• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

You wouldnt be soothing my sensitivities, you'd be getting rid of your own obvious spin on it and achieving what you want to achieve which is understandable.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Funny how in previous years when GPS dominated pre season trials, no-one ever suggested that posters take it elsewhere. How attitudes change when the results are not what some people want.

Sideline, suggest we just continue discussion of trials on the CAS thread. All GPS supporters are welcome to do so also - win, lose or draw.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Funny how in previous years when GPS dominated pre season trials, no-one ever suggested that posters take it elsewhere. How attitudes change when the results are not what some people want.

Pot, Kettle, Black C&P!....

The results of the trials have been interesting and both Knox and Waverly have clearly done a great job preparing their teams for their upcoming comp but i for one will be much more interested next year if and when there is a proper competition in place but until then I will continue to view trials as what they are......an opportunity for coaches to test combinations, players and game plans before the comp starts

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Why do you feel the need to continually post provocative statements which seemed designed only to annoy others? I've even noticed over on the CAS thread that you've openly encouraged people to come over here and stir the pot.

I don't go over on to the CAS thead and post such comments.

I don't think it's any coincidence that many regular posters on this thread aren't posting at the moment.

If you want to snipe at GPS schools or the GPS thread, maybe you could do that somewhere else.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Why do you feel the need to continually post provocative statements which seemed designed only to annoy others? I've even noticed over on the CAS thread that you've openly encouraged people to come over here and stir the pot.

I don't go over on to the CAS thead and post such comments.

I don't think it's any coincidence that many regular posters on this thread aren't posting at the moment.

If you want to snipe at GPS schools or the GPS thread, maybe you could do that somewhere else.

Where have I sniped at GPS schools of the GPS thread in general? I think you'll find I have always given credit to the GPS teams for being well turned out and playing hard, entertaining rugby. Having seen some of the gloating that has taken place in the past when GPS schools have dominated I do find it hypocritical to suggest that all discussion be taken elsewhere when CAS schools do well. These trials involve GPs teams so why would they not be discussed on the GPS thread?

As to inciting others to come here and create havoc, I'd appreciate an example. That has certainly never been my intention. Anyway, I'm happy to have discussion continue on the CAS thread.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
To stir discussion along, based on results to date I am now prepared to make my first forecasts for the thirds comp:
  1. Joeys
  2. Grammar
  3. TAS
  4. Kings
  5. Scots
  6. View
  7. Shore
  8. High

S

sidelineview

Sideline, suggest we just continue discussion of trials on the CAS thread. All GPS supporters are welcome to do so also - win, lose or draw.

No, I think the new thread is a good idea, as well as posting on the CAS forum.

It's been a big disruption to ''normal'' broadcasting
and besides that we know CAS is superior. haha
That was only a joke by the way.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
To stir discussion along, based on results to date I am now prepared to make my first forecasts for the thirds comp:
  1. Joeys
  2. Grammar
  3. TAS
  4. Kings
  5. Scots
  6. View
  7. Shore
  8. High
Interesting to note that Newington 3rds beat Riverview 3rds last week. (Which makes the decision not to have Newington in the 3rds competition even more silly than first thought). They've beaten Riverview and would most certainly be better than High.

Ricey

Frank Row (1)
Full credit to Waverley on a comprehensive performance against Joeys.

Joeys was outplayed in the 1st half and suffered from losing a Flanker & Back early on due to a head clash / collision while making a heavy tackle.

It was 30-7 at 1/2 time.

To Joeys credit (in my opinion) they adjusted their game for Waverley's style of play and it was much closer in the 2nd 1/2 - 14 points a piece.

Waverley's pack suffered from the loss of their Number 3 who started the game with a groin injury and did not look well when being assisted from the field early in the 2nd 1/2.

My 2 cents worth as a Joeys Supporter.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
  1. Joeys
  2. Grammar
  3. TAS
  4. Kings
  5. Scots
  6. View
  7. Shore
  8. High
I have heard grammar are weak this year. Joeys to dominate as usual

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
A big sigh of relief for the Scots faithful at Lane Cove today.
After a dismal performance last week against Joeys.....normal service was resumed.
49-7 was a fair reflection of the game.
Scots dominated across the park.
Riverview were under pressure in the set pieces and simply unable to contain the larger Scots backs Savala's return at fly half made a world of difference releasing Smith and Yassmin to run over, through and around the opposition.
Yassmin again grabbed a couple and will be a handful for all comers this year.
In the pack Williams and Bours at second row were strong in the set piece and combined beautifully in the second half for a rampaging try that had the Scots supporters on their feet and the bagpipes playing.
Breen in the front row was rock solid, Harris at number 8 all over the park with an excellent work rate.
The season is shaping nicely.
It will be an interesting match up next week against Knox.

Scots were very good yesterday but were they flattered by a poor Riverview team today? I think Riverview will struggle this year on that performance unless the smoke screen of the trials is their go.

Status
Not open for further replies.