• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NBA Bounceball

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ha, it is the perfectly punchlined GIF and there is no way I made it boss, no photoshop skills here, or GIF know-how, just 1 tonka toy MS Paint set

90591379-e34a-4c91-9476-7d4161e94c72_zpsiepqvbw1.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Kevin Durant signs for.. THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

414b9ad9-c971-4b33-b9b3-a10269f4e160_zpsqxt3avpk.png

Not those arseholes, KD.
NOT THEM.
FFS.

After all that.

It'd be like Luke Skywalker taking 9 months to defeat the fucking Death Star and then, after not quite succeeding, but coming very close, the very next day after the star wars season ends, Skywalker accepts a very generous cash offer from a certain Death Star United to help reinforce their evil empire ramparts.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Fucking KD is a nice fit. He's poison in the lane, somewhere the GSW are weak. Imagine the looks Curry is going to get when other teams have to actually take an inside threat seriously on defence.

DeadbeatFather

Stan Wickham (3)
Just read tonight on ESPN or some site like that that most "experts" still pick the Warriors to win it all this coming season. Nothing like building up hype. Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving get to the Finals for the first time and beat a good team. No respect. None. Zero. The truth is that were Bogut playing in game 7 it would have been different. No interior defense yet again this year in Golden State as Bogut moves on to a team that doesn't think it has changed the NBA so wants interior defenders. 80-win season coming up in Golden State Land, but in the playoffs, well, other teams will attack the basket without any worries of having their skulls crushed. Stats mean nothing when one's head is forever changed. Weird world that "experts" racket.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Can't agree with you there Deadbeat. The Warriors were a bee's dick away from winning the title this year, and have now added one of the league's top 3 players to their team.

They are undoubtedly stronger. Yes teams will attack them from the inside, but they can survive that. And then smash you with their offence, which will be all-time.

DeadbeatFather

Stan Wickham (3)
I can understand why you wrote that, but I would hope the game against Australia showed you why I wrote what I wrote. Of course, I wrote what I did before the game. GSW beat Lebron and some guys two years ago. Klay Thomspon and Kevin Durant needed a lot of help to beat Australia, which, to be fair, could rank basketball as sport number 13 in terms of importance just after having a few tinnies while watching women's tennis. I'll believe the hype after the playoffs next year in the NBA. Defending the paint, which Australia did, is always key. Oh yes, GSW can shoot the lights out, but there is only one ball. Now, of course, it has to be shared among three shooters who have never won anything against a great team. Defense is how one wins against great teams. As long as Steph Curry has nobody behind him to block shots, you can be certain that other teams will be glad to isolate him and score. Same goes for Klay Thompson. He strikes no fear into anybody who has offensive firepower. Losing three straight against Cleveland is a sign of things to come with or without Kevin Durant, whose competitive drive better improve if he is to take on a Lebron James led-team in the Finals. The weak effort in two of the last three games against Golden State does not bode well for Kevin Durant. Yes, he will score, but will he defend against guys like Kevin Love and Tristian Thompson. Even in the West there should be some teams that challenge GSW in the post-season such as San Antonio and the Clippers. No coronation coming. The league is much stronger than in Jordan's era so I enjoy the playoffs, which is when teams start to play 48 minutes. I have no idea why Golden State went for the regular season record last year, but it sure did not help in the playoffs. The mental errors in the Finals were critical to understanding why beating up weak teams does not prepare a team for playing against disciplined teams who can lose and put it behind them. Kevin Durant gave up on a team that featured him on offense. I can't see how that bodes well in the end for Golden State. When he starts chasing guys down to block shots, well, the entire league will be put on notice. I'll believe the hype after six or seven of those types of efforts. The fact remains that it is unlikely to happen. I picked GSW to lose last year in the Finals. People laughed at me. No problem. This year, I reckon, more people will laugh at me, but I am reminded of Miami, which had its window of opportunity with three players that are better than Golden State's top three. Let's see how Kevin Durant fits in and defends. Of course he can score thirty points a game, but so could World B. Free!

