• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
A real shame that the ISA Father's don't have as much time to talk up their sons like the CAS ones! What are they doing with themselves, working!! What a bunch of rookies ;)
If you ask me 13 is quiet a lot considering they lost to CHS who lost considerably to GPS
Wrong

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

S

sidelineview

Info about live streaming should be forthcoming, hopefully. It was last year and some people did their match reports from watching the replays.
It worked well. I think the same starting teams last year kept their original jersey numbers? Cant exactly remember

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Have a look at the ISA thread and some extreme comments being posted up there re friend being banned. Division is what is wrong with this sport. People need to wake up and stop being so internally tribal. It is childish and divisive.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lots of posts here suggest gloom and doom at Cranbrook but it's a bit over the top. Remember that Brook has won the Plume Shield outright more recently than, say, Waverley. The current opens were always weak and were always going to struggle. Next year should be better. Cranbrook' slow numbers will always prevent it from being consistently strong. It has good years and bad years. Good work is being done by the staff and there's no need to panic.

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
Info about live streaming should be forthcoming, hopefully. It was last year and some people did their match reports from watching the replays.
It worked well. I think the same starting teams last year kept their original jersey numbers? Cant exactly remember

Regarding Jersey numbers, I believe Combined States are doing things slightly differently this year.

The boys who have been selected from the state of NSW will get the starting Jersey when versing NSW teams and the boys selected from the state of QLD will get the starting Jersey when versing QLD teams

The coaches will then decide depending on previous form (injuries) the boys to wear the starting jerseys for trial game versing Victoria, ending with their best 1st 15 players for the finals.

1. CS V QLD II ( QLD Player starting Jersey

2. CS V NSW I ( NSW Player starting Jersey

3. CS V VIC (To be decided)

4. Finals (To be decided)

Taking into account of course any injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
W
Regarding Jersey numbers, I believe Combined States are doing things slightly differently this year.

The boys who have been selected from the state of NSW will get the starting Jersey when versing NSW teams and the boys selected from the state of QLD will get the starting Jersey when versing QLD teams

The coaches will then decide depending on previous form (injuries) the boys to wear the starting jerseys for trial game versing Victoria, ending with their best 1st 15 players for the finals.

1. CS V QLD II ( QLD Player starting Jersey

2. CS V NSW I ( NSW Player starting Jersey

3. CS V VIC (To be decided)

4. Finals (To be decided)

Taking into account of course any injuries.

What an exceptionally sensible decision this is. I predict big things for the CS team, and their administration is already deserving of higher honours

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
66968457c3a44b0a9e3070a1f3cd9958.jpg

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Note the CAS first played a international against Irish schools that year. I recall Dave Lang and Paul Whittaker in that side. Paul's son a Ben is assistant coach at Barker these days.. Waverley had a cracking side . The Burke bros and Tim Kava amongst others...

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
For the record Waverley won the 2nds to share the title with Knox and Barker while Barker won the 1sts to win comp outright.

S

sidelineview

Thanks Rod, very interesting.
Barker must have had a good team to beat that Waverley side containing 5 Australian Schoolboys

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Dave Lang made the NSW2 that year but the thing that the Barker team had was no weakness. Every player was strong in their respective position. They were relentless. Error free. The 2nds were the same. I like to think the reason we lost was I was taken off to PoW hospital with a broken and dislocated shoulder 25 min into the 1st half when we were leading by a try, care of my Port Moresby primary school team mate Ovia Oala Rarua who played 2nd and 1sts that day for Waverly. I think Ovia invented the crash ball technique.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Dave Lang made the NSW2 that year but the thing that the Barker team had was no weakness. Every player was strong in their respective position. They were relentless. Error free. The 2nds were the same. I like to think the reason we lost was I was taken off to PoW hospital with a broken and dislocated shoulder 25 min into the 1st half when we were leading by a try, care of my Port Moresby primary school team mate Ovia Oala Rarua who played 2nd and 1sts that day for Waverly. I think Ovia invented the crash ball technique.

Great memories stirred by your wonderful photos.
Thanks Rod.

(PS - just when I was thinking of leaving the CAS pages, this comes along and hooks me again)

Status
Not open for further replies.