• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force (Brisbane) Friday 26 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Time to eat some humble pie. Brache had a blinder, I didn't see one dumb error and a lot of spectacular takes. Mea culpa.

Agreed - but that's the issue, isn't it? One blinder, then one debacle.

That's a conversation for another day - he played great tonight, great under the high ball as well. Hands were much better than usual.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I have to say I am incredibly disappointed! I sat down to watch game, as a Cane's fan who has Reds as my Aussie team (where I live) and was hoping to see Force play a better game than last week in a honourable loss. As I listened to comments before game and heard Stiles say Reds didn't respect Force in first game, I made remark to wife that sounded like Stiles was disrespecting Force saying they weren't good enough to win. By halftime I was getting frustrated by Reds seemingly inability to really take a game by the scruff of the neck and put it away. By the end I was just pissed at watching a team who simply seem bereft of ideas and real desire!! I also thought the Force deserved credit as they gave it everything, and by gee young Ruru/old Grant combo lead them around field well.
Conclusion is I think Reds have got huge problems, their good young players, Tui, Fagaase etc are probably looking even better than they are because of the disappointing senior players around them. I not convinced coaching staff has to many clues, and that includes Thorn ( who I loved as a player but,I have always said doesn't sound like he got a coach's brain). I think this season might cost the Reds a lot in support and hence money etc!!

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
After reflecting on this game overnight I think I've come to the conclusion that I am getting very close to the tipping point with my love for the Reds.

If the ARU announced today that they were cutting the Reds from the comp next year I think I would be ok with that.

Reds have barely been turning up for so many years now, what's the difference anyway.

At least we'll always have the memories of 2011.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Yeh Bois! Fuck yeh. Some days are Good. Got a good bag of bream and now a win for the boys!
a527edb727c4efce6df44cad0d4cde58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Did that fish come with a label on it?

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
After reflecting on this game overnight I think I've come to the conclusion that I am getting very close to the tipping point with my love for the Reds.

If the ARU announced today that they were cutting the Reds from the comp next year I think I would be ok with that.

Reds have barely been turning up for so many years now, what's the difference anyway.

At least we'll always have the memories of 2011.
I must say I honestly didn't care about last night's loss at all. A first

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It was a joke. One of the fish in the net looks like it has a pink label on it. :D
Haha nah. I literally the packet of plastics I used. My sponsor.

Had a good session around the narrows yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
I liked the way they finally added a little diversity in their backline moves. Instead of repeatedly running the same "out the back" / second line move, they started using the short option, which proved effective. Much less predictable - other sides were picking this off and shutting it down. Great variation, and another nice set piece try came from it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
6 years ago there'd be 20 or 30 Reds fans still posting at midnight here after a home game - at 10:30pm tonight I feel like the last bloke throwing out the empty bottles from a party no one really wanted to attend.

Have we had the obligatory blame the ref presser from Stiles yet?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Has he done that much? I remember the Tahs game obviously. Were there others?

It looked like sour grapes and diversionary excuse-making to many of us at the time and worse was to follow as Stiles has now committed the 'almost always correlates with HC failure-on-the-way' syndrome of post-match public player and team blaming, post match calling out individual players in a negative and critical manner and related stuff.

A seriously bad mistake for an HC and it will no nothing but denude team morale which is clearly already uncertain and shaky as rendered in the way the team is playing.

Stiles is looking more and more rattled and manifestly out of his depth.

He was completely out-coached by Wessels and Wessels' way more experienced team of Assistants despite 'our QLD is a heartland of rugby and rugby coaching skill' vs the far smaller microcosm of talent and other geographic limitations that is the rugby base of the Western Force.

Having to endure the most horrendous, unsettling, demotivating of ARU-driven culling debacles, how the Force could come to Suncorp and win so convincingly vs Reds (with mostly no-names and journeymen whereas the Reds are comparatively 'star-studded') is both

(a) a great credit to them and Wessels et al and equally

(b) an appalling indictment of the QRU's judgment and supposedly elite rugby management and coaching infrastructure.

(NB: (b) above is of course a known and proven fact based upon all but 2 years of the past 10-15 years of QRU conduct.)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
RH, what would you think if Laurie Fisher was made director of coaching?
I would advocate moving heaven and earth to secure Wayne Smith & Matt Taylor. Or @ least Matty Taylor

Torp - there is no doubt that a radical change in the QRU's entire approach to HC and Assistant HC recruitment and development is required and with absolute urgency. (The real crowd at Friday's game was probably c. 7,000 and this is QRU-survival-scary, as is the alarming Reds crowd trend overall.)

I don't think LF as HC would necessarily work. I would like him involved somehow, but not in that role.

I would prefer an international appointment - as you infer as a type of Coaching Director with all-of-system oversight - say potentially someone quite senior from a non-Aus team that has clearly built sound systems of coaching and player development such as say Saracens.

Things have only ever improved with and for the QRU and elite pro QLD rugby when hard-driving change agents with clear authority are brought in from sources totally divorced from QLD rugby, historically and culturally. (Once the QRU resources principally from its wide coterie of mates and 'good QLD rugby men' things almost always go downhill again precisely as happened post-Link.)

This typically only occurs after the QRU has induced serious and exclusively self-made crises reflecting as always its infamous (and obvious) inbred, nepotistic, self-perserving-not-stakeholder-protecting culture and where such crises force immediate radical change to stave off bankruptcy.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Nothing left to say about this diabolically fucking useless Reds outfit.

On the other hand the Force are fucking awsome. They play for each other, they clearly have a respect for their coach, they have had the balls to punt on a young coach and even bigger balls for having a genuine go at changing their game. These fuckers have a great attitude towards their rugby. It's a far cry from the shit on the other side of the country.

If we want to start putting a bit of fucking pride back in the Wallaby jersey, we best start looking towards the Force when selecting for the test season.

Rugby in this country is a fucking disgrace and the only positive thing we have at the moment is the Western Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.