DeadbeatFather

Stan Wickham (3)
Fucking KD is a nice fit. He's poison in the lane, somewhere the GSW are weak. Imagine the looks Curry is going to get when other teams have to actually take an inside threat seriously on defence.
KD is a pure jump shooter from two-point land. If he were a post-up scorer, then I would be much more in line with your thinking. I am trying to understand why people are so impressed with this move. Who cares if KD scores thirty a game if Klay and Step have fewer shots? Golden State did not suffer from lack of offense. It suffered from lack of defense when it really mattered. And who let them down? Steph and Klay. Kyrie Irving makes a mockery of both of them game after game in the Finals. How is Kevin Durant going to change that? He does not have a history of game-changing blocks and chasing down point guards. I feel like this move to get Kevin Durant might be part of a larger plan to trade Klay for a shot-blocking forward, who is bigger than Draymond Green, and and an efficient three-point shooter like Steve Kerr was who does not want the ball all the time like Klay does. You will think that I am crazy, but a combination like that seems much more likely to win against top teams for years than two guards and a forward deciding who to blame on defense while hiffing three-pointers on Philadelphia in order to meet their performance bonuses. Miami got it sorted on offense and defense with much better two-way players. I like Kevin Durant a lot. He is, in fact, my favourite player in the NBA. I want him to win a title. It seems to me, though, that what Golden State gave up the very players to have the money to pay him that were the right parts needed to help him win. I hope to be wrong. Who wants to be the coach telling Steph and Klay to stop shooting from Disneyland and get the ball to Kevin Durant instead? Not me. "Hey, he joined OUR team. He can get his own shots." It will never be said, but chemistry isn't going to be happen overnight. Steve Kerr will have to up his game yet again.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
dont know what the feeling on the ground is there in Jesusland but ya gotta factor in that the Warriors could this season become the most hated team in NBA history.

After the first couple of weeks rubber-necking, I’m guessing the majority of arenas are going to excoriate these death star, yuppie yupp, daddy was in the nba too, let's-just-size-us-up-for-rings-now motherfuckers. Along with media etc. By the end of 82 games the players’ll be thinking “fuck me, we’re 77 and 5, but haven’t actually won anything yet, and outside of our little white internet wanker sanctuary here at Oracle everyone worldwide thinks we’re total c**ts.”

Gotta play on their minds.

Everyone wants to be loved!
When he starts chasing guys down to block shots, well, the entire league will be put on notice. I'll believe the hype after six or seven of those types of efforts.

When KD started looking for blocks vs GS, the OKC Thunder suddenly morphed into Armageddon on Stilts. Guessing though, he knew at his age, he couldnt maintain that as well as run amok on offense, for even half of 82 games. Hence, simpered out for easy option, who me, just another guy on the bus, ring please.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
They will be hated, but apart from Draymond they have no particularly hate-able players.

People will definitely be cheering them to lose, but I can't see them being pelted with bottles and abuse.

DeadbeatFather

Stan Wickham (3)
KD is going to be hated by many, sadly. No sense in it, but with guys like MJ, Bird, and Thomas (Isaiah) still shaking their heads about Lebron going to Miami there is a strong sense of "beat them, don't join them" among many NBA fans. And KD, had he played better in one of the last three games, could have beaten Golden State. People don't forget that. Also, folks already wonder about his "word" as it were. And there is some wondering to be done about his word. Westbrook backed up his words and signed on before he even tested free agency. It made the situation around the league even worse for KD. Oh well, the daggers are out. And should KD and Klay fail to win a gold medal, which is not out of the question, the pack will be looking for them over the next four years...

DeadbeatFather

Stan Wickham (3)
The NBA coaches love to talk about "complete level" these days. Well, I doubt that any of those coaches has a clue what kind of intensity there will be for Serbia vs. Croatia tomorrow in the Olympics. Portland vs. Toronto? Yeah, not going to make anybody take up arms.

