• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

insideball23

Boys from the opens newington squad have said the firsts will be in full strength against KWS but they will not be a GPS premiership threat this season like previous years.

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
they will not be a GPS premiership threat this season like previous years.

Yeah didn't think so, they will still be well drilled though. I guess it will show how the pre-season was up in Orange. Sticking with my prediction

YG4HUNNID

Stan Wickham (3)
I think New vs KWS will be a great game to watch to see how good Kinross may be this year. Last year KWS 16A were equal first with Auggies, not sure how good the year 12 age group would be though. Is Newington supposed to have a good team this year? Will they be fielding a full strength team? I reckon it will be close, too hard to tell of a winner at this point not really knowing too much about either of the sides, picking KWS by 5 so ISA can show up GPS.

Apparently, Newington's 1st XV will not have a full team due to injury and sickness and one boy is meant to be making an appearance in Manly u20 holden cup squad?

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)
He is talking about Keith Titmus. Who was played nsw 16s last year from the bench. Not sure if such a wise move from manly putting such bloke especially a prop up to soon. Futons at work. Hook him for life. Typical.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Agreed. I've seen a lot of Keith over the years and he is a good, hard running forward. But he is only 17 this year and should not be thrown in the deep end like this. There is no need to rush him through and it could end very badly.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
who is Auggies playing this week?

St Edmund's Canberra, in Canberra.
However this weather is heading south/west so if enough rain gets dumped on the field by tomorrow night/early Saturday morning the games may be cancelled.
Again.
Like all the other trial games that were meant to happen but got cancelled.

Shitty start to the season for most of the the boys in school teams, and club teams too.

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
Seeing as term break is coming up soon hopefully most teams will play trial games regardless

Homebush Kebab

Frank Row (1)
Pats Trial vs Sydney Grammar - 1st Apr
Pats has a 4 players returning from 2016 and a the rest coming from 2016 2nds and 16A's. I have been told there are some good cricketers amongst them.Coaches are Mr Anthony Calavassey and Mr Andrew Gillies. Team looks like this:

1 Nicholas Toms
2 Alex Skinner
3 Anthony Bartorillo
4 Angus Brunton
5 Anthony Wiseman
6 William Maunder
8. Michael Robinson
7 Connor O'Brien
9 Samuel Cullen
10 Rommanous
12 Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)
13Andrew Clarke
11 Oscar Scmidt Uili
14 Anthony Cherra
15 Leon Frangi
16 George Abdo
17 Jackson Smith

Good luck to the boys and welcome to Sydney Grammar. If your hungry you know were to come.

Pickngo44

Bob McCowan (2)
Pats has a 4 players returning from 2016 and a the rest coming from 2016 2nds and 16A's. I have been told there are some good cricketers amongst them.Coaches are Mr Anthony Calavassey and Mr Andrew Gillies. Team looks like this:

1 Nicholas Toms
2 Alex Skinner
3 Anthony Bartorillo
4 Angus Brunton
5 Anthony Wiseman
6 William Maunder
8. Michael Robinson
7 Connor O'Brien
9 Samuel Cullen
10 Rommanous
12 Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)
13Andrew Clarke
11 Oscar Scmidt Uili
14 Anthony Cherra
15 Leon Frangi
16 George Abdo
17 Jackson Smith

Good luck to the boys and welcome to Sydney Grammar. If your hungry you know were to come.

Glad that St Pats has some good cricketers in there team. Will be very handy when they need to see off the swinging ball early or bowl a few overs this rugby season.

Very excited for another ISA season. As previous posters have alluded to the ISA needs support to make sure that it receives the recognition it deserves compared to the CAS and GPS. The increasing quality of rugby from the schools outside St Augustine's and Oakhill, particularly Stannies and Kinross is very promising for the strength of the competition and also the ISA rep teams.

My early tip is St Augustine's and I can't see that changing. Probably of greater interest is the going to be the battle for positions 2 and 3. I'm predicting Oakhill to be knocked down this year into 4th behind Stannies and Kinross. The road trip over the mountains is rarely successful for the Sydney teams and with the increasing quality and commitment to rugby from the rural schools makes the trip more daunting. I know its a bold prediction Oakhill sliding down to fourth but based on the fact most of their strong 2016 side are now in Sydney Premier Rugby colts programs and the current year 12 group were never as strong as usual Oakhill age groups from 13's to 16's bodes well for the rest of the competition. However, the consistency at which Oakhill has been developing quality rugby players over the past few seasons I may very well have to eat my words.

As for St Pat's I hope that they are able to finally progress out of 5th place, where they have been consistently placed for the last few seasons. A stronger St Pat's would take the ISA to the next level. Losing an Australian schoolboy fly half is not to be underestimated and I'm almost certain St Pats will be reeling from losing such a dominant player. Gun cricketers aside, from the team list above there is a strong year 12 representation. How St Pats plays is a lottery, but if they can turn their annual good game into a biannual or even triannual good game, coupled with some consistent 70 minute performances, they should be able to pressure Oakhill, Stannies and Kinross particularly at Breen Oval.

