• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dr Hawkes finished last Friday and the new man will take over at the start of next term.
41a2a2ff3e193bb5a2af2c10ed23e8a1
Apparently the body language at Northbridge between the two good Doctors was noticeably hostile.

So I am told.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Ninjas

Frank Row (1)
Gotta say I just love watching Zack Carey in Joeys 2nds. Had fantastic Trials games in 1st at 12 and 11. Now playing 13 in 2nd's. Despite a Round 1 Joeys loss to a very strong Scots side, Zack was the most damaging ball runner for Joeys. Danger lurks every time with ball in hand. What a talent. Big future for this kid.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Hi all

So the nationals kick off tomorrow and I am looking for writers and photographers to contribute to the GAGR match reports.

We are all good for tomorrow for writers, but there are quite a few gaps in my schedule for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

What I am asking for is 200 words on each match. That's stuff all.

The idea is that we cover the general 'vibe' of the game, key highlights, who played well and the final score.

If you would like to write (or have some photos you'd like included in the blog) please send me a private convo.

Regards

Rich

Ioverugby24/7

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi all

So the nationals kick off tomorrow and I am looking for writers and photographers to contribute to the GAGR match reports.

We are all good for tomorrow for writers, but there are quite a few gaps in my schedule for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

What I am asking for is 200 words on each match. That's stuff all.

The idea is that we cover the general 'vibe' of the game, key highlights, who played well and the final score.

If you would like to write (or have some photos you'd like included in the blog) please send me a private convo.

Regards

Rich
Hi mate - I can write on wed thurs or Saturday. But not tomorrow. I tried to message you but not working for some reason? Let me know if you need me.

Cheers

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Sometimes I feel like a walking promo for my old school, but I quote from the Northern Daily Leader (link at end):

"AUSTRALIA’S national rugby side may be having some challenges on the field, but that has not dampened the enthusiasm of 80 youngsters who are attending a camp at The Armidale School.

Camp Wallaby, a grassroots development arm of Australian Rugby, is giving boys and girls between 5 and 14 with a passion for the game the opportunity to ‘train like a Wallaby with a Wallaby’."

We country fellas (I use that word in a gender inclusive sense) deserve all the support we can get to survive against you city lot. I expect cheers from some of the ISA camp! But seriously reading some of the various threads on the schoolboy forum, the question of whether this player or not goes to League is less important than the question of what is actually being done to promote Rugby at the junior level.

Link: http://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/story/4779789/young-rugby-players-in-camp/

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)
Sometimes I feel like a walking promo for my old school, but I quote from the Northern Daily Leader (link at end):

"AUSTRALIA’S national rugby side may be having some challenges on the field, but that has not dampened the enthusiasm of 80 youngsters who are attending a camp at The Armidale School.

Camp Wallaby, a grassroots development arm of Australian Rugby, is giving boys and girls between 5 and 14 with a passion for the game the opportunity to ‘train like a Wallaby with a Wallaby’."

We country fellas (I use that word in a gender inclusive sense) deserve all the support we can get to survive against you city lot. I expect cheers from some of the ISA camp! But seriously reading some of the various threads on the schoolboy forum, the question of whether this player or not goes to League is less important than the question of what is actually being done to promote Rugby at the junior level.

Link: http://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/story/4779789/young-rugby-players-in-camp/
I think many in junior rugby are trying harder at the moment given the troubles at the professional level.....and my son and I are grateful because they are doing it for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I think many in junior rugby are trying harder at the moment given the troubles at the professional level...and my son and I are grateful because they are doing it for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very good point, OEP.

If you take the 83 kids who came to Armidale for that session, someone must have interested the kids. It may just be TV, it may just be parents, it may be other kids. So why were they interested enough to come?

In most cases, you will find (I think) that they came from areas with a rugby infrastructure, however limited dependent on volunteers. Then their parents had to find the money for them to come and probably drove them. So you have cost and time.

Then at TAS there were some paid people, but I would bet you there was a whole volunteer support structure. It's like when TAS goes to Sydney and stays in a boat shed. It's not just the boat shed's school, but a whole complex of linked locals who allow it to happen.

It's the volunteer infrastructure that, in the end, supports the whole pyramid with its many parts.

Chris F

Bob McCowan (2)
What parents at the school have told me and how well the school performs academically and in just about everything except rugby.
You only need to stroll down the sidelines at Northbridge to find plenty of criticism of Dr Wright. No, he doesn't coach the teams. He does however dictate the intake policy as well as resource allocation. The school is being left behind compared to other schools on talent identification (yes that is a euphemism) as well as coaching resources. There have been numerous representations made to him about the deterioration in the rugby program with no meaningful response. The guy completely brushes the kids at school. The HSC improvement has been notable under his tenure but the school is a comprehensive one with significant history in GPS rugb which he chooses to ignore. Change is afoot.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Courtesy of a Facebook page this morning....

Front Row Fridays.

We all know the blokes up front win games. We all know how good looking they are.
We all know the most important man in the rugby team is the tighthead prop and the second most important man in the team is the reserve tighthead prop.

There's a combination of skill, strength and street smarts that make a great front rower.

But you know what really annoys me?
Rugby mums.
Rugby mums that insists that their kid plays anywhere but in the front row. The mum that says her boy that is built like a prop plays in the backs!

You know what annoys me even more? The husband that sits by and allows the mum to dictate this travesty.

If you are one of these spineless men then you are no longer a man.

If you are one of these men you have no right to complain on social media about how the Wallabies have no front row depth.

If you are one of these men You have no right to complain about the Australian super rugby sides.

If you are one of these men and used to be a frontrower then you are excommunicated from the front row union.

Let all large / podgy / big boned / tank / chode / unit / brickshithouse kids fulfill their destiny to be the next
Blades
McKenzie
Harthill
Daly
Harry
McIntyre
Lawton
Kearns
Skeggs
Crowley

Make Australia Scrum again.
Let your kid play upfront.
For the love of Rugby, let your kid pack down.

Encourage the fat kid.
They are the kids we need. They will turn into scrumaging beasts.

#rugby #rugbyunion #naturalbodybulding #strengthandconditioning #scrum #makeaustraliascrumagain #props #hooker #tighthead #loosehead

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You only need to stroll down the sidelines at Northbridge to find plenty of criticism of Dr Wright. No, he doesn't coach the teams. He does however dictate the intake policy as well as resource allocation. The school is being left behind compared to other schools on talent identification (yes that is a euphemism) as well as coaching resources. There have been numerous representations made to him about the deterioration in the rugby program with no meaningful response. The guy completely brushes the kids at school. The HSC improvement has been notable under his tenure but the school is a comprehensive one with significant history in GPS rugb which he chooses to ignore. Change is afoot.

I'll take your word for it. You seem a lot closer to the Northbridge action than I am. Although be aware that the Sydney Archdiocese are more likely to appoint the next head on religious grounds than on his love of rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.