• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
What I think getwithme is trying to say sage is that Wests this year have concentrated on recruiting lads with the right attitude to learn, improving individual player skill development and ensuring they feel an important part of the club! If that's not a program I don't know what is, if you disagree then maybe you really are too old and too tired!

Not all clubs have the pulling power or players resources/numbers of the 'top' clubs so they have to adapt!

Good luck to all sides in the finals, can't wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I'm saying again. In stead of saying how it is people have to bs on about their program. Well if it were all down to the clubs "program", then how is it that Wests started winning from he first game? it's the recruitment first and then maybe the program or facilities etc. Just trying to cut through the bs is my point.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Recruitment yes but also pre-planned approach of the intense pre-season that had them ready and on same page! Still sounds like a program to me
Don't forget Sage these lads weren't recognised or on any rep pathway, so kudos to Wests! Now there are boys not only playing in prems but a good stock building a future for the club from colts upwards.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Your dreaming aren't you?? West have 3 (maybe 4) key kiwi players in this year and you know it. So don't go on with program this facilities that; makes you sound foolish and us stupid.

Not rocking the PC ladder so much after yesterday's game; and more of that to come when we get to the finals race.

So with your "no names" comment above sole334, you can fool some of the people, some of the time, but not all of the people, all of the time!

act now,
dude I dont know what the fuck youre on about here mate. Don't take statements out of context.
If you are going to attack someone else's statements on this forum, then dont assume,and be specific with your accusation.
  1. I NEVER said anything about facilities.You must be jealous that a club is willing to spend money to improve the quality such as WESTS facility to service players.
  2. Program: leave your emotions out of the discussions and you wont sound as stupid as your comments. That was based on a chat with a coach who has adapted a certain style and it is working.
  3. "no names" that was not my words but a comment made by someone else in reference to the Wests players not having many schoolboys representatives as other PC teams.
  4. whose fooling who??
  5. Nobody called you stupid BUT yourself. . . idiot :)

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Most definitely not a supporter of either club but I really haven't got the foggiest idea what your gripe is here Sage? There has been kudos given to the people involved and the players of a club for their program improving. A group of players who do not have maybe the reputations of other players who did get the kudos in their school days with selection for rep teams and now we have a bigger pool of players of good standard to improve QLD rugby because of the way their season has gone. This is to be applauded. Good grief.

Agreed, proper job...roll on these finals. What a great group of games to come we will have. A very good performance from the heavies yesterday despite a few notable absentees. Building nicely but these teams can barely be split at the moment. It's anyone's from here

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
act now,
dude I dont know what the fuck youre on about here mate. Don't take statements out of context.
If you are going to attack someone else's statements on this forum, then dont assume,and be specific with your accusation.
  1. I NEVER said anything about facilities.You must be jealous that a club is willing to spend money to improve the quality such as WESTS facility to service players.
  2. Program: leave your emotions out of the discussions and you wont sound as stupid as your comments. That was based on a chat with a coach who has adapted a certain style and it is working.
  3. "no names" that was not my words but a comment made by someone else in reference to the Wests players not having many schoolboys representatives as other PC teams.
  4. whose fooling who??
  5. Nobody called you stupid BUT yourself. idiot :)

Getting a bit defensive and abusive yrself sole334?

You suggested "the program" was the main factor for Wests success this year. I disagreed with u and said recruitment was a bigger factor and I was sick of the bs people carry on about programs.

I just pointed that out to you. So don't get all defensive and use crass language. . Good.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Most definitely not a supporter of either club but I really haven't got the foggiest idea what your gripe is here Sage? There has been kudos given to the people involved and the players of a club for their program improving. A group of players who do not have maybe the reputations of other players who did get the kudos in their school days with selection for rep teams and now we have a bigger pool of players of good standard to improve QLD rugby because of the way their season has gone. This is to be applauded. Good grief.

Agreed, proper job.roll on these finals. What a great group of games to come we will have. A very good performance from the heavies yesterday despite a few notable absentees. Building nicely but these teams can barely be split at the moment. It's anyone's from here

I don't have too big a gripe NCWK. Of course they don't have a reputation here, but they may in NZ according to one of the fathers (of one of the players) I was talking to at the beginning of the season.

I agree the more the merrier and if it improves the quality of QLD rugby, I'm all for it. But don't say it's the program, because it's the quality of the cattle imho. Do u get that?

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't have too big a gripe NCWK. Of course they don't have a reputation here, but they may in NZ according to one of the fathers (of one of the players) I was talking to at the beginning of the season.

I agree the more the merrier and if it improves the quality of QLD rugby, I'm all for it. But don't say it's the program, because it's the quality of the cattle imho. Do u get that?