DeadbeatFather

Stan Wickham (3)
Got home last night to watch Australia play Serbia. Never have cared much for Serbia's type of play. Couldn't care less now. Good coach Serbia has I grudgingly admit. I feel bad for Australia. Of course you have to make shots, but the game plan wasn't working in the 1st quarter so why continue with it for two and a half more quarters hoping the three-ball falls? Worst coaching job I have seen since I last coached a women's team to a drubbing deep in the Horn of Africa. I did have a bounce back game, though, that day that stopped me from slitting my wrists. So I have great hopes for Australia in the bronze-medal game. No 4th this time, I hope. May it be a bronze at long last. Spain and Australia for the bronze. It looks more like an NBA game, not the dirty play that crap international refs let people get away with in the Olympics that helps Serbia and hurts teams such as Australia and Spain. Still, just stunned by the shockingly bad officiating in both semi-final games yesterday. I went out to watch the USA versus Spain. It was, I think, more intense than an NBA game. Adam Silver could have learned something from that game--send NBA refs to do the Olympics. It will do more for the sport than sending pro players. Just a guess!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Playoffs underway, thank god, 82-game pedestrian exhibition season twaddle of I score you score tedium finally in the rear view. Cavs lurch into playoffs after having massive reg season piss about.

Saw gm 1 vs Pacers, Cavs snuck home but still have D issues in the paint. Love and Channing Frye in there aint stopping dick. Always enjoy watching Jeff Teague play, so smooth, those free throws, the shooting touch, he just seems to let the ball go out of his hands and it wafts off, seemingly on invisible rails, off into the net. Too bad the poor bony wee 70 kg midge had to try and guard LEBRON at the other goddamn end.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Screw the Cavs, go the Bucks! Started really getting into the NBA this season because I started listening to the podcasts, and enjoy the content (take note rugby). Finding a team to follow has been hard, but since about December decided on the Bucks, and enjoying the ride since. Great to see the Greek Freak and Thon do well against the Raptors. Don't think this is their year, but watch out in two or three years time!
Don't know if any team will beat the Dubs though for the ring though.

Continually searching for the best coffee, beer and rugby

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm on the Bucks bandwagon as well. Was a Warriors fan from about 2012 but had to switch when they just became too hard to support.

So before this season I decided on the Bucks. Very happy with the decision, they're a fun team to watch and have done really well to get to the Finals without Jabari. Can't see them getting past Toronto, even with the good start yesterday. But if Giannis can keep going like that, who knows.......

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Celtics vs Bulls. Wow, Bulls nicked gm 1? All the big names there, Wade, Butler, Rondo, maybe they’ll click? Or maybe they’ll disintegrate into their reg season slackarse quit-on-the-coach and isn’t-Butler-a-c**t scenario. Maybe they tanked to miss Cavs in Rd 1 and get the Celts? If so, a master class in tanking given how they only skated into the playoffs at all by the skin of a flea’s dick

Cavaliers vs Pacers. Lebo and the boys wont even need to sort out their shonky D for these bums, god there are some shit teams in the east. 4-0 sweep.

Raptors vs Bucks. Raptors can suck it, never liked em. Derozan’s ego should see them home here but man the Bucks are fun to watch. Just fucken huge. Giannis takes 2 steps from midcourt to dunk

Wizards vs Hawks. JWall to go berko here but will BBeal? Every time I watch he’s either on fire looking almost worth his ginormous salary or fucken vanishing for 30 minutes at a time.

Warriors vs Portland Trail Blazers. GO THE JAIL BLAZERS!! haha fucken shitshow here. Hopefully cock-hungry panto villain Draymond suffers a groin strain all over his face

Spurs vs Memphis Grizzlies. Just watched Spurs canter to 2 and 0. Sweep here. Aldridge might need to wake the fuck up if theyre to have any show vs the yuppie yupp Super Friends League of Superwanker Warriors

Rockets vs Thunder. God the Thunder are shit. Once Westbrook leaves they’ll be lottery team shitgristle. Pulling for the Rockets to go all the way and topple the Death Star warrior wankers

Clippers vs Jazz. Gobert went down? FUCKED. Jazz can’t just leave it all up to a cracker. Not in 2017. Cock-mangling C.Paul thru to round 2.