• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner123

Frank Row (1)
Thought I would share my thoughts on the Barker vs Waverley match..

Wow. No doubt one of the best matches of school boy rugby I have seen in my time on the sidelines. Waverley being the clear favourites seemed to have fired up the Barker to bring everything they had. The defence in this game from both sides was phenomenal. Barker in the way that they fronted up with heavy hits to the Waverley players and then no doubt the winning element for Waverley, relentless defence inside their own 22m. I thought that Donaldson played a massive role in relieving pressure for the Waverley boys. The Barker forward pack was looked to for go forward, which they provided. It was clear that both teams had done their homework on each other and made for a fantastic game of rugby. IMHO the game could have been given to either side and am proud of both teams for the way they played and the entertaining rugby they provided for the spectators.

Predictions: Barker to beat Knox, Waverley to take out the premiership after another tight game with Knox to finish the season.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Thanks axel,

I would give you some intel about Barker, but you will be fine, if you know what I mean.

Sounds like Trinity are much the same as last year, I think our issue, which I think you experienced last year, is injuries.

We have several key players out for the season, and indeed we have had 5-6 players out in every game we have played this year, but that's rugby.

Hope its a play off for us in the final game at Knox.

Same for the 1st XV but be careful the Barker pack is big and they were on their game against us. But that also may have been their grand final, we also had 2 key forwards out.

If all goes to plan it will be a super Saturday across several age groups.

Cheers WLF

Thanks WLF. Sorry to hear that you have some season ending injuries......sad for the boys and really puts pressure on a schools depth. I'm sure you guys will account for Trinity, and all going well, we get to play on Knox 1 in a fortnight for the chocolates.
I watched Knox 1st's yesterday....and having read the reports of the Wave's Barker game (which sounded like a cracker), i really think it could be a 3 way tie for the premiership. Hopefully Knox having the home ground next week v Barker may help us......anyway see you on the sidelines on the 5th.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks WLF. Sorry to hear that you have some season ending injuries..sad for the boys and really puts pressure on a schools depth. I'm sure you guys will account for Trinity, and all going well, we get to play on Knox 1 in a fortnight for the chocolates.
I watched Knox 1st's yesterday..and having read the reports of the Wave's Barker game (which sounded like a cracker), i really think it could be a 3 way tie for the premiership. Hopefully Knox having the home ground next week v Barker may help us..anyway see you on the sidelines on the 5th.

So it will be Knox 1 ?

That is a real treat for all the boys.

A 3 way tie would entail that Knox, Barker and Waves lose 1 each.

I think there will be 1 winner.

Let's discuss on the 5th.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Looking forward -

Nexts weeks Knox/Barker game will be huge.

Home ground advantage could tip the winner.

But I think Barker could take the cake with a performance similar to the one they played today.

Trying to be objective, if Barker play like that next week I think they will win by some because I have never seen a defensive effort like that from Waverley or any other school in a long long time.

One of the most tense and gruelling matches I have ever seen.
Hats of to Barker their plan,execution, and will to win was gold.

RugbyFan14

Herbert Moran (7)
Outstanding goal line defence from Waverley. Reckon Barker had 75% of the ball. 1 missed conversion by Waverley and 1 missed penalty from Barker. Great game plan and very gutsy execution by Barker to frustrate a team that on paper looked a lot stronger (compare their results v St Joseph's). Barker scrum was superior and line out dominant - stole several Waverley throws.

Same game plan will not work against the huge Knox forwards and Knox line out will be the stronger. Expect a gutsy Barker to wear down against Knox, assuming they have anything left in the tank to begin with after leaving it all out on the field v Waverley.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So it will be Knox 1 ?

Hoping for Knox 1....time will tell. One of your injured boys you mentioned before, is that the poor guy who hurt his spine? I hope beyond hope it's not as bad as it sounds. He was picked in the Sydney 14's team and has had to pull out...I hope all ends up ok for him

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
So it will be Knox 1 ?

