• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9: Waratahs v Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Anyone else think the Kings 6 was lucky to escape with a yellow? Surely the judicial officer will have a look ar that

Lähetetty minun NEM-L21 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
He was bound. Issue for me is whether he entered originally correctly.
I think it was ok. If it was in the side how would he be square with the ruck and have his foot square with the ruck and kick the ball directly towards his try line?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Leg should always go over the tackled player, never around the tackled player.

Happy for that to be paid in every game I ever watch, regardless if it costs Box Hill, Glasgow, the Rebels, the Rising or Scotland the game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I think it was no Way enough for a card. I dint even see the penalty but maybe if he got it wrong a penalty would be ok. A card? That's all

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
To be consider part of a ruck you need to be bound with the arm and shoulder in contact. When he kicked it he was not bound.
Yep, I agree. To come through the middle of a ruck, (or collapsed ruck), you need to be bound. Resting a hand on the back is not enough

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think it was ok. If it was in the side how would he be square with the ruck and have his foot square with the ruck and kick the ball directly towards his try line?

Need to see a wider view to see the angles. My beef is with Hoff giving made-up explanations for penalties. It doesn't inspire confidence that he knows what's going on.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
The fact that the ref missed that initial yellow is ridiculous, the fact that the crowd was allowed to subsequently influence the refs decision is even worse

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The fact that the ref missed that initial yellow is ridiculous, the fact that the crowd was allowed to subsequently influence the refs decision is even worse

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It fits in with the general theme of what's going on out there.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Even Kafer and Kearns are struggling to come up with positives.

This is so bad that Kafer has shelved his usual pathological hatred of the Waratahs and now it appears that he's sorry for us.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The first 20 was some of the worst rugby I've seen in a long time

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
I also feel that Hoff wanted to card someone. He had warned them one more penalty and they'll get yellow, but the next penalty was a softish one on Hooper and he showed he didn't want to card for a semi high tackle, so went hard on Hanigan.
Yes, I had a laugh at that, because he was the guest speaker at a recent refs meeting (straight after his crusaders v force game), and he said "never say next penalty goes to the bin" as you paint yourself into a corner

Status
Not open for further replies.