• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
A Very ordinary Display of crowd behaviour at the end of the 2Blues Wests game this afternoon. What was looking like a great afternoon of club rugby with families with little kids all watching the close encounter.
This quickly turned into an absolute sh*tfight with a few out of control lower grade Parra players jumping fences to join an onfield "scuffle", I felt for the hardworking 2Blues volunteers who where trying their best with the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there and would like to get a MTBs prospective on events.
But what happens when a lower grade player strikes an on file 1st grader during the game?
Ref did nothing? Also two blues players telling fans to F off during game within earshot of kids and lower grade players genrally being areseholes
Not the usual welcome from Merrylands today
Sad days if that has gone, hope it was a blip from an otherwise wonderful host in the past
I should add wests replacement caused it and got deserved red card
Two blues also got red but twenty odd fans and replacements ran on and punches were thrown

Behaviour from both clubs lower graders wasn't what is expected and the Two Blues will be sanctioning those who got involved in the scuffle as I'm sure Wests will. The whole incident is on video and will be dealt with by the clubs.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Referee can only admonish participating players in the game with regards to on-field sanctions (such as penalty, Yellow, Red, etc.) if the safety of the game is affected by outside influences (such as what it sounds like has happened here), can halt the game and ask the assistance of ground marshals, security, etc. to deal with non-players. I'm sure Respect Rugby reports will be filled out regarding this incident, and punishment will be handed out (particularly if it's on video).

The referee can admonish anyone he sees fit I thought.

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
I saw a report in one of the news feeds on the weekend - rugby news or rugby.com or another - mentioning the Norths v Eastwood result. Referred to a "shock loss" for Norths. How is that so?! With 3 Eastwood grade teams now at 2nd place on their respective ladders, the fourth team in 3rd position, and Eastwood topping he club championship nearly all season, how does that qualify as a shock loss? Other reports earlier in the season have referred to an "upset win" when the woods get up or a "poor performance" by the team they beat. What is it with this narrative around Eastwood that fails to give them credit where credit's due??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I saw a report in one of the news feeds on the weekend - rugby news or rugby.com or another - mentioning the Norths v Eastwood result. Referred to a "shock loss" for Norths. How is that so?! With 3 Eastwood grade teams now at 2nd place on their respective ladders, the fourth team in 3rd position, and Eastwood topping he club championship nearly all season, how does that qualify as a shock loss? Other reports earlier in the season have referred to an "upset win" when the woods get up or a "poor performance" by the team they beat. What is it with this narrative around Eastwood that fails to give them credit where credit's due??
Journalists never let facts get in the way of a story.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure that a win over Norths is quite as difficult this year, with all due respect to the Shoremen.

Suspect things will be different when Simon Cron returns. Norths also seem to be down on some troops. reckon they will be a different side in the late stages of the comp.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Suspect things will be different when Simon Cron returns. Norths also seem to be down on some troops. reckon they will be a different side in the late stages of the comp.

I agree. Norths looked disjointed against Randwick but when they got going they looked very dangerous. Also thought their large winger was better than his more fancied opponent.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Player points are now up on the NSWRU website (Fusesport App).
Not sure how correct they are (ie some players have zero points and some colts' totals are above the allowance o_O), but at least they're now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.