• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Unpopular opinion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The ARU refuses to finance it because the cost is siphoned from the joint media income pool, isn't it?

Which makes us comparatively better off financially. Let us give credit where it is due?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The ARU refuses to finance it because the cost is siphoned from the joint media income pool, isn't it?

Which makes us comparatively better off financially. Let us give credit where it is due?

doesn't that depends on who "us" is - I don't feel like an "us", anyway why aren't you running the new setup I organised for you?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It was the exact same concept. Kevin Hardwick was described as the most average player in the NSWRL so players could be rated in terms of Hardwick. Benny Elias would be 8 Hardwicks. Scott Gale would be 4.

It was suggested that Tom Carter was the most average player in Australian Super Rugby and we could do the same.

Unpopular as it may be, I think it still has merit!
Tom has retired. We should move on to the Brache

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tom has retired. We should move on to the Brache

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Or the Volavola.

Bernard Foley, Kurtley Beale and DHP are 3.5, 3.3 and 3.0 Volavola's respectively.

Which begs the question:

How many Volavola's is a Brache, or vice versa?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't want conferences, and I don't want more derbies. Playing the Reds and the Rebels a second time this season means far less to me than an opportunity to play the Stormers, Cheetahs, Bulls, or, hell, even the Sunwolves. I want to see the Hurricanes play the Lions and the Sharks, not have rematches against the Crusaders and Chiefs.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
And if there aren't any Aussie teams in the top eight based on points, of course they shouldn't have a finals spot. Same for that nonsense in 2015 when the Sharks "finished 3rd" even though they should have been 7th.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
And if there aren't any Aussie teams in the top eight based on points, of course they shouldn't have a finals spot. Same for that nonsense in 2015 when the Sharks "finished 3rd" even though they should have been 7th.

Unless you have a single round, round robin I don't think you can make the the finals first past the post.

If you have a conference system, conference winners will make the playoffs and host a final.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
With only five rounds the AAGPS Rugby Competition should be renamed the AAGPS Rugby Festival.

It could be all done and dusted over a single weekend of rugby.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hugh Jase is gone and will never be seen in this place again.

It's only an opinion and I don't think it's popular.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
But all the coaches, pretty much, are form the respective grade comps - so they're not unknown.
has anyone one of them graduated from NRC to something higher in its short life? That surely is the test of whether its going anything for our coaching stock.
I like the idea of the NRC - not sure how you can give credit to BP for it when the ARU refuses to finance it.
A more accurate unpopular opinion would be that the NRC is as good as it is despite BP.
i think its implementation is poor but i support the concept.

Isn't Nick Stiles an NRC graduate as a coach?

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
This may not be an unpopular opinion;
Unless Super Rugby gets some FTA coverage then the ARU have completely neglected their jobs.
It could be a chicken / egg scenario but no FTA is smothering the game in Australia.
Cheika and the Wallabies outperformed at the RWC15 by making the final, given the size of the game in Australia the Wallabies put together a huge tournament.

All of these comments are meant to be taken as a whole and not as individual ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.