• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
DIV 1
ST PATS vs Knox - tipping a home upset over a inconsistent Knox
Colleagues vs DIRTY REDSs - will be tough but Drummoyne too strong in the end. A class above in Kentwell
PETERSHAM vs Mosman - Home ground enough to get the Shammies home.
BALMAIN vs Waverley - a stronger Muzzled Wolves outfit to dominate lowly Waves.

3/4 Waverley ruined my clean sweep

DIV 2
LINDFIELD vs Hac - My gut says Old Soldier can pull off the upset of the season. HAC has no lower grade depth and injuries at some stage must take there toll. Maybe its this week? OLD SOLDIER!
Hills vs HUNTERS - Will be brutal early but think HH will just get over the line.MOTR
Unsw vs MOUNTAINS - on the receiving end of a physical demolition by Hunters last week Unsw face more of the same with Mountains big men too big too strong.
FOREST vs Beecroft - my tip for most red or yellow cards. Forest have a pretty ordinary team this year but Beecroft are worse. Forest in a spiteful encounter.

2/4. Got the Lindfield result but didn't see Mountains not travelling and Beecroft scoring 3 tries to come back from 14-0 against a shocking Forest.

DIV 3
Epping vs BROTHERS - You recall I called this rebound early. Brothers have 'recruited' and they are on the move. Too much off field rubbish with Epping at moment and can see an upset on the cards.
SAINTS vs Newport - Saints by plenty against injury ravaged Breakers
IGGIES vs Bobs - IGGIEs will look to bounce back from last weeks performance and expect Bobs famous 2nd round blues to commence this week.
REDFIELD vs Hawkesbury - This is a 50/50 game but with a dry track Redfields backs will overcome Hawkesburys forward dominance

2/4 good win by BOBs considering they forefeited 3rds. I over estimated Brothers or maybe underestimated Epping.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Anybody on here know what's going on with Redfield and Lindfield?? Saw on FB one of the Redfield players is possibly defecting to Lindfield and it seems to have touched a nerve

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just banter mate. The bloke in question missed a game to attend another clubs ladies day. Criminal offence.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've gotta put my hand up and say I tipped brothers. From all reports they were beyond disgraceful in the lower grades then competed well in 1s with blokes missing. Redfield keep scrapping through be interesting to see what they do with their sides leading into finals.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Just got info from Epping Hotel that first grade coach has made big effort to get the club back on side by paying $1000 out of his own pocket for drinks.

My girlfriend works behind the bar at Tracks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Just got info from Epping Hotel that first grade coach has made big effort to get the club back on side by paying $1000 out of his own pocket for drinks.

My girlfriend works behind the bar at Tracks

No way the tight bastard did that. More likely, it came out of the club coffers and he claimed it as his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Petersham back to full strength and no doubt stung by some below par performances the last two weeks really put a demolition job on today. It was the game they've been threatening to do all season. Confirms them as premiership favourites.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
I apologise. Let my emotions get the best of me. Good luck to the club. He is obviously doing some good things with the club. 1st in 1s and 3s. I would love to have blokes like booba at the club mentoring our young guys.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Boonba..

He's pretty fat. Think they call him Boppa. By all acountsfrom Somerville today, the guy is a trainwreck

Got his team 10 points clear mid way through the season, must be a disaster...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just realised we're the only club in Subbies without a win this year. o_O

Had another guy - with talent - advise he can't play the rest of the year due to work. Playing that many minutes is too risky. Can't blame him.

At least he'll volunteer though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So Maccabi and Roseville forfeited First Grade. I assume due to events that made the weekend utter shit.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And that makes 7 forfeits across Subbies for the weekend by my count - or nearly 10% of matches.

We'll see if it was just EOFY causing this. I'm about to put up a "Please Explain" for my guys because fuck playing two games per week.

S

Saint Yves

I am hearing that the beef at Epping will end this week with a few players leaving including the 9 who is going to Lane Cove? I think they are all unhappy with Bupa & his coaching style (is that seriously his name??) From what I hear he is just waiting on the paperwork to come through so that his brother also gets a job on the board? Lane Cove are hoping this will improve them from 6th to 5th for this year & are hoping to get all the unhappy Epping players next year as a flow on from this? Can anyone confirm this as we have the match of the round against them this week & I believe this will tip the match in our favour. After a strong effort vs the highly fancied Newport, we are backing ourselves to knock off the benchmark as we know where to target Epping from now on. Should be a cracking match

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I am hearing that the beef at Epping will end this week with a few players leaving including the 9 who is going to Lane Cove? I think they are all unhappy with Bupa & his coaching style (is that seriously his name??) From what I hear he is just waiting on the paperwork to come through so that his brother also gets a job on the board? Lane Cove are hoping this will improve them from 6th to 5th for this year & are hoping to get all the unhappy Epping players next year as a flow on from this? Can anyone confirm this as we have the match of the round against them this week & I believe this will tip the match in our favour. After a strong effort vs the highly fancied Newport, we are backing ourselves to knock off the benchmark as we know where to target Epping from now on. Should be a cracking match

I can confirm some details from a very important meeting that took place yesterday. The board, the coaching staff, some player representatives and a group of life members met for talks regarding this situation. It is true that a number of players have considered Lane Cove as a destination however the board, with support of life member reps, have come to an agreement with Boppa regarding his coaching style and relationship with the players.

It is all settled for now, however, players are still looking at the July 31 cut off for transfers. No transfers will be processed before Saturday, but whether or not the players turn up might be another thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.