Whilst our friend has mentioned Pius are champing at bit for some 1st XV action after 'feeding' 2nds teams last year, the play-off between Greg's and Pius will be of great interest, however I can't see either team really challenging for a higher ladder position than 6th. Both schools are more than capable of pulling off a victory as Greg's did last year, its simply the consistency and depth of other schools that will be their downfall.

Would be greatly interested to hear of other 1st Xv squads heading into the trials and also the results. Big ups to Stannies for coming away with a win against Knox, certainly silenced some pundits on the CAS thread. Looking forward to another big season of ISA. Good luck to all teams in Div 1, 2 and 3.

I

insideball23

Glad that St Pats has some good cricketers in there team. Will be very handy when they need to see off the swinging ball early or bowl a few overs this rugby season.

Very excited for another ISA season. As previous posters have alluded to the ISA needs support to make sure that it receives the recognition it deserves compared to the CAS and GPS. The increasing quality of rugby from the schools outside St Augustine's and Oakhill, particularly Stannies and Kinross is very promising for the strength of the competition and also the ISA rep teams.

My early tip is St Augustine's and I can't see that changing. Probably of greater interest is the going to be the battle for positions 2 and 3. I'm predicting Oakhill to be knocked down this year into 4th behind Stannies and Kinross. The road trip over the mountains is rarely successful for the Sydney teams and with the increasing quality and commitment to rugby from the rural schools makes the trip more daunting. I know its a bold prediction Oakhill sliding down to fourth but based on the fact most of their strong 2016 side are now in Sydney Premier Rugby colts programs and the current year 12 group were never as strong as usual Oakhill age groups from 13's to 16's bodes well for the rest of the competition. However, the consistency at which Oakhill has been developing quality rugby players over the past few seasons I may very well have to eat my words.

As for St Pat's I hope that they are able to finally progress out of 5th place, where they have been consistently placed for the last few seasons. A stronger St Pat's would take the ISA to the next level. Losing an Australian schoolboy fly half is not to be underestimated and I'm almost certain St Pats will be reeling from losing such a dominant player. Gun cricketers aside, from the team list above there is a strong year 12 representation. How St Pats plays is a lottery, but if they can turn their annual good game into a biannual or even triannual good game, coupled with some consistent 70 minute performances, they should be able to pressure Oakhill, Stannies and Kinross particularly at Breen Oval.

Whilst our friend has mentioned Pius are champing at bit for some 1st XV action after 'feeding' 2nds teams last year, the play-off between Greg's and Pius will be of great interest, however I can't see either team really challenging for a higher ladder position than 6th. Both schools are more than capable of pulling off a victory as Greg's did last year, its simply the consistency and depth of other schools that will be their downfall.

Would be greatly interested to hear of other 1st Xv squads heading into the trials and also the results. Big ups to Stannies for coming away with a win against Knox, certainly silenced some pundits on the CAS thread. Looking forward to another big season of ISA. Good luck to all teams in Div 1, 2 and 3.

Just have to wait and see who will be contenders at round 1

RugbyDomin8r101

Stan Wickham (3)
He is talking about Keith Titmus. Who was played nsw 16s last year from the bench. Not sure if such a wise move from manly putting such bloke especially a prop up to soon. Futons at work. Hook him for life. Typical.

The kid has dominated the SG Ball season so far, absolute work horse playing full games at prop/lock. Rewarded with a 20s appearance last night and played well, definitely not out of depth. Big future ahead. However will play 3rd XV for New.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
The kid has dominated the SG Ball season so far, absolute work horse playing full games at prop/lock. Rewarded with a 20s appearance last night and played well, definitely not out of depth. Big future ahead. However will play 3rd XV for New.

If Keith Titmus, is playing thirds who is playing in the 1st XV. I can't help getting the impression that New has a quantity depth this year in the open division. Also ISA supporters refer to my GPS Post I give Kinross a well deserved " Pat on the back".

RugbyDomin8r101

Stan Wickham (3)
If Keith Titmus, is playing thirds who is playing in the 1st XV. I can't help getting the impression that New has a quantity depth this year in the open division. Also ISA supporters refer to my GPS Post I give Kinross a well deserved " Pat on the back".

New 1sts are pretty much as predicted earlier on in the GPS thread, however I've been told Keith has been dropped due to his committed to league, which is a massive loss to their forward pack. Any reports from the 1sts New v Kinross game today?

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
Wasn't able to make any games today but heard through the grapevine Barker pumped a weak looking Oakhill side and Pats beat Grammar 36-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.