• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand (2017)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I recall rocky elsom being penalised for jumping rather than the other way round. To be honest, the ref was a bit turd. But, i thought he actually favored the ABs in the large part. Late tackle being the key example. If bogan didnt miss 3 kicks the ABs still win.

The Sbw incident aside as that was a disgrace im sure has seen him see the ab jersey for the last time.

Yep, lets be clear - a knowing shoulder hit right into the face/head, shit Watson could have been blinded or suffered severe head injury, rest-of-life affecting.

There is NO excuse for that hit.

If it'd been Q Cooper in reverse on an AB, he'd need the Australian SAS in numbers with armoured vehicles out to get him safely to Wellington airport.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
SBW to get anywhere between 5-10 weeks based on the World Rugby wheel of misfortune disciplinary guidelines

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Lions deserved the win BUT since when has jumping into a tackle been OK?

Deserved the win? A win is fair enough but I thought they played worse than a 14 man side for about 40 minutes. They weren't appreciably better in any area. Slightly better in the backs maybe, but for obvious reasons.

Only one decision I'll comment on. That last penalty is an absolute FUCKING DISGRACE. There is one fucking man that caused that and it's the prick who jumps to catch a pass on the gain line. It rewards the team who fucked up their pass, while penalises the tackler.. who should have done what differently? Those should never EVER be penalised. A very shitty way to decide a test.

Garces was scratchy both ways but can have no complaints overall. He didn't allow any contest at the ruck which probably favoured the AB's.

Well done to the Lions for getting a win. At least game 3 will be good.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Wow the Lions made hard work of that.

yeah, my 2c is they felt being a man up for the game would win it for them and they dropped off the pace. It wasn't until they were a man down themselves that they fired up.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Deserved the win? A win is fair enough but I thought they played worse than a 14 man side for about 40 minutes. They weren't appreciably better in any area. Slightly better in the backs maybe, but for obvious reasons.

Only one decision I'll comment on. That last penalty is an absolute FUCKING DISGRACE. There is one fucking man that caused that and it's the prick who jumps to catch a pass on the gain line. It rewards the team who fucked up their pass, while penalises the tackler.. who should have done what differently? Those should never EVER be penalised. A very shitty way to decide a test.

Garces was scratchy both ways but can have no complaints overall. He didn't allow any contest at the ruck which probably favoured the AB's.

Well done to the Lions for getting a win. At least game 3 will be good.

Oh, OK, the Lions deserved (sort of) to win but 'they really should not have won 'cause last penalty shouldn't have been given'.

I guess the ABs never truly lose, even when scoring less points at the final siren.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Oh, OK, the Lions deserved (sort of) to win but 'they really should not have won 'cause last penalty shouldn't have been given'.

I guess the ABs never truly lose, even when scoring less points at the final siren.

Your failure to differentiate what I said is your problem. Good of you to argue the point.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I definitely have a problem with that. Off a kick is an entirely different story but when it is an attacker dealing with a bad pass the defender has to be able to make a tackle.

Maybe if the defender does something that obviously puts the attacker in a dangerous position it should be penalised but if it is just making a tackle in the situation you are in then play on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Man that penalty that won the game for the lions was a joke. Yeh he said tats why I didn't card you. Reid should of said yeh but it's deciding the biggest test match in the last 3 years. What a shit call

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The scary part of this game was if barrett kicked his penalties they still win. Even with 14 players most the game

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Great test. The Lions had a good crack at losing it against 14 men - geez I've never seen Itoje look as rattled as that.

Great hitting from the Lions around the ruck. Will make NZ re-evaluate in test 3.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
What did we think of Vunipola's carte jaune? While Barrett looked to be sort-of rolling back, he also still looked to be close to the ball. At worst should have been a penalty, but not a YC. Am I missing something?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Did he jump into the tackle or did he jump for the ball? Two different scenarios.

He seems to have been jumping for the ball and the law makes no distinction as to why a player is jumping for the ball. The same sanction applies whether it's a kick, a pass, a lineout jump or anything else.

Law 10.4 (i)

i)
Tackling the jumper in the air. A player must not tackle nor tap, push or pull the foot or feet of an opponent jumping for the ball in a lineout or in open play.​

Sanction: Penalty kick1 2