• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
haha, ref Gardner shut down Lions rolling maul pretty quick. "Red 4 collapsed it" whyFt would he do that? By the way, wft was that whole match? Lions on attack barely even wanted to know. That last Baba's rolling maul was only 5 metres out from winning them the goddamn game. Fulltime pro superstars with support staff of 48 vs Hemi & Rangi and that bloke from outside the chip shop.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Based on that performance, the Lions are in for a long, long tour

I wouldn't base too much on that game. That was a team of mainly young fellas that gave it everything, and although they were just thrown together it was Lion's first game so I will give them a little space.
Unfortunately I remember the best Lions team I ever saw were the 71 team that lost a match in Aus on the way over!!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Assuming most of the forwards missing from Apia are playing, I'm feeling a lot better about the Blues match. If they're that flat again on Wednesday -- a distinct possibility if Gatland rotates in the new arrivals -- then the Blues could jailbreak their way to a win. Or they could completely Chernobyl it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
then the Blues could jailbreak their way to a win. Or they could completely Chernobyl it.
Auckland Blues Law of Inverse Expectations maintains that if a tree falls in an empty forest AFTER someone expects it to then a Blue Hole will open up and siphon all hopes and dreams into its vortex of gravitational pull resulting in a cataclysmic loss of all motor functions for all Blues players, hello, Blues lose by 50.

Therefore, the answer to The Blue Law equation is -50.

All modesty aside, I may as well start rafting from the Pitcairns to Stockholm to accept my Nobel Prize for Physics right fucking now.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Auckland Blues Law of Inverse Expectations maintains that if a tree falls in an empty forest AFTER someone expects it to then a Blue Hole will open up and siphon all hopes and dreams into its vortex of gravitational pull resulting in a cataclysmic loss of all motor functions for all Blues players, hello, Blues lose by 50.

Therefore, the answer to The Blue Law equation is -50.

All modesty aside, I may as well start rafting from the Pitcairns to Stockholm to accept my Nobel Prize for Physics right fucking now.

If you were any good at physics, you'd take the worm hole option.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

Expecting to see most of the guys who were rested for this one, having played Euro SF's the week before, run on v Bloos who're a pretty good chance of knocking them over IMO & despite Dismal's wormhole theory.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That was a rabble Lions performance and they will get better. Though the blueprint is clearly out for the pro sides to knock 'em over.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
In the last decade, NH rugby has advanced in cms, NZ rugby in ms.

As the Australia Super teams have experienced.

That truth will be where the tale is told.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
For mine, I think Henderson, Wyn Jones and Sexton made clear cases as to why they should be outside the 23, and Warburton, Joseph and Hogg weren't significantly better.

Bit more time together, and getting those first 3 out the side should help. Outside those positions, O'Stander, Henshaw and Daly getting a lot of gametime would help too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions Tour Diary. Day 3.

MUMMY. STOP. THE SAVAGES HAVE AMBUSHED US. STOP. MUMMY PLEASE SEND REINFORCEMENT TOILED TISSUE AS I APPEAR TO HAVE SHAT MYSELF. STOP. THE LAVATORY TISSUE HERE IS OF A DREADFUL CONSISTENCY. STOP. MUMMY I WAS RATHER SURPRISED TO SEE THAT MY BILLET HOSTS HEMI AND RANGI WERE ACTUALLY PLAYING IN THE FIRST RUGGER MATCH. STOP. MUMMY, DURING THE MATCH FATHER RANGI REFERRED TO JEEVES OF HOUSE BALLCOCK AS AND I QUOTE A "C**T". STOP. MUMMY, WHAT’S A C**T? STOP.

PS MUMMY PLEASE ALSO SEND ME MORE REPLACEMENT KAFTANS AS HEMI HAS TAKEN TO USING MY ENTIRE SUITCASE FULL OF THEM AS HIS OWN PERSONAL DISPOSABLE TOILET TISSUE.

HUGS AND KISSES. STOP.

-TARQS.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Blues named for Lions.

2017/2018 designated Messiah Stephen Perofeta (Perofuture) named at 10.

Full strength (including All Blacks) except for Collins at 15.... who I assume has some sort of leverage or blackmail scheme on Tana..... it seems to be the only sort of reasonable explanation for his continued selection.

Blues: 15.Michael Collins, 14. Matt Duffie, 13. George Moala, 12. Sonny Bill Williams/ TJ Faiane, 11. Rieko Ioane, 10. Stephen Perofeta, 9. Augustine Pulu, 8. Steve Luatua, 7. Blake Gibson, 6. Akira Ioane, 5. Scott Scrafton, 4. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 3. Charlie Faumuina, 2. James Parsons (c), 1. Ofa Tu'ungafasi.
Reserves: 16.Hame Faiva, 17. Alex Hodgman, 18. Sione Mafileo, 19. Patrick Tuipulotu, 20. Kara Pryor, 21. Sam Nock, 22. Ihaia West, 23. TJ Faiane/Melani Nanai.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Big call to give Perofeta his first start in such a big game & probably shows how far West has fallen in Tana's view. Wouldn't be surprised if he's got his agent looking into opportunities elsewhere.