• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Wiki says he's been playing 2's at Northampton, and came down here for some experience,heading back for their new season which I believe starts early August.

KiwiBattler

Bob McCowan (2)
It does start to look quite bad and worked by the end of the season, mud patches and all. I'm always impressed every February/March at how good they get it looking again.

Bear in mind they also have league play on there on Sundays, Colts every other Saturday, and they will always play on the field even when it's rained all day

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
That's just Manly isn't it?

Not trying to be critical. I think that if the SS wants to truly be'the best club competition in the world' more efforts like this are needed right across the board. This is the Manly Roos program right?

The SS clubs need to devise strategies to develop greater connections within their local communities and projects such as Try Time are something they should all be looking to adopt and nurture.

Others should be focused around building club engagement and membership and looking further afield in regards to growing the participation within the competition.

No it's not just Manly - I know of a couple of other clubs that are now doing similar using Try Time.

Agree it would be awesome all SS clubs doing something similar - it is their call.

The following is a summary which is reviewed / improved after each school holidays - I cut and pasted.

Gents, more than happy to promote the game this weekend to the parents that sent their kids the last two days and the previous week. We would be silly not to

All in all it was a really successful 2 camps with a couple of really good things happening relevant to Manly

1. 126 kids came along to the two camps out there 55 of them had never been before and heard about us through word of mouth.
  2. 40 of the kids were in under 6 or under 7 age group which means we can keep growing those younger age groups and bringing them through
  3. 15 of the kids that came had NEVER PLAYED RUGBY BEFORE so I will look to introduce them to clubs. I know there was at least 5 that are now going to move from Soccer to rugby or from league to rugby. This is exactly what we’re trying to achieve!
  4. I employed 6 blokes from Manly club at both camps but also at the Chatswood camp as well. These guys earned some $ in the uni/school holidays. I know 3 of them actually took leave from their normal jobs to do the camps as they enjoy it more and can earn more than they would.
  5. I used Matty Lucas to talk at Chatswood camp and James Hilterbrand to talk at Harbord to again create that alliance with shute shield clubs

The last thing is I have also been using Kotoni, Sio, Harry chapman and David Stenning to all run sessions for me at clubs or privately across Sydney so they’re getting more work there as well.

All in all things are heading in the right direction and I think we’re all benefiting from working together so think the more we do that the better for everyone but especially for the game. Nice to have a good news story in rugby.

Yeah I think if each SS team did this it would be good for our game, good for their brand, and have more young kids (parents) wanting to watch local games and having idols they look up to.

received_10158901055735237.jpeg

At the moment kids and parents are loving the Marlins Burger.

20170415_183505.jpg

Haven't tasted the burger since round 10.

And whilst I'm on a bit of a roll, one of our u10's boys did a bit of damage to his elbow - home visit from Marlin and Waratah - Matty Lucas. How to blow the minds of kids and parents, and so good for grass roots

19642350_10155892058200348_8885048553850779212_n.jpg

Shute Shield doing good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.