Cranners 14a's drew 15 all with trinity.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Match reports from yesterday.

Rod's Barker v Waverley report is one of the best (most engaging) I've published.

Sounds like one heck of a match.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/cas-round-2-waves-win-hornsby-thriller/#disqus_thread

Great report from Rod and sounds like an amazing game to have watched. I'm happy my 20+ prediction was so off, can't wait for the next two weeks and i don't think i'll be able to stay away from the Waves vs Knox game. Another close year on our hands and another reminder why there is nothing better than schoolboy rugby.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hey rod, thanks for positive match report

6 was Murphy... not whiteman ... who was 4.
8 was Cornish

Think there was a mix up with program ... and Waverley stuck to their normal backline combination.. and barker defended as well In backs as Waverley did in the forwards

I thought Waverley were going to lose the match particularly as they kept putting the ball into touch, despite the line out being a disaster

Think next 2 weeks Waverley need to work on their line-out and/or work on a game plan that sees them playing to their strengths

Much as barker should be super proud of their efforts, and waverleys commitment could not be faulted ... I would be critical of waverley not adjusting their game plan

Having said that Waverley were down a player for 10 minutes and tackled themselves to a stand still

I think Eden rogers smith ... should be elevated ... altgh not prepared to name who should be dropped ... at least not after that effort

Also in 16as ... score board showed barker won 7-5... did the scoreboard get it wrong? Would explain the final play ... when inexplicably Waverley kicked the ball out.

Either way good day for Waverley across the A teams

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hey rod, thanks for positive match report

6 was Murphy. not whiteman . who was 4.
8 was Cornish

Think there was a mix up with program . and Waverley stuck to their normal backline combination.. and barker defended as well In backs as Waverley did in the forwards

I thought Waverley were going to lose the match particularly as they kept putting the ball into touch, despite the line out being a disaster

Think next 2 weeks Waverley need to work on their line-out and/or work on a game plan that sees them playing to their strengths

Much as barker should be super proud of their efforts, and waverleys commitment could not be faulted . I would be critical of waverley not adjusting their game plan

Having said that Waverley were down a player for 10 minutes and tackled themselves to a stand still

I think Eden rogers smith . should be elevated . altgh not prepared to name who should be dropped . at least not after that effort

Also in 16as . score board showed barker won 7-5. did the scoreboard get it wrong? Would explain the final play . when inexplicably Waverley kicked the ball out.

Either way good day for Waverley across the A teams
16As was a 7 all draw. Apologies for the number mix up. I was just going by the program but I noted Hardaker and Donaldson had reverted to normal playing positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
To all. I can confirm that the team list provided to Barker by Waverley was printed in the program accurately. Think of that as you will. If this is the level of behaviour deemed appropriate by sports masters then I am gutted. This is schoolboy rugby. Not nuclear launch codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Cranners 14a's drew 15 all with trinity.

Sorry mate, you are geeing me up, no disrespect to Cranners but we are bracing for a huge game v Trinity next week and then Knox on Knox 1 in the last week.

Please confirm and no BS thanks.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sorry mate, you are geeing me up, no disrespect to Cranners but we are bracing for a huge game v Trinity next week and then Knox on Knox 1 in the last week.

Please confirm and no BS thanks.

Still not sure if its on Knox 1......hoping for that

Reactions: WLF

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hoping for Knox 1..time will tell. One of your injured boys you mentioned before, is that the poor guy who hurt his spine? I hope beyond hope it's not as bad as it sounds. He was picked in the Sydney 14's team and has had to pull out.I hope all ends up ok for him

Yes but the view is he will recover for next year, as they are all growing these things can happen, as you probably know, funny age 13/14.

We think it more precaution, but it is real, so nothing worse occurs.
The other is our 6/5 lock, amongst a few others, I think you guys had similar last year.

I did hear that Trinity drew 15 all with Cranbrook last weekend.

So the last round may well be for the title, hopefully on Knox 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.