I think you should move on Sage, your overall comments appear based on green eyed envy and it sounded as if you couldn't wait to put the boot in when Wests eventually dropped a game ( took a while) well done to filth on Saturday for the close win!
Stop commenting on things you clearly aren't aware of inc;
1. It takes 30+ players to complete a season not3/4
2: it's taking a quality coaching team and forward thinking people to plan and execute a coaching strategy (program whatever you'd like to call it)
3, whatever happens in the finals for Wests it's been a success already and I hope norths, Souths etc follow suit and let's change the tired old process of 2/3 teams taking the vast majority of the so say rep/pathways players that essentially is not good for developing Qld rugby as a whole!
4: developing and recognising talent away from the usual is a skill in itself!

Roll on for some great finals rugby and Sage support your team and let us support ours
UTD!!!

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ah good to see nothing's changed between the clubs. Souths were of course not involved? Must of been the 0 from 14 -622, that did it! Good to see Souths spirits haven't been dampened and no tees were injured during the ruckus ;).

No Souths supporters were involved in the incident no - just one from Brothers who escalated the whole situation and I hope they throw the book at him

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
So with the ladder sitting so tight for the top 3, how is first place determined?
The way it sits at the moment Brothers is 1 point above both West's and UQ.
If brothers beat Sunnybank but don't get the bonus point they move to 64 points, if Wests and UQ both win and get bonus points they both move to 64 points. Is it biggest points difference that will decide? Or is it most wins?

TBOY

Bob McCowan (2)
I think you should move on Sage, your overall comments appear based on green eyed envy and it sounded as if you couldn't wait to put the boot in when Wests eventually dropped a game ( took a while) well done to filth on Saturday for the close win!
2: it's taking a quality coaching team and forward thinking people to plan and execute a coaching strategy (program whatever you'd like to call it)
3, whatever happens in the finals for Wests it's been a success already and I hope norths, Souths etc follow suit and let's change the tired old process of 2/3 teams taking the vast majority of the so say rep/pathways players that essentially is not good for developing Qld rugby as a whole!

Roll on for some great finals rugby and Sage support your team and let us support ours
UTD!!!

I agree .... Sage you are a twat ! & ill informed ! Bring on final round and an exciting final series with some up tempo & competitive rugby. Good lUck to the lucky teams to participate.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree .. Sage you are a twat ! & ill informed ! Bring on final round and an exciting final series with some up tempo & competitive rugby. Good lUck to the lucky teams to participate.
Guys all Sage was eluding to was the fact that a program would tailor to the individual needs of each player and include nutrition, speed, strength, endurance, skin fold measurements, recovery, individual analysis and feedback etc. and a lot more time than 1.5 - 2 hrs twice a week. I am sure this is not the case. GPS schools have programs and the Reds have programs, I am not aware of too many others. I'm pleased they have recruited well and wish the team all the best.

TBOY

Bob McCowan (2)
Guys all Sage was eluding to was the fact that a program would tailor to the individual needs of each player and include nutrition, speed, strength, endurance, skin fold measurements, recovery, individual analysis and feedback etc. and a lot more time than 1.5 - 2 hrs twice a week. I am sure this is not the case. GPS schools have programs and the Reds have programs, I am not aware of too many others. I'm pleased they have recruited well and wish the team all the best.

Again no idea !

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)

UTD!!!

Not envious actually very happy to see Wests do well. I like what they have done there; great innovation. Your comments are fairly immature but anyway.

Wests were fairly close last year and with the recruitment will be closer again.
I think one of your comments is fairly true as depth of players may be a critical factor. Think that may be one of the difference in the next couple of weeks.

Of the top 2-3 teams Brothers I know for a fact don't pay or give benefits except for the Rohrig group who do extra training. I don't begrudge the ones who do get scholarship or the like; good for them.

Brothers are successful even though they don't have too many "pathway or rep" players. They just wanna play with their mates and the club. They train hard and play the same. It's called culture. So there goes yr well researched theory.

And don't tell me what I do know or don't know about rugby kiddo.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I agree .. Sage you are a twat ! & ill informed ! Bring on final round and an exciting final series with some up tempo & competitive rugby. Good lUck to the lucky teams to participate.

Good one TBOY! Jokes on u.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not envious actually very happy to see Wests do well. I like what they have done there; great innovation. Your comments are fairly immature but anyway.

Wests were fairly close last year and with the recruitment will be closer again.
I think one of your comments is fairly true as depth of players may be a critical factor.

On the top 2-3 teams Brothers I know for a fact don't pay or give benefits except for the Rohrig group who do extra training. I don't begrudge the ones who do get scholarship or the like; good for them.

Brothers are successful even though they don't have too many "pathway or rep" players. They just wanna play with their mates and the club. They train hard and play the same. It's called culture. So there goes yr well researched theory.

And don't tell me what I do know or don't know about rugby kiddo.

If you read correctly Sage, you might ascertain that I was pointing out that you know nothing about what Wests is doing and I was attempting to nicely make that clear!
Again good luck to all teams and you might want to consider that I have not commented on the other teams like you did and how they run! Or mock Wests now Brothers are top like you did!
Now as before I consider move on and any comments you consider rude has not come from me and will not come from me as believe or not actually I am mature...so try not to bite young man x

Status
Not open for further replies.