• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I was out last night had so many people say they changed from watching the test match to watching the SS and stay watching the SS.

would love to know the ratings, and see it compared to last year on a graph round by round.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I was out last night had so many people say they changed from watching the test match to watching the SS and stay watching the SS.

would love to know the ratings, and see it compared to last year on a graph round by round.

We watched the SS, Dave.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I recorded both as I was at McKay Oval to watch Wicks v Easts. Have to say both SS games were more enjoyable and higher quality rugby than the test. How can full time professional (highly paid) rugby players make so many dumb mistakes? The dumbest of all was Folau's quick throw in. That should have disqualified him from being player-of-the-match IMO.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I recorded both as I was at McKay Oval to watch Wicks v Easts. Have to say both SS games were more enjoyable and higher quality rugby than the test. How can full time professional (highly paid) rugby players make so many dumb mistakes? The dumbest of all was Folau's quick throw in. That should have disqualified him from being player-of-the-match IMO.

Also watched Wix V Beasties. The forward battle was ferocious - both sides beat the crap out of each other. Reece Robinson was the difference IMO - boy has he got jet shoes. Very entertaining game - much more enjoyable/tribal/colourful/passionate than that stuff they play in stadiums. Onwards & upwards for the Shute Shield.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Also watched Wix V Beasties. The forward battle was ferocious - both sides beat the crap out of each other. Reece Robinson was the difference IMO - boy has he got jet shoes. Very entertaining game - much more enjoyable/tribal/colourful/passionate than that stuff they play in stadiums. Onwards & upwards for the Shute Shield.

Certainly agree about Robinson. His pace, self-belief and ability to find gaps where none seem to exist remind me (a bit!) of Campo. Hope the Tahs continue to leave him out of their team so he can play with the Wicks!

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Easts financially hard done by this year on their home oval but showing plenty of character in keeping 4 teams on the paddock and playing on a surface no wallaby will be allowed to train on.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Last night Randwick and Warringah agreed that their postponed games from 10/6 would be declared draws (all 4 grades) and each club would therefore receive 2 competition points. A great outcome considering the circumstances under which the round was postponed --- well done both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.