. And only 4 of the original 8 district clubs are still there.

Sydney Shute Shield Clubs (that are still there) that have had books published about them: are Easts, Gordon, Eastwood, Syd Uni, Wests, and most recently Manly. I can give you the name of the books if you are interested.

Not sure if this helps. Good luck.

I'll do my best to track these items down. Thanks everyone! Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Hi JulesD
One of my great interests is Sydney club rugby, but one of the problems you face is that there is nowhere (to my knowledge) where it is all consolidated in one spot. There is no history of clubs in one volume as there is for league and AFL.

There are books on the history of some individual clubs and of course their own websites (and of course the dreaded wikipedia).

There have been something like 30 clubs in the competition since 1900. And only 4 of the original 8 district clubs are still there.

Sydney Shute Shield Clubs (that are still there) that have had books published about them: are Easts, Gordon, Eastwood, Syd Uni, Wests, and most recently Manly. I can give you the name of the books if you are interested.

Not sure if this helps. Good luck.

Northern Suburbs have also published their club history, & Parramatta produced a history of their club on A4 paper, without cover , some years(? ) ago.
Men in Scarlet , the history of former first grade club, Drummoyne , also has an account dating back to 1829.

Status
Not open for further replies.